android
Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 PM

Cool Which is the faster way to transfer files on CLIP+

I would like to know which is the fast way to transfer songs to my Clip+? I have using WMP 12 but it takes too long.? any other soft is faster? Mediamonkey pherhaps? or i must copy the songs directly like a hard drive in "my PC". thks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2010, 05:05 PM

AFAIK all methods should take the same time to transfer as the speed is limited by the write speed of the clip itself. But I use Linux so I can't be certain if WMP makes no difference, you could just try drag'n'drop to see for your self.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM

Default Faster way to transfer??

Well, as some of you know, including the admin, I actually do use Real Audio to transfer to my Clip. Guess just not that savvy yet in some things.

Man is it SLOW transferring to the Clip.

The Admin recommended Nero AAC, still have to download that yet.

Other suggestions for FASTER transfer of files to my Clip??

Old 05-20-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Munki View Post
AFAIK all methods should take the same time to transfer as the speed is limited by the write speed of the clip itself. But I use Linux so I can't be certain if WMP makes no difference, you could just try drag'n'drop to see for your self.
Oh I experienced a MASSIVE difference in transfer speed between MTP and MSC. While the onboard memory is filled rather quickly with MTP, the SD Card ist about 10 times slower with MTP than with MSC. So I recommend using MSC until you have some files with DRM.

I use Mediamonkey Gold and Clip+ in MSC Mode. Mediamonkey Gold does support multithreaded file conversion to vorbis when snyncing with the Clip. So that was exactly what I was searching for

Last edited by Hirsch2k; 05-20-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Transfering in MTP or MSC Mode? When in MTP try using MSC instead (Only if your files are DRM-free)

edit: sorry for double posting here, I got confused with the tabs, so this originally was intended for another thread.

Last edited by Hirsch2k; 05-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 PM

have you rockboxed your clip? because a standard clip can not play AAC files.

assuming you have, create the AAC files and put them in a temporary location on your computer. then when the files have been created, simply drag/drop them on to the player using windows explorer.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

MSC Mode is generally considered by many folks to be a tad bit faster than MTP. I personally have not tested this, but IMO the difference is not overwhelming for me.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Talking Speeed Transfers Test

I made some test and ive got an answer: Media Monkey beats by far WMP12.
I copy 14 files or 120.40 MB to my Clip+ with Windows Media Player in 1:15 minutes.

The same songs with Media Monkey takes only 33 seconds.

MediaMonkey is near 2.5 times faster than Windows Media player. i donīt know why.... but this is the facts.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You don't know why WMP is slower? Umm, it comes from Microsoft, right?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Munki View Post
AFAIK all methods should take the same time to transfer as the speed is limited by the write speed of the clip itself.
Using MTP is *much* slower than MSC transfer speeds in every case. On Sansa players it's even more pronounced than on other brands.

Here's a very good thread (including speed tests) about that topic: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=52259

---

Oh, and WMP is a pathetic piece of garbage, but I guess that's common knowledge.