android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 AM

Hey guys,

just an update on my problem.

I contacted Phonak and despite not having an invoice anymore they exchanged my product and I just received a new pair of Audéos today.

I'm very happy with the handling of support from Phonak but also wanted to thank you again for encouraging me to contact them before buying new ones

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:34 PM

@dfkt, whats your opinion on the the PFE 012 compared with the Hippo VB, im having a hard time deciding between the two.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 PM

By the way, does anyone know what exactly is the difference beteween the PFE 112 and the 11x?

Just asking because I of course got the PFE 112 as replacement (same as i had before), but just had the impression before that those aren't in production anymore.

Maybe dfkt can shed some light on this?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There is no technical difference between the 112 and 012 - same balanced armature driver, same housing (just a different color - all-black 012 look better, IMO), same cable.

The 012 come with barely any accessories, only 3 sizes silicon tips, and the green bass filters. Ditching the case, Comply tips, grey and black filters, and ear guides obviously cuts costs that much that they can sell the 012 for that lower price.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM

If the intention of your post was to answer my question you got me wrong somehow.

I've been referring to the difference (if there is any, except a name-change) between the 112 and the newer 11x.

Can anyone clear that up for me?

Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh, I indeed misread that. But what are 11x? Got a link? I never heard about them, and there is basically only one PFE model available - with all accessories, or only with the bass filters - with or without microphone. That's 4 variants, and then there's different colors, but they're all the same phones.

There is one upcoming new PFE model, but that is in prototype stage so far, nothing definitive yet.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loserfish View Post
If the intention of your post was to answer my question you got me wrong somehow.

I've been referring to the difference (if there is any, except a name-change) between the 112 and the newer 11x.

Can anyone clear that up for me?
I think it's referring to the pfe v0 and v1. The v0 was the original model, and suffered some build quality problems in that the cable would crack. The v1 purportedly corrected those flaws by improving the cable and adding extra strain reliefs at the y-split. I think that's what the new numbers designate.

But it could also designate the difference between the regular pfe and the version with a microphone. (both the old and new versions have a version with a microphone, so technically there are 4 different versions of the pfe out there). Fortunately, if buying new, I don't think you can even find the old v0 pfe anywhere now.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I see where the confusion comes from: http://www.audeoworld.com/en/GB/Products/AudeoPFE.htm

01x = 012 (and whatever sub-numbering they do for colors and with/without mic)
11x = 112 (and whatever sub-numbering they do for colors and with/without mic)

They are the same phones as always, just a confusing website.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:01 AM

Hey guys,

sry for getting back on this topic so late, but I've been on holidays and somewhat cut off from the web then.

Anyways, thx for clearing this up again! The number-sheme one the website is exactly what got me confused dfkt.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:23 PM

Hi,

I'm looking at the PFE PB to replace my broken RE0. But at what rate the filters needs changing? Are we talking weeks, months or maybe once a year?

Old 10-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2003 View Post
Hi,

I'm looking at the PFE PB to replace my broken RE0. But at what rate the filters needs changing? Are we talking weeks, months or maybe once a year?
Gosh this brings back old memories this is extactly the first question I asked. These are not those type of filters more like these form the type of sound you want. For instance if you wanted a neutral balanced sound you would go for the greys. If you wanted a sound with a little more bass emphasis you would go with the blacks As for how long the filters last ive had them for ever sence they came out...so 2 years i guess...

Edit: typing on dum phone will edit later.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:30 AM

Thanks, that's good to hear. I'd ask because I read in a couple of reviews that they maybe needed change after a while but there was no update or post I've read that told anything on filter replacement. (except for changing the sound)

I never replaced my RE0 filters, never became dirty. So I was already hoping that the experience with the PFE was the same.

EDIT:
Do you still use the stock flanges?
There is a topic running on head-fi for alternative flanges, but it seems that the PFE has a nozzle size which doesn't match with other brands. Thus far they came up with:
- Comply T-130
- Shure Olives
- Sony hybrids (clone edition) -> I got some from lelong auction (ebay)
- Etymotic ER6i-18 Tripple flange

Although I like foamies I don´t like the price of them. Already expirimenting with home-made foamies, just need to get the right glue so my plastic cores will stick to the foamies.

Last edited by maniac2003; 10-31-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 AM

Howdy Folks

First post and I'm already asking for advice !

I am just getting my head around my new Cowon J3 and have reached the replace stock Cowon IEM point , having studied the very usefull IEM-Comparison , as well as absorbing as much info as I can from various posts I still find myself mulling between the Phonak's and the HJE-900 as the Comparison would seem to have them pretty close on sonics with a couple of other points either way .

I would be most grateful for any further thoughts that might help my befuddled mind on this dilemma .

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM

Apologies Folks ~ I forgot to cover the slight sibilance issue some have commented upon re the Panasonic's , I read that this can be dealt with however I was wondering whether the Phonak's are free of this slight concern out of the box ?

Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 PM

My early birthday present has arrived
It seems a good choice, so far I really like them. The fit is good and the sound also.
They have a better soundstage than the RE0 for me. Overall a more complete package.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2003 View Post
My early birthday present has arrived
It seems a good choice, so far I really like them. The fit is good and the sound also.
They have a better soundstage than the RE0 for me. Overall a more complete package.
I ordered a Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass Earphone also for my birthday (October 16th) and I'm extremely pleased.

It sounds so pure & crystal clear i'm amazed.