Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Default Zune HD and Invisible Shields

My ZuneHD 64gb is shipping today, even though the website still has no record of my order. Fancy that. Nonetheless, should be here middle of next week.

Anyway, this is an upgrade to my 32 gb, which is near full. Now, that said, I don't care for the rather slim choices in hard cases for the Zune HD, and am really not a fan of silicone/rubbery cases. I have a hard, clear plastic case by Skque right now, and while I could continue to use it, it is a bit of a pain taking if off everytime I want to put the Zune in a dock. Incipio showed off the Slider cases made out of polycarbonate, but seemingly only in bright colors, and they are NEVER in stock unless you want bright pink.

So, I broke down and ordered the Zagg invisibleShield for my Zune. I tried one of these once in the past for a cell phone, with mostly disastrous results. Namely, what a pain to apply the sucker! I could never get it on the phone properly and get it to sit nicely, etc. But, my new Zune is a Zune Originals, in a nice color, with some engraving on the back, and this seemed an ideal way to protect my new toy while having my customization options still visible.

After all that lengthy explanation, my questions: Do any of you use invisibleShields? If so, do you have tips on how to install them? Does anyone know of any other clear, polycarbonate type cases besides the Skque?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]