android
Old 06-20-2010, 03:21 AM

Default No EQ setting for each file?

I know this is anythingbutipod, but my previous player was an ipod so it's difficult not to compare/contrast my J3 with my ipod. :-)

So the question is this: am I able to associate a separate EQ setting for each file? As a comparison, my ipod allows me to set a separate EQ preset setting for each song. Thus far, I haven't been able to do that with the J3. Whenever I change the EQ preset for one file on the J3, it'll stay with that EQ preset for every other file I play afterward until I change the EQ preset again. I can't seem to associate an EQ preset to an individual file. If I can't somehow associate a unique EQ preset to each song, I'll be very disappointed. In my view, how can a player/brand that's touted for having the BEST SQ not have the ability to tag each song with a different EQ preset? I hope it's just me missing some hidden menu. For me, there's no way that one EQ preset can be used for all the different songs in my collection.

Last edited by NeedBalanceCtrl; 06-28-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Edited overall tone of post to be less critical of Cowon.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Two schools of thought, simply. You'll notice several of the BBE presets in the J3 are for headphones. Many people prefer leaving all EQ settings "normal" or at most making one selection to optimize output for a particular headphone. It allows that the music is the best it can be, and "we" shouldn't need to change EQ settings for each song.

Or you could choose the Samsung P3 or M1. Both have an AUTO DNSe settings that associates tagged Genre with a preset.

If you prefer it the way your iPod could do it, then stick with iPods.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:19 AM

No you can not do that with the j3, it has a real 5 band EQ w/EQ filter plus 39 presets and BBE+, BBE, Mach3Bass, 3D Surround, MP Enhance, Stereo Enhance & Reverb. AFAIK ipod does not have a real EQ, it has 22 presets and you do have the ability to assign a preset to a song when you encode (rip) a song using iTunes, thus allowing you to use the same preset when played on ipod. If you don’t do that, so it’s tagged, then this gimmick does not work.

Personally I prefer the freedom to use any encoder I wish and the openness of a player like cowon any day of the week, but we’re all different and if you like presets and itunes enjoy …

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Or you could choose the Samsung P3 or M1. Both have an AUTO DNSe settings that associates tagged Genre with a preset.

If you prefer it the way your iPod could do it, then stick with iPods.
Olley, I'm sure you've read enough of my posts regarding my need for balance control/PAN and that is why I purchased a Cowon. Neither Apple nor Samsung offer balance control.

But let's call a spade a spade. Cowon may have good sound quality, but this lack of ability to associate specific EQ settings/presets for individual songs is a serious deficiency. We can tout the greatness of Cowon when deserved, but we should equally Criticize Cowon when deserved. And on this matter, Cowon deserves serious criticism. iTunes does offer this ability for the iPods.

When I listen to trance, classical, new age, watch a documentary or heart pounding blockbuster movie, they each require different EQ settings or at least preset filters. That would be the power of Cowon's SQ. But Cowon severely limits their own greatness by requiring that I manually change presets each time a different song is played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
No you can not do that with the j3, it has a real 5 band EQ w/EQ filter plus 39 presets and BBE+, BBE, Mach3Bass, 3D Surround, MP Enhance, Stereo Enhance & Reverb. AFAIK ipod does not have a real EQ, it has 22 presets and you do have the ability to assign a preset to a song when you encode (rip) a song using iTunes, thus allowing you to use the same preset when played on ipod. If you don’t do that, so it’s tagged, then this gimmick does not work.

Personally I prefer the freedom to use any encoder I wish and the openness of a player like cowon any day of the week, but we’re all different and if you like presets and itunes enjoy …
I would agree that you need itunes to set the presets--i.e. you can't set individual presets on the ipod itself, it must be done in iTunes--but you don't need to encode/rip the song using itunes. You can encode using any encoder and then once the file is imported into itunes, you can set an associated preset with the file. Again, I acknowledge that you can't set presets for individual songs on the ipod itself but you can do it in itunes. And you can do batches at a time. You can select 100 trance songs and set them all to TRANCE preset in one go. You need not individually tag them--that would take forever.

