android
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 AM

Location: avondale arizona.. better then where i use to live..
Default v moda vibe's

yes i got them, and all i can say is i love them!! there tiny and they sound awesome. but from what ive read, they sound better after you "burn" them in. ive seen 10 hours 100 and up to 200 hours. now thats just playing music right? i can do that, but eh.. ill use them to get them burned in!! but this is not my problem right now. see, compared to all the guys who are the same size as me(6'3" 230lbs of not pure muscle) i have a large head. but when i first tried the vibes for the first time, i wouldnt say they hurt, just a mild annoyance. but even the smallest silcone fittings are too big!! but just bearly. these things came with 4 small, medium and large fittings. im using the 2 black smallest ones. could i take the white ones, turn them inside out and then cut away at some of the silicone to make it smaller? i think its worth a shot because i like the black ones anyway, if i mess up the white ones, o well..
newest member is a Sansa Express 1GB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 AM

I can't believe all the silicone fittings are too big - it depends on how you wear the Vibes.

I use the smallest tips and push them as far into my ears as possible. However, with the medium tips I can use them in my outer ear canals, this way they fit about the same as the other popular cheap IEMs (Senn CX300, Creative EP630, Sony EX71). Both versions of how to wear them give different sound, you'd have to experiment with that.

You might try to use the transparent small tips, as they are softer than the black ones.

Edit: Thread moved.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:25 PM

well.. the tip itself is just as long as my ear cannal is.. and it is weird.. if i take the tip off i can still have them in my ears.. today when i pulled the right bud out, the tip riped.. so what i think ill do is remove all but the every end of the tip and see if i can get it to fit better.. and after haveing them in all day durning school, i found a large problem with them.. i have them under my shirt, so the cord wont get caught on anything and by doing that, the metal thing where the cord splits gets caught on my shirt and pulls on the earbuds and sometimes makes them pop out.

oh.. after looking at the tips i have left.. i have 2 more small ones i didnt notice, and there black!

Old 12-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Editor

Hey... the review is up on the front page.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 PM

W00t

Old 12-19-2006, 05:56 PM

Great review. Probably the best one I've seen. It definately makes me not regret my purchase. I can't wait until these ship in tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:00 PM

just read your review and i have to agree with everything you said.. and i didnt even notice the little hole at the bottom! but i cant really tell the difference in how soft the black or white ones are. you said that you can lie down and be comfortable.. i dont think i could do that. they dont go that far into my head. as i said before.. my head is huge but my ears are tiny!! another thing i noticed.. if you push on the tips they can snap again.. the front of the long metal thingy(no idea what its called so i aways use thingy) i dont know if you noticed it or not.. it puts the whole thing in your ear more. but it takes away the flexiblility of the tip.. and it just hurts my ears!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 07:11 PM

I actually have to tilt the Vibes in my ears to get em in this far with the small fittings. When I try to push em in straight it's not working. I have to use an angle, inserting them from the front of my head (ie. my mug) to the back, at about 45 degrees. They also need to be wobbled around a bit.

Sorry about your ears, but it really seems something's wrong - my girlfriend has tiny ear canals and has to use the tiniest silicon fittings on all our IEMs - but she has no problem with the small Vibe fittings at all.

Although I can lie down with the Vibes, the CX300 are definitely more comfortable for that, even though they won't go in my ears nearly as far as the Vibes.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:15 PM

well.. you say you have to insert them from the front.. i have to insert them from the back and i need to push down on the back to get the tip to go up.. so they go deep..

if i take the tips off.. the tip of the vibe is hitting my eardrum..and my earcannal is about as big as the round part sticking out of the vibes.. i mean they dont hurt anymore when i wear them.. but its just kinda weird..

Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 PM

Time to let mine burn it. They definitely hurt my ears a bit, and it doesn't sound as... clear as my Sony's in my other post. They isolate alright on the small ones, but they can still wobble in my ear even though they got as far back as they physically can. Should I just switch out to the M size?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:27 PM

Ah, I let it burn for about 4 hours, I can tell the difference in performance.
It's much more clear and I can hear individual sounds in my songs better.

Mostly, though, it's not hurting my head too much. It should be absolute by the 10 hour mark.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:47 PM

yea.. i got them on monday, and the bass was bad. thats what everyone said.. but then i rembered about them having to "burn" in. so i continued to listen to them.. yesterday, with my ears recovered i put them back in and they did sound better. today, the vocals and highs are very clear, but the bass is distorting.. so ill let them continue to play tomarow and on friday.. i think i might hook them up to my comp and let them play all day on a low volume, thats what i listen with them at.. a low volume. even though these block out alot of "white noise" i can still hear my friends talking to me, when the volume on my zen is around 7.. i listen to them around 15.. and then theres the max 25.. my god.. i can hear these things about 5 feet away and still here the singer! its distorted yea, but some people really listen to there music at that volume, and apear to have less hearing loss then me.. i hate my ears, so many problems..

Old 12-21-2006, 12:24 AM

Wink

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that your Zen may just have bad sound quality all together. On my Samsung YP-Z5 the bass was good from day one. It's just that the treble was slightly sloppy and the bass was a little muddy. It doesn't even sound distorted at high volumes (and believe me the Samsung can get LOUD). I've been playing it for about 4 or 5 hours and everything is a lot better. It will probably improve even more after I leave it on all night.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. Good luck with your sound.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:36 PM

Eh... like you did mention, they sound pretty good.
In the end, I noticed how "muddy" (relatively) my Sony's were.

However... the isolation is not as good as I expected them to be, since it barely blocks things out when I'm in Best Buy. But, at least the cord-clothing sound isn't there for me because of the way I have it hang around my lanyard for my Cube.

The real reason why I wanted an IEM was for the isolation so... I might want to get something else like the Vibe that can isolate better. However, that might be hard since I definitely don't want to cough up tons of money.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:49 PM

Sorry guy's um.. What do you mean by "burn in" do you mean like leave them in your ear with music playing or what?

I just bought a pair of Creative EP-630's and do they require to "burn in" too.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 PM

Read this about burn-in: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...?t=5400&page=2

And, no - the EP-630's don't need to be burned in.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Thanks a lot. I was searching through the head-fi forums and I saw that link just before I got here and it was a great little tutorial and everything.

Okay, cool. No burn in

Old 12-27-2006, 09:09 AM

Ive been looking at these, but i am wondering if they are worth the cash over a pair of Ety ER6i?

cheers

-Mikael

Old 12-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Choose between EP630's and the V-Moda Bass Freq and tell me why

Sam

Old 12-27-2006, 11:07 AM

well, bad news.. i went thru airport security and when my zen went thru the xray machine... nothing happened.. good.. but my vibes got messed up.. the left bud isnt hitting the lows and its not hitting the highs and the mids are just... bearly there.. its not as loud as they were.. they just sound terrible... so do i need to send them in or do i just get new ones... my first post was when i got them.. so theyre not that old. still under warrenty.