android
Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 PM

Default Fuze or Clip+?

Just One question : Fuze or Clip+,which one is the best?
Just One Criteria : Sound quality

PS - Sorry For Posting In The Wrong Place.Mods Kindly Remove it

Last edited by stonecaper; 06-10-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Sorry For Posting In The Wrong Place.Mods Kindly Remove it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

They're identical. The Fuze is a Clip+ with a different screen and a smaller shell/battery.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 AM

And the Clip+ has gapless playback. The Fuze doesn't (unless you use Rockbox).

Old 06-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock67ca View Post
And the Clip+ has gapless playback. The Fuze doesn't (unless you use Rockbox).
Playback in the OF on the Clip+ is not gapless. The Clip+ has almost, kinda like, sometimes, on most files, with a click in between "gapless".

Once you get used to true gapless everything else comes in a distant second. Sansas faux gapless wasn't worth the effort.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Fuze and Clip+ should sound indentical AFAIK....Both are RockBoxable, though for the moment, Clip+ seems a bit more "stable" re: RockBox builds...

Fuze default yields slight better battery life and also a bigger screen/video capability...

Both fine players.... :-)
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-11-2010, 05:46 AM

I will Not rockbox it Dont wanna brick it...Will go 4 a C+8GB
Last help Guys,Here in india its very dificult To get a SSC+,So can u tell me a Legit site which Ships to India As well as Accepts maestro Cards?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 AM

@stonecaper,

This guy, Pristinenote, sells Sansa Clip+ and Fuze via eBay India. His price is on the higher side (too high compared to US prices ). But, he will provide local warranty. A few I know in India (on forums) have bought Clip+ / Fuze from him. I have bought Maverick TubeMagic from him and he seemed like a reliable person over the phone.

Cheaper option would be to order it on Amazon and have somebody bring it in. Of course, no warranty in that case.

I have a Fuze V1, have rockboxed it and runs just fine. I do not want to Rockbox Clip+ until it becomes stable and fully functional though

Last edited by esanthosh; 06-11-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanthosh View Post
@stonecaper,

This guy, Pristinenote, sells Sansa Clip+ and Fuze via eBay India. His price is on the higher side (too high compared to US prices ). But, he will provide local warranty. A few I know in India (on forums) have bought Clip+ / Fuze from him. I have bought Maverick TubeMagic from him and he seemed like a reliable person over the phone.

Cheaper option would be to order it on Amazon and have somebody bring it in. Of course, no warranty in that case.

I have a Fuze V1, have rockboxed it and runs just fine. I do not want to Rockbox Clip+ until it becomes stable and fully functional though
His Price is very High,But no probs,my Sister will bring it in ,Only have to Wait 4 Mnths.It is a Wise decision to go for the 8 GB?

Lastly,Please Suggest a Decent Enough earphone for not More than $10 to go wth it.Sorry But I am On a Shoestring Budget...So...

Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 AM

You shouldnt be afraid of rockbox, especially since they are gonna release a stable version soon. I have tried a lot of RB builds since I got mine hada few hundred crashes playing with it but it never bricked

Old 06-12-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecaper View Post
His Price is very High,But no probs,my Sister will bring it in ,Only have to Wait 4 Mnths.It is a Wise decision to go for the 8 GB?

Lastly,Please Suggest a Decent Enough earphone for not More than $10 to go wth it.Sorry But I am On a Shoestring Budget...So...
Get these, they technically should be 40+ since they use the same drivers as more expensive phones, very good for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-Behind-He.../dp/B0006B486K

Old 06-12-2010, 09:38 AM

Thread title (original 'Fuze or C+') changed.

The KSC75 are a somewhat bad match with the Clip+. I'm not sure why and how, but it seems their high-ish impedance and low sensitivity could really use an amp - it's somewhere in a not-so-sweet spot of the Clip+'s capacities. They sure do sound noticeably better to my ears on some other players or when used on a Sansa with a dedicated headphone amp.

Also, they're no earphone, but clip-on headphones. Check our headphone forums for discussions about earphones/IEMs that might fit the bill.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Thread title (original 'Fuze or C+') changed.

The KSC75 are a somewhat bad match with the Clip+. I'm not sure why and how, but it seems their high-ish impedance and low sensitivity could really use an amp - it's somewhere in a not-so-sweet spot of the Clip+'s capacities. They sure do sound noticeably better to my ears on some other players or when used on a Sansa with a dedicated headphone amp.

Also, they're no earphone, but clip-on headphones. Check our headphone forums for discussions about earphones/IEMs that might fit the bill.
Agreed 100%. I only use my KSC75 now with my Sony players.....I leave the 5 EQ sliders on flat, but I do bump up the "Clear Bass" with them.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecaper View Post
As long as you have no problem shelling out the additional few $, 8 GB is always a wise decision

If you cannot wait and can take the "risk" of going for a refurb, you can get it delivered in India : http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Cl...-/310225157131. I've no issues with refurbs and if you ask me, getting a new one or a refurb from US carries the same kind of "risk". If the new one gets faulty within the warranty period, you still have to send it back to US. A few $ you save (by buying a refurb) can be used for getting a better earphone / headphone. Interact a bit with the seller, if you have to - sometimes works better than going blindly by ratings.

And I too agree - no KSC-75 with Clip+.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanthosh View Post
As long as you have no problem shelling out the additional few $, 8 GB is always a wise decision

If you cannot wait and can take the "risk" of going for a refurb, you can get it delivered in India : http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Cl...-/310225157131. I've no issues with refurbs and if you ask me, getting a new one or a refurb from US carries the same kind of "risk". If the new one gets faulty within the warranty period, you still have to send it back to US. A few $ you save (by buying a refurb) can be used for getting a better earphone / headphone. Interact a bit with the seller, if you have to - sometimes works better than going blindly by ratings.

And I too agree - no KSC-75 with Clip+.
Wow the KSC-75 are usually great budget phones....I never tried them on the clip+ though...probably cause I use my more expensive Audio Technica ES7's on my fuze which would be the same sound chip I suppose.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 AM

I have the V2 Clip and Fuze V2 and the two sound similar, but the Clip V2 has less 'haze' in the signal. Essentially the Clip hisses much less. Otherwise, I prefer the Fuze as Rockbox is easier to navigate with it, but it is a horridly designed beast - an awkward iPod at best.