I admit there are limitations to ipods/itunes. They are not perfect. But not being perfect equally applies to Cowons. I'm not a fanboy of either brands. They deserve praise when they do things right and they deserve criticism when they do things poorly. In my opinion, Cowon faltered big time in this regards. Apple faltered big time when they continuously neglect to include balance control/PAN in their players.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Looks like you'll need to design your own PMP to meet your demands, NBC. Describing this issue as a "serious deficiency" is quite a reach. If it is serious then run, don't walk, back to Apple. Franky, I'd take the need for left/right balance control out of the player and invest (much less) in tweaking your favorite headphones to match your hearing capability. Someone probably makes a little amp or simple adapter that allows pan adjustment. Cook one up yourself, maybe.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

FWIW, the EQ settings assigned to specific music files in iTunes does NOT get transferred over to the player (classic, nano, touch). The settings are only good on the comp, that's all.

If you have further questions about the answer I've given you, check head-fi (search the forums) as this has been covered there numerous times.

Happy hunting, and don't forget to check iLounge as well,..............

Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
FWIW, the EQ settings assigned to specific music files in iTunes does NOT get transferred over to the player (classic, nano, touch). The settings are only good on the comp, that's all.

If you have further questions about the answer I've given you, check head-fi (search the forums) as this has been covered there numerous times.

Happy hunting, and don't forget to check iLounge as well,..............
DarkSide, whatever you've been told or read from other sources, they're flat out wrong. From my own experiences and this support page directly from Apple http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2618 it clearly is the case that through itunes, one can associate a preset EQ setting for each individual song and that EQ setting for each individual song is tagged and the ipod recognizes each EQ setting for each song. It is NOT true that the setting is only good on the comp through itunes. So long as a file has been associated/tagged with a EQ setting through itune, even if it wasn't ripped/encoded with itunes, it will have an EQ setting associated with the song and will play with that EQ setting on the ipod. I've personally done it and I know for a fact it's behaves this way.

Olley, I don't understand the need to be blindly faithful to Cowon or any brand. Just as Apple doesn't provide all my requirements in a player, Cowon certainly does not provide it all either. I have complaints and praises for Apple, and I have praises and complaints for Cowon. After purchasing a J3, I certainly have the right to constructively criticize where I believe it is lacking. It's not as if I didn't purchase a Cowon and was just blindingly complaining or criticizing Cowons just to criticize. I have one and these are my legitimate complaints of my Cowon.

How can one claim Cowon players to have the best--or one of the best--SQ when they can't even associate different EQ setting for each song? You guys want to seriously claim that one EQ setting is adequate for all the songs in my collection? That's completely ridiculous--only a diehard fanboy would make such an incredulous claim.

Cowon has a great OLED screen. The J3 has very good battery life. Cowon has very good sound quality. Cowon has gapless playback--a coveted feature touted by many but useless for my needs. But most importantly for my needs, it has balance control. These are Cowon's pros.

But Cowon has deficiencies as well. Be objective enough to acknowledge the deficiencies. The inability to associate a specific EQ setting to each individual song is one such major deficiency. The inability to create multiple playlists on the fly is another glaring weakness. Instead of blindly defending Cowon, let's admit these deficiencies so Cowon can improve and get better.

I'm not against Cowon. I hope they continuously improve their products. Equally, I'm not against Apple. I hope Apple improves and one day supports balance control.

I hope the J3 will one day have new firmware which supports associating a unique EQ presets for each individual file. If you don't need such a feature, fine, don't use it. But I hope it's offered and I would definitely use such a feature.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need Balance Control View Post
You guys want to seriously claim that one EQ setting is adequate for all the songs in my collection? That's completely ridiculous--only a diehard fanboy would make such an incredulous claim.
I don't have a Cowon or Apple player.....so I am not a fanboy of either brand, and I have no intentions of buying either one, either.

However, I do not believe in different EQ settings for different songs. Different headphones or speakers, of course....but for different songs is ludicrous, IMO. Now, a different setting for watching a movie, as opposed to listening to an album, sure, I can see that. But really, say you have 10,000 songs....are you going to listen to every one of them and save an EQ preset for it? That's just silly.

