android
Old 06-17-2010, 10:44 PM

see the problem with that is all the pics show the Zune displaying the exact same thing witch means its probably not real

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 PM

My septic side says:
- The font looks inconsistent with the rest of the Zune UI
- None of the pictures show fingers on the screen
- The guy who posted this has no good explanation as to where he got it: It's a German blog his friend sent him that had the app, but he can't give the URL because it was shut down= rather lame
- Recomended.

My optimistic sides says:

- The layout is consistent with FB and Twitter
- The videos all exist (I checked)
- IT'S AWESOME!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
see the problem with that is all the pics show the Zune displaying the exact same thing witch means its probably not real
Though I share some of your scepticism, I must point out that the original picture is different. Why would he bother changing the screen for every shot?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:14 PM

I'm pretty sure all of them are a photoshop job, mine certainly is (steam mobile, what a joke, lol)

Old 06-17-2010, 11:17 PM

You shouldn't be able to see any finger prints no matter how dirty unless there is like moisture.
Also weird how it's kind of pitch black past his hand.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubi79 View Post
Though I share some of your scepticism, I must point out that the original picture is different. Why would he bother changing the screen for every shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartex View Post
You shouldn't be able to see any finger prints no matter how dirty unless there is like moisture.
Also weird how it's kind of pitch black past his hand.
ubi - i did notice that, but it would only require switching out the pictures and changing the text, however i also saw that on the original, a description is next to the thumbnails, whereas in the second it has info about the video such as length and who posted it

Vartex - im not sure what youre talking about when you say it's pitch black, and as for fingerprints, i dont see any, does anyone else?

now if anyone could find a video of this working, then i will believe it

Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 PM

I meant that the first picture is basically pitch black except for the hand holding it..
Also in the second one where he has it at the computer.
2nd pic looks like there is unnecessary blur on the top end and bottom end of the Zune.
I dont know what to think of any of this im giving up this thread until tommorow :P

Last edited by Vartex; 06-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 PM

An app of this type would require h264mpeg4 codec support. This means that a firmware update would have to be released and maybe then such an app could be developed. Someone photoshoped this using the twitter UI images on the marketplace as a layout and simply saved it as .jpg, uploaded it onto the ZuneHD and displayed it.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 AM

I think it's all overhyped bullshit

Old 06-18-2010, 01:00 AM

Here is the truth:

My pic is not photoshoped, it is simply a jpg being displayed on a zune hd, nothing more.

As I was trying to replicate the original picture from facebook, and let me tell you this, I been using photoshop professionally for over 10 years, the pic from the zune HD does look very legit, reason being:

1. Every icon/color/etc is very hands down same as zune hd's interface, meaning someone must've had lots of free time on their hand to sit there and capture/redraw/copy each icon/etc and place them.

2. The colors and details, if it was a fake, (like i said unless this person really wanted to go beyond borders) the colors and background look authentic, if it was a fake, he would've left the background of that app white, not textured.

3. The icons/symbols in that app are not randomly placed, if you look at each button, it seems function, such as Search, Bookmarks, etc.

Can it be fake, Yes, do I think it's fake, No, it really does look legit and lets hope it is because our zune's need a new fresh of breath air, or should i say a youtube app.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:26 AM

I don't know about the rest of you people, but MY fingers are crossed...

Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post
After my post on the zune forums, the author contacted me regarding a few things. i cant go into details, but what I can say is...well...just look at the attachment to this post
HOLY CR@P!!! Dude! If this is Halo Reach Mobile real, which I hope it is, it would boost the ZuneHD's popularity and sales a lot! I'm not even exaggerating.. Halo makes money whether you like it or not, and it'd make Apple users finally jealous of something - especially if this was exclusive. Please be real!

And yes! Youtube! Woot! 2 awesome things in one thread. I am so stoked. Please come out soon this summer If it's another fake then..

Old 06-18-2010, 04:41 AM

Unfortunately, no, the Halo Isnt real. The point of my halo post, and the posts after that is that anyone can throw together an interface and stick it on the zune. That doesnt mean it can do anything, or is anything besides a photoshop pic. That Halo pic took under 5 minutes to make: Downloaded free halo font, found the first wallpaper for halo in bing images, and throw it together.

For the record, I think halo - or any 3d FPS - would be horrid to play on a device with a) a small screen, and b) no physical buttons. If you have ever played the COD zombie thing for ipod you will know what I mean.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 AM

It could always be an RTS! Or a sidescroller. Something new, which Halo tries to do every now and then

Old 06-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguemat View Post

For the record, I think halo - or any 3d FPS - would be horrid to play on a device with a) a small screen, and b) no physical buttons. If you have ever played the COD zombie thing for ipod you will know what I mean.
Agreed....that game blows.

even NOVA i was unimpressed with....i think the only reason DOOM! works so well is that you dont really have to aim much.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Did people really believe that halo reach pic?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Gullible mother f***ers... Ahha

Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM

The point being is that anyone can throw together a fake application and display it on the screen.

I mean, Steam mobile is a joke.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 PM

Yeah but that YouTube one was very more complex...

Halo is just a picture, some words.. Bam 10mins max..

Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM

But he could have made a photoshop of the app, placed it on the screen, turned it upside down and replaced the arrow on the white strip with a Youtube Logo.