android
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Default WP7 UI Elements in ZHD?

So I was watching a Windows Phone 7 demo and the office hub looks rather similar to the Zune's main screen (A list of text/options/buttons). However, when you click on one, the transition is similar to the one where you press "Internet" on the Zune HD. All the text shuts like a door to the edge of the screen.

What's different though, is that the one you pressed on moves last, and the others flow before the one you pressed.

The example is here:

Go to the 1:00 mark.

I think it's considerably smoother and more elegant than the transition on the Zune HD (where all the text moves at the same time)

Also: At the beginning of the video where all the tiles are (like in quickplay) the transition is also similar to the one with the flowing text. That would be cool to see.

I wonder if we'll see this transition in the next release?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Im pretty sure this is why everyone is(or was) saying the ZHD was just a test to see how users would like the WP7 design.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Win Mobile7 uses the ZuneHD OS from what I can remember hearing

Quote:
The first surprise is in the base operating system. The past Windows Mobile operating system code base is about to become officially retired, relegated to some forgotten change management repository. In its place will be an entirely new mobile phone operating system built atop the existing OS on Microsoft's Zune MP3 players.

http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+Mob...ticle17684.htm

Last edited by musicyes; 06-26-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicyes View Post
Win Mobile7 uses the ZuneHD OS from what I can remember hearing

http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+Mob...ticle17684.htm
Not too sure on that. While they are both based on WinCE, the Zune HD is using the core from Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 (including the same browser).

MS could be using the same version of WinCE for WP7, but even if they are, it will still ultimately end up being a different OS.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:56 AM

If we got WP7 sliding in the next firmware update, as unlikely as that is, I would be one happy camper!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:38 AM

i really really like to see similar thing like that on ZHD!!

Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 PM

It would be very nice if the Zune team could refine/mature some of the UI from the initial formula by adding in some WP7 touches.

I'm absolutely sure that the Tegra would be able to do it.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
It would be very nice if the Zune team could refine/mature some of the UI from the initial formula by adding in some WP7 touches.

I'm absolutely sure that the Tegra would be able to do it.
I'd rather personally have them fix basic things like gapless breaking with DRM, wifi for the people who it doesn't work for(it's kind of buggy even with my normal environment)...

It would be great if MS could solve the problem with 1/2 the groups they recommend are not available on the zune marketplace (or perhaps just the last album a group released last year but you want one from 10 years ago...)...this really is making me reconsider the zune pass as more and more albums are disappearing it seems...

Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
I'd rather personally have them fix basic things like gapless breaking with DRM, wifi for the people who it doesn't work for(it's kind of buggy even with my normal environment)...

It would be great if MS could solve the problem with 1/2 the groups they recommend are not available on the zune marketplace (or perhaps just the last album a group released last year but you want one from 10 years ago...)...this really is making me reconsider the zune pass as more and more albums are disappearing it seems...
Well, you take what you can get. If UI tweaks are all we can get, it's better than nothing.

But of course I agree that the major problems should be fixed first. The Zune Team might not agree.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
Well, you take what you can get. If UI tweaks are all we can get, it's better than nothing.

But of course I agree that the major problems should be fixed first. The Zune Team might not agree.
i suspect that they would agree with doing major issues first...but then you have to get some agreement on what is major, vs. what is minor, and then you have to think about which upcoming features you can fit in, how much time you have, and so on. It gets complex fast. For instance, let's say you agree that you have two very big bugs to fix...but one is simple (a month to code, verify, test and release) and the other one looks like 3 or 4 months of work... You have a release window for August, but you don't get another one for 6 more months (the 'test' group is committed to do IE9 beginning late August...for instance.) What would you do?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
i suspect that they would agree with doing major issues first...but then you have to get some agreement on what is major, vs. what is minor, and then you have to think about which upcoming features you can fit in, how much time you have, and so on. It gets complex fast. For instance, let's say you agree that you have two very big bugs to fix...but one is simple (a month to code, verify, test and release) and the other one looks like 3 or 4 months of work... You have a release window for August, but you don't get another one for 6 more months (the 'test' group is committed to do IE9 beginning late August...for instance.) What would you do?
Well, that goes without saying, but I was very vague in my original statement.
But yes, I meant that the Zune team might not agree with ABI members (who represent the small minority) on what is a 'major' problem and what is not.