Spend an evening or two with the music you know the best, perhaps a few songs from each genre you like, and experiment with your EQ(and/or different headphones) and you should be able to find a setting that is close to,or even "just right", both for your ears' frequency response and that of your headphones.

A tweak here and there, say, if you have a head cold? Sure. Saved settings for different headphones? Absolutely.....I do that.

If you can't find a setting that works for just about everything, then maybe you're focusing too much on your EQ and not enough on the music itself.

A different setting for movies, I'll grant you....but individual songs, perhaps a little obsessive?

Old 06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
DarkSide, whatever you've been told or read from other sources, they're flat out wrong. From my own experiences and this support page directly from Apple http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2618 it clearly is the case that through itunes, one can associate a preset EQ setting for each individual song and that EQ setting for each individual song is tagged and the ipod recognizes each EQ setting for each song. It is NOT true that the setting is only good on the comp through itunes. So long as a file has been associated/tagged with a EQ setting through itune, even if it wasn't ripped/encoded with itunes, it will have an EQ setting associated with the song and will play with that EQ setting on the ipod. I've personally done it and I know for a fact it's behaves this way.

Olley, I don't understand the need to be blindly faithful to Cowon or any brand. Just as Apple doesn't provide all my requirements in a player, Cowon certainly does not provide it all either. I have complaints and praises for Apple, and I have praises and complaints for Cowon. After purchasing a J3, I certainly have the right to constructively criticize where I believe it is lacking. It's not as if I didn't purchase a Cowon and was just blindingly complaining or criticizing Cowons just to criticize. I have one and these are my legitimate complaints of my Cowon.

How can one claim Cowon players to have the best--or one of the best--SQ when they can't even associate different EQ setting for each song? You guys want to seriously claim that one EQ setting is adequate for all the songs in my collection? That's completely ridiculous--only a diehard fanboy would make such an incredulous claim.

Cowon has a great OLED screen. The J3 has very good battery life. Cowon has very good sound quality. Cowon has gapless playback--a coveted feature touted by many but useless for my needs. But most importantly for my needs, it has balance control. These are Cowon's pros.

But Cowon has deficiencies as well. Be objective enough to acknowledge the deficiencies. The inability to associate a specific EQ setting to each individual song is one such major deficiency. The inability to create multiple playlists on the fly is another glaring weakness. Instead of blindly defending Cowon, let's admit these deficiencies so Cowon can improve and get better.

I'm not against Cowon. I hope they continuously improve their products. Equally, I'm not against Apple. I hope Apple improves and one day supports balance control.

I hope the J3 will one day have new firmware which supports associating a unique EQ presets for each individual file. If you don't need such a feature, fine, don't use it. But I hope it's offered and I would definitely use such a feature.
EQ - (other)
  • Songs without an equalizer preset assigned to them in iTunes play using the EQ setting selected on iPod.
  • Songs that have been assigned an equalizer preset in iTunes play with that setting, not the one selected on iPod. You can temporarily play a song using one of iPod's other EQ settings as follows:
    1. Play the song on iPod.
    2. While the song is playing, press the Menu button until you have navigated to the main screen.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Select EQ.
    5. Select a particular EQ setting you want to try.
    The song will play to the end with the new EQ setting. The next time the song is played, it will play with the EQ setting assigned to it in iTunes.
Notes

1. iPod does not use custom equalizer settings made in iTunes.
  2. You can't create custom equalizer settings on iPod, or transfer custom settings to iPod.
  3. Turn EQ off if you don’t use it. Equalizer is a feature that uses your iPod battery more quickly. If you don’t use EQ, your iPod will play tunes longer. Adding EQs to playback uses more of your iPod processor, since they aren’t encoded in the song. If, however, you’ve added EQ to tracks in iTunes, you’ll need to set EQ to “flat�? in order to have the effect of “off,�? because iPod keeps your iTunes settings intact.
So you refer to the shitttty presets??? Oh, my bad, I didn't realize you were referring to that crap.. I actually meant about using custom settings, not the presets (which we all know distort immensely).

