android
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 PM

Default Screen Flickering Issue

Anyone else have an issue with there zune screen flickering. Its extremely annoying and bothersome to my eyes when using my zune HD at night (don't notice it during the day)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 PM

Very rare to me...

But very constant screen flicker if I have my ZuneHD charging and also have wifi on at the same time... So I avoid at all cost charging+wifi.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 PM

yes although now that it supports xvid almost none of my videos flicker. of course it still flickers when loading websites but no biggie there.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

It's a well known issue amongst consumers, but for some reason, MS claims that they have not been able to reproduce it in the lab (I've seen it now on all 5 Zune HDs I've come in contact with).

Bascially, this is MS stating that it's not a big issue, and they have no intentions to fix it, or simply cannot fix it due to a flaw in hardware. It's kind of like Steve Jobs telling you how to hold your phone.

And in truth, it really isn't a big issue, because it only affects the Zune in limited situations, and doesn't affect video playback. It would be nice if the issue could be fixed, but it won't really hurt anyone if it doesn't get fixed.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 AM

never been a problem with mine *shrugs*

Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 AM

i've noticed mine to flicker very lightly when watching videos..

Old 06-29-2010, 06:57 AM

mine flick on browsing only..common issue

Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM

The only reason I even noticed the flickering was because of reading it here. Does it really bother you that much? If so, ask MS to make the next version as thick as an ipod so that they can fit a layer of lead in-between the screen and the WIFI module to block the interference. :P

Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
The only reason I even noticed the flickering was because of reading it here. Does it really bother you that much? If so, ask MS to make the next version as thick as an ipod so that they can fit a layer of lead in-between the screen and the WIFI module to block the interference. :P
Funny that you mention that. I actually bought an Incpio Edge Slider simply because I felt the Zune HD was too thin! Different strokes, as we all have our preferences.

To be fair, I like the form factor of the Zune HD better than the Ipod Touch. The Touch being wider, but still uer-thin, makes me feel like I'm holding a wide, dull knife.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Funny that you mention that. I actually bought an Incpio Edge Slider simply because I felt the Zune HD was too thin! Different strokes, as we all have our preferences.

To be fair, I like the form factor of the Zune HD better than the Ipod Touch. The Touch being wider, but still uer-thin, makes me feel like I'm holding a wide, dull knife.
I like the thin, heavy(in relation to its size) feel because it makes it feel really really solid.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post

Eh. I've never really liked using cases (I prefer having my devices naked), despite the lack of protection. I mean, I like the case I won from Enzo, but I just like the feeling of the aluminum back in my palm. The case also blocks some of the bezel too, so it takes a little adjustment when scrolling and such.

But the flickering is just one of those things. Like dust getting under the screen. Or the fact that splotches appear on the OLED screen when it's in total darkness and the screen is all black.