android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Default New Budget Mp3 Player

I am looking to buy a new mp3 player with a budget of about $80. I have had two mp3 players before this, both were sandisk the most recent being the sansa e280. I was pleased with both of them (no problems or breakage, it just got stolen), but I am looking to change a few features this time and was looking for some advice.

I don't care at all about video, I never did see the appeal of watching video on a tiny screen. I listen to a lot of audio books, lectures, and other audio files so I would really like a much more efficient fast forward and rewind feature so I can skip quickly through long tracks.

This is more of a preference/education issue. But I really got tired of having to change all the albums on my files in order for them to be sorted on the player. Reading the forums it sounds like this is called ID3? I have a lot of music already sorted this way, and so I will probably have to stick with it but I would like a faster and easier way to do it so maybe that's not so much a player issue as a software issue, if anyone has suggestions. I'm running ubuntu 10.04.

While the more capacity the better, I'm not looking for anything smaller than 8GB. Also physically, I like to use it while riding my bike so nothing huge, at the same time something really tiny like an ipod shuffle is rather obnoxious to manipulate in my pocket.

In Summary:
1. Budget of about $80.
2. Good fast forward/rewind features
3. Good organization of music files
4. At least 8 GB of space.
5. Not enormous or really tiny

Thank you for any suggestions or general information. I may also post anything I run across to consider.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
books, budget, mp3, sandisk