android
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM

Default Help with recovery mode!

I was syncing the channels on my ZuneHD over wifi at home and I must have gotten disconnected. Anyway, since then I haven't been able to use the browser with wifi. It did work when connected to my PC. It also stopped syncing. Zune software would see the Zune and recognize it by name, but it would just show the last sync from 2 days ago. If I added any media to the software it would not update.

To make a short story long, the issue I am having now is that I think I am stuck in recovery mode. I searched the forums for problems with syncing and it was suggested to go into recovery mode, so I did and I have been stuck on step 3 of 4 for about 30 minutes or so. How long should recovery mode take?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 PM

You do have your zune connected to your computer, with zune running, right?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:01 PM

it takes a while. for whatever reason mine gets stuck on 3 of 4...i unplug it, reboot into recovery and load the FW again and it seems to work faster. not sure what is happening, but i dont do it enough to really bother finding out the reason. i would say if nothing happens after 45 minutes total, i would try my method.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:03 PM

Yea I have my ZuneHd in recovery mode, then plugged in with Zune software running and gets stuck at step 3. I ended up disconnecting I am going to give it another try, and if that doesn't work I guess I will have to to full re-installation.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:48 PM

I did get everything working, I had to fully re-initialize everything. It doesn't really matter that much anyway, since I haven't been playing with my zune due to the fact that my Archos 5 Internet Tablet has gotten a new firmware with opengl support. Looking forward to new Zune games to compete with all of the goodness that my archos just got.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:42 PM

Looks like you experience the same problem as me. I posted on this board a while ago about my zune not being able to sync anything - then later on the internet didn't work, etc. I found no solution to this even with reinstalling the firmware so the only thing I could do was wipe the device. Lucky for you, you barely had anything on it. I had all 32gb filled

Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Wait that is scary how do you know how much I had on it?