android
Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 AM

Help Clip+ problems

Hi, just bought an 8gig + and installed latest firmware but the following things are occurring.

When I plug it into my pc the safely remove device icon does not appear on the taskbar.

When the sandisk window opens with all the options it shows the battery level as being at 0% and when I click on "Manage Media on your device" I get this error message:

Windows cannot find '""C:\Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

I'm also trying to install rockbox using the Rockbox Utility but when I press the autodetect button it says, "could not detect a device. Select your device and Mountpoint manually."

But the clip is not listed in the drop down menu to choose the mountpoint.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Hi, just bought an 8gig + and installed latest firmware but the following things are occurring.

When I plug it into my pc the safely remove device icon does not appear on the taskbar.

When the sandisk window opens with all the options it shows the battery level as being at 0% and when I click on "Manage Media on your device" I get this error message:

Windows cannot find '""C:\Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again

I'm also trying to install rockbox using the Rockbox Utility but when I press the autodetect button it says, "could not detect a device. Select your device and Mountpoint manually."

But the clip is not listed in the drop down menu to choose the mountpoint.
OK, the section I highlighted....that is due to the fact that when you update the firmware, it generally switches the USB mode to Auto-Detect. Auto-detect sucks ass.....switch it back to MSC in the USB mode of the settings and the safely remove should reappear. And that next section, about the SanDisk window, I'm guessing the same will be true, that it will go away once you're back in MSC.....unless you used the SanDisk Updater program....and if you did, uninstall it(the Updater), you don't need it.

Beyond that, I have no answers for you regarding the Rockbox install...I've never installed it.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 AM

Thank you very much sir that did the trick

Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Thank you very much sir that did the trick
You're welcome....enjoy the Clip+! I use mine every day.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:52 AM

Well got rockbox installed no probs so looking forward to trying it out now. And I'm also quite amazed at the sound quality of the included buds...I mean, I'm no audiophile and I am using Monster Turbine's which do sound very good but I left em at work so I haven't been able to hear them on the clip yet. But these stock buds...they sound great.