BTW, I own quite a few different players, so I have no bias. I just feel tagging a preset EQ setting to a track is not what most of us are about, but to each their own.

And, I'll get the Cowon J3 myself - when replaygain is instituted. Until then, it's Sony for SQ, and Apple for my other enjoyments.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
So you refer to the shitttty presets??? Oh, my bad, I didn't realize you were referring to that crap.. I actually meant about using custom settings, not the presets (which we all know distort immensely).

BTW, I own quite a few different players, so I have no bias. I just feel tagging a preset EQ setting to a track is not what most of us are about, but to each their own.

And, I'll get the Cowon J3 myself - when replaygain is instituted. Until then, it's Sony for SQ, and Apple for my other enjoyments.
With the J3, I can't even associate any "shittty presets" for songs. While I agree with you that it would be better if Apple/iTunes would allow you to associate truly custom EQ settings, it's ability to associate "presets" with each individual song is certainly better than the J3 where there's no ability to associate even "presets" to each song. Apple can improve iTunes/iPod. Cowon can certainly improve as well.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

As someone else has mentioned, and most of us all seem to do, I also choose the EQ setting based SOLELY on the headphones I'm using ATM. Assigning an EQ setting would make it more difficult to enjoy that particular HP/IEM I'm partial to that day, if all the files are securely EQ'd a certain way.

Really, then you'd have to go and assign a totally different EQ setting for EACH additional file - makes little sense. It's unrealistic IMO, even if someone decides to do it w/an iPod.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
As someone else has mentioned, and most of us all seem to do, I also choose the EQ setting based SOLELY on the headphones I'm using ATM. Assigning an EQ setting would make it more difficult to enjoy that particular HP/IEM I'm partial to that day, if all the files are securely EQ'd a certain way.

Really, then you'd have to go and assign a totally different EQ setting for EACH additional file - makes little sense. It's unrealistic IMO, even if someone decides to do it w/an iPod.
Honestly, I didn't do it with my iPod because the presets on the iPod did NOT make that big of a difference, but I can definitely hear the difference between, for example, "Normal," "Hip Hop," and "Classic" on the J3. The EQ presets on the J3 are awesome when compared to the iPod but the fact that I have to manually change the preset completely kills the appreciation of the SQ.

Others may not care, but for me, going from a quiet New Age piece to a beaty Trance tune requires completely different EQ presets on the J3--that is if one wants to truly appreciate the SQ or sound ability of the J3. One can of course just leave everything in Normal but then everything sound so flat as compared to a custom setting for each song.

I'm still taking the position that Cowon should definitely have included the abililty to tag/associate each song with a different EQ preset (or even custom EQ setting). None of you need necessarily take advantage of such a feature if you don't want to, after all you could continue to listen to your music without tagging any EQ presets, but for me, it would definitely showcase the truly superior SQ of the J3.

Don't get me wrong. I am actually enjoying the J3 quite a bit. But there are areas for improvement, such as allowing us the ability to move files up or down in the Favorites list so that we can reorder the sequence in which the songs are played. This is a minor detail, but it's always these little details which make any product truly superior.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Man, all I want is Cowon to introduce replaygain into the J3's music playback settings - then I'm getting 1 myself. Until then I guess I'll just have to wait it out.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey NBC: Have read this thread with some interest. While I do see your POV and of course respect how you feel on the matter, I too feel that the level of EQ control you seek is indeed a bit too granular and not possible AFAIK, at least not on the current playing field of portable DAPs.

I can appreciate what you mean re: different genres of music needing different EQ settings. But this is also applicable by logical extension to different songs by the same artist on the same album isn't it? For me, the kind of control you seek would be too intrusive, forcing me to think overmuch about tweaking the music rather than simply enjoying it.

I don't EQ a lot, but like most here, I have learned of the joys that can be had by EQing my DAPs to match certain headphones - this has been an excellent experience for me. But for me, this is indeed sufficient.

I do wonder if this kind of song level EQ control would be somehow possible with ID3 metatag information saved to each audio file, similar to how I understand ReplayGain/MP3Gain works?

