android
  #1  
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Briankealing's Avatar
Briankealing Briankealing is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 173
Default WP7 UI Elements in ZHD?

So I was watching a Windows Phone 7 demo and the office hub looks rather similar to the Zune's main screen (A list of text/options/buttons). However, when you click on one, the transition is similar to the one where you press "Internet" on the Zune HD. All the text shuts like a door to the edge of the screen.

What's different though, is that the one you pressed on moves last, and the others flow before the one you pressed.

The example is here:

Go to the 1:00 mark.

I think it's considerably smoother and more elegant than the transition on the Zune HD (where all the text moves at the same time)

Also: At the beginning of the video where all the tiles are (like in quickplay) the transition is also similar to the one with the flowing text. That would be cool to see.

I wonder if we'll see this transition in the next release?
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Vartex's Avatar
Vartex Vartex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: La Mesa CA
Posts: 96
Default

Im pretty sure this is why everyone is(or was) saying the ZHD was just a test to see how users would like the WP7 design.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM
musicyes musicyes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
Default

Win Mobile7 uses the ZuneHD OS from what I can remember hearing

Quote:
The first surprise is in the base operating system. The past Windows Mobile operating system code base is about to become officially retired, relegated to some forgotten change management repository. In its place will be an entirely new mobile phone operating system built atop the existing OS on Microsoft's Zune MP3 players.

http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+Mob...ticle17684.htm

Last edited by musicyes; 06-26-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
medion's Avatar
medion medion is offline
Anythingbutiphone Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shreveport, La
Posts: 1,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicyes View Post
Win Mobile7 uses the ZuneHD OS from what I can remember hearing




http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+Mob...ticle17684.htm
Not too sure on that. While they are both based on WinCE, the Zune HD is using the core from Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 (including the same browser).

MS could be using the same version of WinCE for WP7, but even if they are, it will still ultimately end up being a different OS.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:56 AM
ubi79 ubi79 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 82
Default

If we got WP7 sliding in the next firmware update, as unlikely as that is, I would be one happy camper!

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Here-I-Come Here-I-Come is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Default

i really really like to see similar thing like that on ZHD!!
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM
weedalin's Avatar
weedalin weedalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my house
Posts: 652
Default

It would be very nice if the Zune team could refine/mature some of the UI from the initial formula by adding in some WP7 touches.

I'm absolutely sure that the Tegra would be able to do it.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 PM
lip lip is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
It would be very nice if the Zune team could refine/mature some of the UI from the initial formula by adding in some WP7 touches.

I'm absolutely sure that the Tegra would be able to do it.
I'd rather personally have them fix basic things like gapless breaking with DRM, wifi for the people who it doesn't work for(it's kind of buggy even with my normal environment)...

It would be great if MS could solve the problem with 1/2 the groups they recommend are not available on the zune marketplace (or perhaps just the last album a group released last year but you want one from 10 years ago...)...this really is making me reconsider the zune pass as more and more albums are disappearing it seems...
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
weedalin's Avatar
weedalin weedalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my house
Posts: 652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
I'd rather personally have them fix basic things like gapless breaking with DRM, wifi for the people who it doesn't work for(it's kind of buggy even with my normal environment)...

It would be great if MS could solve the problem with 1/2 the groups they recommend are not available on the zune marketplace (or perhaps just the last album a group released last year but you want one from 10 years ago...)...this really is making me reconsider the zune pass as more and more albums are disappearing it seems...
Well, you take what you can get. If UI tweaks are all we can get, it's better than nothing.

But of course I agree that the major problems should be fixed first. The Zune Team might not agree.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 PM
NSILMike NSILMike is offline
Sub-Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
Well, you take what you can get. If UI tweaks are all we can get, it's better than nothing.

But of course I agree that the major problems should be fixed first. The Zune Team might not agree.
i suspect that they would agree with doing major issues first...but then you have to get some agreement on what is major, vs. what is minor, and then you have to think about which upcoming features you can fit in, how much time you have, and so on. It gets complex fast. For instance, let's say you agree that you have two very big bugs to fix...but one is simple (a month to code, verify, test and release) and the other one looks like 3 or 4 months of work... You have a release window for August, but you don't get another one for 6 more months (the 'test' group is committed to do IE9 beginning late August...for instance.) What would you do?
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM
weedalin's Avatar
weedalin weedalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my house
Posts: 652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
i suspect that they would agree with doing major issues first...but then you have to get some agreement on what is major, vs. what is minor, and then you have to think about which upcoming features you can fit in, how much time you have, and so on. It gets complex fast. For instance, let's say you agree that you have two very big bugs to fix...but one is simple (a month to code, verify, test and release) and the other one looks like 3 or 4 months of work... You have a release window for August, but you don't get another one for 6 more months (the 'test' group is committed to do IE9 beginning late August...for instance.) What would you do?
Well, that goes without saying, but I was very vague in my original statement.
But yes, I meant that the Zune team might not agree with ABI members (who represent the small minority) on what is a 'major' problem and what is not.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.