android
Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre View Post
Yes, I'm using 2.21. I may have to switch back to 2.10 or just not use the matrix browser anymore.
Yep Switched back to 2.10, and art shows up just fine without changing anything else. Just appeared..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 AM

found a bug, alarm dont work, was suppose to wake up an hour ago

Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduckquack View Post
found a bug, alarm dont work, was suppose to wake up an hour ago
That's not very helpful for a bug report. For me the alarm works just fine. What settings did you use?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:59 AM

music alarm, tried radio too, or maybe i dont know how to set it, is there an "OK" button somewhere i didnt see or do you just exit to the main menu after setting it?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just an FYI: The album art is broken in the "Matrix View" for me as well, but it shows up fine during normal music playback. I've embedded the art in the tags (mp3/LAME), and there's a .jpg for the album in each CD's folder. This was all done via Media Monkey,.....

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned already, so I'm just adding my voice. I really don't use the feature but it's a nice novelty.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Just an FYI: The album art is broken in the "Matrix View" for me as well, but it shows up fine during normal music playback. I've embedded the art in the tags (mp3/LAME), and there's a .jpg for the album in each CD's folder. This was all done via Media Monkey,.....

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned already, so I'm just adding my voice. I really don't use the feature but it's a nice novelty.
Thanks to everyone who confirmed this for me. The art shows up for me during playback too. It's just the matrix browser that seems to be broken.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 AM

I just got a new J3 which came with 2.03 firmware. It would not resume a file if it was turned off (only if it was put into sleep mode). After installing 2.21 firmware, it would now resume after being turned off, so this was fixed at some point inbetween (where, I don't know).

Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 AM

2.22 came out today, and it fixes the matrix browser album art issue: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56967

Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup, the Matrix Browser issue is "fixed".

Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 AM

just wondering, anybody else here getting ridiculous numbers for their Video tab? mine says 18k+ videos, and when i open the video folder it contains countless repeations of one file (a txt file) and when i click on it, the system hangs

Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
just wondering, anybody else here getting ridiculous numbers for their Video tab? mine says 18k+ videos, and when i open the video folder it contains countless repeations of one file (a txt file) and when i click on it, the system hangs
That means you possibly have a "Playlist" folder on the microSD card, like I did (I only had 17,000 or so "supposed" video files). Delete the folder and you'll be fine. Seems the Cowon DAP's will fight to the death to stay away from playlists.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 AM

I noticed the J3 finds files twice occasionally when using the internal search function. Anyone else has this?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
That means you possibly have a "Playlist" folder on the microSD card, like I did (I only had 17,000 or so "supposed" video files). Delete the folder and you'll be fine. Seems the Cowon DAP's will fight to the death to stay away from playlists.
worked for a while, now even if i dont put the sd card in the bug is still there

Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 AM

Today I got a bug after deleting a video file in the J3's browser. It showed the same file name for all files in the list, and navigating out of it I got dozens of folders named "J3", like the name of the internal memory of the player. The bug went away on its own after I went to the music screen and started playing the currently available audio track. After that the file browser behaved normally again.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 AM

when this happened, did you notice any chinese looking characters anywhere in your player? almost exact same thing happened to me after i deleted wayne's world, except when i open the music app, everything is in chinese

Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 AM

No, I didn't notice any non-latin characters there.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way View Post
Today I got a bug after deleting a video file in the J3's browser. It showed the same file name for all files in the list, and navigating out of it I got dozens of folders named "J3", like the name of the internal memory of the player. The bug went away on its own after I went to the music screen and started playing the currently available audio track. After that the file browser behaved normally again.
Quote:
when this happened, did you notice any chinese looking characters anywhere in your player? almost exact same thing happened to me after i deleted wayne's world, except when i open the music app, everything is in chinese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way View Post
No, I didn't notice any non-latin characters there.
I also had this happen as well (the numerious "J3" folders), and I had the Asian characters in the browser bar at the top of the screen. I no longer have either issue tho, since I deleted the "Playlists" folder.

Try deleting all playlists and see what happens (not you, OR the mod formerly known as "dfkt"), and post your results afterward please.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 PM

problem went away when i removed the sd card, still have the playlists on

Old 08-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
problem went away when i removed the sd card, still have the playlists on
Make sure you only have a "Music" folder on the microSD card - or all the artist or album folders - nothing else, except for a "Video" folder. See if this allows you to re-insert the card w/no issue.

Also, have you formatted w/the Panasonic Formatting Tool?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Ok... is it just me, or is there a clock problem with 2.22?

I had 2.21 installed and was reasonably convinced that the loss of clock accuracy that had existed with 2.10 had been cured.

I installed 2.22 last week, and although it certainly fixed the Matrix Browser album art problem I have noticed huge losses of time from the clock. 20 minutes overnight, 4 hours over a few days... I mean crazy.

Anybody else? Or is it just me?