Anyway, all respect to your preferences! :-)

cheers!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Hey NBC: Have read this thread with some interest. While I do see your POV and of course respect how you feel on the matter, I too feel that the level of EQ control you seek is indeed a bit too granular and not possible AFAIK, at least not on the current playing field of portable DAPs.

I can appreciate what you mean re: different genres of music needing different EQ settings. But this is also applicable by logical extension to different songs by the same artist on the same album isn't it? For me, the kind of control you seek would be too intrusive, forcing me to think overmuch about tweaking the music rather than simply enjoying it.

I don't EQ a lot, but like most here, I have learned of the joys that can be had by EQing my DAPs to match certain headphones - this has been an excellent experience for me. But for me, this is indeed sufficient.

I do wonder if this kind of song level EQ control would be somehow possible with ID3 metatag information saved to each audio file, similar to how I understand ReplayGain/MP3Gain works?

Anyway, all respect to your preferences! :-)

cheers!
-lestatar
I hear what you're saying. And honestly, on the iPod I didn't set the EQ presets much at all as its EQ presets didn't change the sound much. But I give credit where it's due and the J3 does a very good job of dramatically changing the sound when you change its presets. It's remarkable how good a song can sound on the J3 if you set it to a specific preset that works well for that individual song. I personally find many of the songs require different presets to sound their best. And you're quite right, taken to its logical conclusion, songs on the same cd by the same artist could very well be set to different EQ presets under my ideal world. :-) You absolutely need not do this if that is your preference. I'm not advocating that everyone do this. I simply wish Cowon would add this optional feature so that I could control the sound to my liking.

My complaint is really a testament to the SQ of the J3 (or Cowon's in general). If the J3 EQ presets didn't sound very good--such as the case for iPods--then I wouldn't care about associating its presets either, but on the J3, the presets actually make a dramatic difference and I really want to be able to associate a different preset for each song.

And I strongly believe the EQ preset metadata could be embedded in the ID3 metatag. I don't even think it would take much work at all to implement this feature on the J3. Everything is already there. I can manually change the EQ preset for each song while I'm listening to it, so it wouldn't require much for the J3 to automatically change to the preset associated for each song that is stored on the ID3 metadata.

Best of all, and to repeat a bit, if you don't want to associate a preset to each song, you absolutely would not have to. If Cowon implemented such a feature, it would be purely optional. If no EQ preset tags, your songs would play using the current EQ preset--or Normal if you use no presets--on the player. I think it's a win/win for all. You don't have to use it and I would use it. :-)

I appreciate your comments lestatar and I do understand your point of view. My preferences are perhaps a bit more particular, exacting and demanding than some others.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 AM

In reading over my posts, even I admit I sound like an anal-retentive, obsessed, control freak bitching too much. For that I apologize. But it's only because I actually like the J3 quite a bit and care a great deal about its improvement. If I didn't give a crap about the player and thought it was a piece of crap, I'd just say it was a piece of crap and move on. I'm obsessing over it's lack of certain features because I care... I truly, deeply care.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 AM

I can’t see enough general interest in a feature like this, thus IMHO this feature would be a waste of time and money for cowon, which wouldn’t gain them any additional market share. Furthermore I’d be willing to bet that very few ipod owners even know about or use this feature and with or without this feature it would not affect their market share either. Although this does bring up a question that I test on every ipod owner which I come into contact with. I ask them “why did you select an ipod for your portable music player?” I have heard many different responses from the ridiculous to some actual logical answers, but I have yet to ever hear for any one specific feature.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I can’t see enough general interest in a feature like this, thus IMHO this feature would be a waste of time and money for cowon, which wouldn’t gain them any additional market share. Furthermore I’d be willing to bet that very few ipod owners even know about or use this feature and with or without this feature it would not affect their market share either. Although this does bring up a question that I test on every ipod owner which I come into contact with. I ask them “why did you select an ipod for your portable music player?” I have heard many different responses from the ridiculous to some actual logical answers, but I have yet to ever hear for any one specific feature.
We all have our opinions and analyses, but I tend to disagree with the bold statement. Apple spends a lot of money on R&D and they don't implement features willy nilly--hell, many hearing impaired people have been asking Apple to implement balance control for years to no effect. Apple built this feature into both the hardware (ipods) and the software (itunes). I'm sure they spent a significant amount of time doing this.

