android
Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Default Zune HD and Invisible Shields

My ZuneHD 64gb is shipping today, even though the website still has no record of my order. Fancy that. Nonetheless, should be here middle of next week.

Anyway, this is an upgrade to my 32 gb, which is near full. Now, that said, I don't care for the rather slim choices in hard cases for the Zune HD, and am really not a fan of silicone/rubbery cases. I have a hard, clear plastic case by Skque right now, and while I could continue to use it, it is a bit of a pain taking if off everytime I want to put the Zune in a dock. Incipio showed off the Slider cases made out of polycarbonate, but seemingly only in bright colors, and they are NEVER in stock unless you want bright pink.

So, I broke down and ordered the Zagg invisibleShield for my Zune. I tried one of these once in the past for a cell phone, with mostly disastrous results. Namely, what a pain to apply the sucker! I could never get it on the phone properly and get it to sit nicely, etc. But, my new Zune is a Zune Originals, in a nice color, with some engraving on the back, and this seemed an ideal way to protect my new toy while having my customization options still visible.

After all that lengthy explanation, my questions: Do any of you use invisibleShields? If so, do you have tips on how to install them? Does anyone know of any other clear, polycarbonate type cases besides the Skque?

Thanks,

K.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM

Ahh I never used the InviS but I'm using Bodyguardz which are freakin awesome (plus replacements are free + shipping - can't beat that). I assume application is similar?

Incipio looks like a great brand. I recently started researching good cases and Incipio was my top choice. After looking through all their products, the best item seemed to be the NGP which is supposed to be superior to silicone, having a more plastic than rubbery texture and supposedly stronger. So we'll see how that goes once I get it. On youtube, one of the reviewers told me the EDGE case is just fancy plastic - in his opinion. However I do believe him so I'm getting the NGP which he recommends.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Buddy

Binkman - email me your postal address (I'm at aussie@zune.net) and I'll ship you a spare invisible shield I have here on my desk. It is from my Incipio case - love the case, but don't care for the shield.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
Binkman - email me your postal address (I'm at aussie@zune.net) and I'll ship you a spare invisible shield I have here on my desk. It is from my Incipio case - love the case, but don't care for the shield.

Cheers, Dave.
which incipo do you have i have the feather and i love it

Old 05-25-2010, 08:09 PM

thygriever:

Yes, I just looked up Bodyguardz and they look very much to be the same as invisibleShield. Or, I suppose, they are competing products.

Dave:

Email on the way.

K.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM

Not sure you need to worry about protecting the screen...

Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 PM

poisonous:Very true! however, i've heard a few people here and there getting random scratches and honestly i'd rather be safe than sorry. Plus, these shields minimize finger prints so they don't stick as easily (which is awesome).

binkman: ahhhh. lol competition is most likely, there's so many screen protectors out there. So to put mine on was difficult at first but you get used to it. You can go to a room with a lot of steam (after you shower?) to do application to minimize dust. Then you use a application solution, putting some on your fingers and on the shield (all over the shield, dont miss a spot) - by doing this, you keep it from sticking and from finger prints getting stuck on the shield. Position the shield onto your zune and shove out all the excess solution with a card and then let it sit. That's about it! Just worry about dust. Don't expose the shield upside at all!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Lol yeah me and my bother ZuneHD if fully naked =D and in 8 months only the silver paint is coming off on mine. I'm surprise theirs not a single scratched on the back.

anyways do you guys know if their a local store where you can buy ZuneHD cases... Either a hardshell case, invincible sheild or pouch? and nah I can't buy online I don't have a credit card =(

Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 PM

Well Yeah I Had An Invisible Shield I Loved It!! But To your Problem I Never Had Any Difficulty Because They Had A Kiosk That Applied It On Your Device For 10 Dollars

Old 05-25-2010, 09:43 PM

i had an invisible shield on my old ipod video player for a year or two and was able to peel it off and sell it like brand new. not a single scratch on that soft-like-butter chrome back.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
Lol yeah me and my bother ZuneHD if fully naked =D and in 8 months only the silver paint is coming off on mine. I'm surprise theirs not a single scratched on the back.

anyways do you guys know if their a local store where you can buy ZuneHD cases... Either a hardshell case, invincible sheild or pouch? and nah I can't buy online I don't have a credit card =(
The bestbuy where i live have some Zune HD Cases

Old 05-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thygriever View Post
On youtube, one of the reviewers told me the EDGE case is just fancy plastic - in his opinion. However I do believe him so I'm getting the NGP which he recommends.

I have the Black Edge Slider for my Black Zune HD. Most people don't even realize there's a case on when I show them the Zune, and then when I remove the case, they're even more in awe at how slim the thing is.

I love my Edge slider, and I'd recommend them to anyone. They're durable, and they look great when they match the Zune's body color. For a Zune Original though, you want to show that sucker off.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:59 AM

Have you ever used this site before? http://www.bestskinsever.com/
Same material, but much cheaper
http://www.bestskinsever.com/microsoft-zune-hd-skin
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

The quality is the same, except one is 8 dollars and the other is 25.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonousjuice View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSinEmsOGKo
no, i have a scratch on the screen of my zune so its obviously not invincible.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartex View Post
The bestbuy where i live have some Zune HD Cases
I went to bestbuy yesterday and they have a whole assesories section for the zunehd... Awsome :]... But they only have dlo jam jacket... No hard case.. BUT thier was one invinsible shield left and it was freakin' opened =/ didnt know they sell invinsible shields ...

Old 05-26-2010, 08:38 AM

yup the one by me also has some invisible shields....

Dave, Wanna give away some more free stuff

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonousjuice View Post
Yes, i think that protective shields nowadays is just a gimmick for most touch screens...

Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 AM

I use the ZAGG Invisible Shield..works fine for me.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Have the one that came with my Incipio Feather, but havent bothered to put it on. Don't want interference with the screen.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 AM

nausicaa:

Now you tell me. Actually, I had a coupon for 50% off an item, so I only paid $12.50 for my Zagg invisibleShield, but I will have to remember Best Skin Ever in the future.

K.