android
Old 06-04-2010, 01:11 PM

Default R0 a good Sansa Fuze replacement?

I really like the R0, at least as far as online demonstrations go. Is it a worthy Fuze replacement though? Sound quality? The battery life I get on the Fuze isn't so great compared to other mp3 players I have owned. I have become used to charging it every night. But the 16gb R0 with an added 16gb microsd card would give me 32gb on what looks like a much better audio and video player. Lebellium, you listen to the same stuff I do. I do mostly death metal--At The Gates and mostly all sorts of Scandinavian melodic death (you are the one who listens to Bodom right? You always have them when you do reviews, if that's not you, my apologies), so is the R0 a good player for metal, from one metalhead to another?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Samsung Moderator

Well, theorically it is a good replacement.
BUT if you check the discussions here, you'll notice there are many firmwares problems. Over my 5 year-experience with Samsung DAPs it's the first time I have such a bugged mp3 player! In every firmware there are (new) bugs. Even in the new one 1.22 that fixes a huge library update bug.
The R&D team seems to be incapable to develop a fully stable firmware. That's a great pity as the R0 has a very high-potential!
Battery life is average, it really depends on how you use it. DNSe effects consume much energy for example.
Sound quality is very good for my ears, I don't like pre-defined DNSe (rock, dance, classic, pop etc...) much but I like the user EQ and the sound effects ("clarity" for instance) are quite efficient.
Yes, I listen to metal music: rammstein, cob, arch enemy and all this kind of stuff)

Old 06-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Arch Enemy, very nice! I'm thinking maybe I should try out a used or refurbished P3 instead, have always wanted to try one but never did. I like how customizable these Samsung players are, like the J3 I have also. Sadly, one of these things is never enough.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Samsung Moderator

Yeah get a P3! The interface now looks like a bit old in some menus, but at least the firmware is stable
The P3 has nothing to prove anymore!