Anyway, my gripe about Cowon not offering this feature will most likely not be allayed by posts coming to the defense of Cowon. Cowon could have easily left out balance control/PAN as one of its features as well--like so many other mp3 manufacturers have done--but Cowon was at least kind and smart enough to build this much needed feature into all their players.

I accept that Cowon has prerogative to build its players how it wants. As a customer, I also have a right to gripe when its players are missing features I want. I gripe big time about Apple not offering balance control. They both may not take my gripes seriously, but I nevertheless have them.

Still, this missing feature really stands out big time for me as each time I play a song, I'm adjusting different EQ presets on the J3. As I said in an earlier post, if it wasn't for the fact that Cowon did such a good job with its EQ presets SQ, I wouldn't care, as in Apple's case. But I can clearly hear a huge difference with the Cowon presets, so I really do change presets all the time. It's a love/hate relationship. I love the SQ of the J3's EQ presets, but I hate not having the ability to associate a specific EQ preset for each song.

Yes, it's my personal gripe. Yes, I understand Cowon is allowed to support features it wants. But hey, at least I purchased a J3. The Darkside didn't even purchase the J3 because it's missing a feature he really wants: Replay Gain.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, it's my personal gripe. Yes, I understand Cowon is allowed to support features it wants. But hey, at least I purchased a J3. The Darkside didn't even purchase the J3 because it's missing a feature he really wants: Replay Gain.
He's owned a D2 and two S9's in the past, so I'd say he doesn't owe Cowon anything...lol.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
We all have our opinions and analyses, but I tend to disagree with the bold statement. Apple spends a lot of money on R&D and they don't implement features willy nilly--hell, many hearing impaired people have been asking Apple to implement balance control for years to no effect. Apple built this feature into both the hardware (ipods) and the software (itunes). I'm sure they spent a significant amount of time doing this.

Anyway, my gripe about Cowon not offering this feature will most likely not be allayed by posts coming to the defense of Cowon. Cowon could have easily left out balance control/PAN as one of its features as well--like so many other mp3 manufacturers have done--but Cowon was at least kind and smart enough to build this much needed feature into all their players.

I accept that Cowon has prerogative to build its players how it wants. As a customer, I also have a right to gripe when its players are missing features I want. I gripe big time about Apple not offering balance control. They both may not take my gripes seriously, but I nevertheless have them.

Still, this missing feature really stands out big time for me as each time I play a song, I'm adjusting different EQ presets on the J3. As I said in an earlier post, if it wasn't for the fact that Cowon did such a good job with its EQ presets SQ, I wouldn't care, as in Apple's case. But I can clearly hear a huge difference with the Cowon presets, so I really do change presets all the time. It's a love/hate relationship. I love the SQ of the J3's EQ presets, but I hate not having the ability to associate a specific EQ preset for each song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
He's owned a D2 and two S9's in the past, so I'd say he doesn't owe Cowon anything...lol.
I have owned a few Cowon players: 2 D2's and an S9, and I'll probably get a J3 in the short run.

There is 1 thing I won't do, even while I await the implementation of replaygain on the Cowon dap's (since they listen and tend to make us very happy in the long run), I won't make annoying threads based on my crying about a feature that 99% of the entire population of ABI - let alone the WORLD - uses.

Replaygain, it's in most players now & a large number of people use it,....................EQ settings set to 1 particular file,...............damn, you really must be lonely in your requests.

Enjoy the J3 - while I pick form my assortment of players for the day.

And, will I use the HFI-780's, or just op for the Sony's maybe my Pioneer's,.................?

Or, my new Audio-Technica ATH-Pro700's - WooT do they sound good!!!!

Last edited by The DarkSide; 06-28-2010 at 12:48 PM.