android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 05-16-2010, 02:37 PM

Default Any chance to get an MLB.com At Bat app in the future?

Somebody else on here has to be a huge baseball fan, demand this app! My girlfriend can get it on her iTouch, let's get it for Zune too. Dave, any chances? Maybe with WM7?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

hmmm. This seems to me like an app with too narrow an audience. I won't shoot it down, because Zune Team has surprised me before, but I think that they'll probably spend their resources on apps with a larger appeal. I definitely wouldn't expect such a thing very soon...

Old 05-16-2010, 04:14 PM

I don't really have expectations of Microsoft, not after going through all the troubles I had with the X-Box 360 three years ago.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ah, the famed Ring of Death. I got that a couple of times, but stupid Microsoft was incapable of informing me that my problem wasn't the XBox itself, but my power cable. thanks to them, I had to send in four XBoxes before I found out on my own that it was in fact the power cable. But I don't see how this is applicable to their reliability on Zune apps. Haha, two different subjects, two different branches. Just saying....

Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 AM

There is no chance to get such a specialized app for Zune. We don't even get popular apps...we don't even get apps!!! What makes you think that the next app (the third in a period of 6 months), will be a specific baseball app? This is no iTouch here. In Apple's appstore you can find almost anything you can think of because they have been focusing on apps. Zune is focusing on...lets see...media experience (something like that)...personally i think that it isn't focused on anything anymore...they just work on other projects. So it's pointless to suggest any specific app like this...

Last edited by Zuniq; 05-17-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Right, hence my not having expectations. It seems like a possibility for WM7 when there will be more app possibilities and potential merger of ZHD into that platform. But yes, perhaps this was a pointless thread, I would simply rather use that app on the Zune so I felt motivated.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:01 PM

I think that for this to happen, MLB would have to be interested in making the app, not Microsoft (at least for an "official" MLB app). And why would MLB want to spend the time to make it for the Zune HD? However I'll bet that they're interested in making one for WM7.

For the record I'm a baseball fan and find that simply going to the mlb.com mobile site is perfectly satisfactory for following a game. I think for an app to change my mind it would have to alert me to game updates without having to launch the app and stay in it....kind of like how WM7 works with push notifications.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM

As a huge baseball fan, I agree that such an app would be amazing...and that there is no chance of it happening. Does anyone know if Gameday Audio Mobile works on the Zune HD? I'd definitely be willing to drop $2.49/month to at least be able to listen to my Cubbies when I'm not near a computer.