android
Old 05-14-2010, 07:26 PM

Default Should I buy a Q2?

I have a P3 and the mp3 jack is starting to die..

Is the Q2 a good replacement?
What do you owners think?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T10-User View Post
I have a P3 and the mp3 jack is starting to die..

Is the Q2 a good replacement?
What do you owners think?
It sounds just as good, but the touchpad really is annoying. And of course, it won't compare as far as video capability.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It sounds just as good, but the touchpad really is annoying. And of course, it won't compare as far as video capability.
thanks for quick reply.. thats cool i dont care about the video

mainly just the audio and controls

Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You have to use the hold button all the time, because the controls are so sensitive. A shame, really, because it was an awesome sounding player.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:06 PM

If you could get the R0, i'd try that instead. The controls on the Q2 seem nice for the first couple of hours but get really really really annoying after a while. DNS is awesome though

Old 05-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yes, owning almost all Samsung DAP, I can tell you the Q2 is a pain to use compared to the R0

Old 05-16-2010, 12:00 PM

Seems that I'm the only person that love the Samsung Q2 and Samsung S3 controls...

I hate physical button if you click with too force... bye bye physical button (I have destroyed many players and cellphones in this way)

however the touch controls need some practice

Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrrehc View Post
Seems that I'm the only person that love the Samsung Q2 and Samsung S3 controls...

I hate physical button if you click with too force... bye bye physical button (I have destroyed many players and cellphones in this way)

however the touch controls need some practice

If scrolling wasnt so slow i wouldnt mind so much, but its a real pain if you have 300+ songs

Old 05-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blcistheking View Post
If scrolling wasnt so slow i wouldnt mind so much, but its a real pain if you have 300+ songs
I have 1785 songs on the player actually and use the touch control with no pain

Old 05-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Yeah personally I don't have a problem with the navigation. The pad is very responsive, mind you I don't have many tunes on the player at the minute though. I just forget sometimes it's not touch screen! As my phones an htc hero which I constantly use.

The sounds very strong on this player. My main issue is it's weak battery performance. I have been playing 320k mp3's with DNSe on and very low back lighting but am only getting a few hrs of play, maybe 4/5 at a push. Thing is it's fine supporting formats like flac but if your battery runs out very quick when playing high bitrate music files it kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. Plus the fact DNSe sounds so good it is annoying to have to turn it off just to preserve battery.

There is no way that this player could ever get near 50hrs battery unless maybe you were playing 64kbps files with extremely low back light and no DNSe.

Other than the battery, the proprietary connector, lack of microsd slot (and my own personal issues with the Ui styling) this player is a great performer. I have used some of the sony players in the price range and personally prefer this, although for battery I think the sony will kill this. In fact when it comes to battery performance I would say only Sony and Cowon can really claim exceptional battery performance from their players.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I never had any battery issues with mine. With headphones, I used the DNSe, and it would be somewhere in the 25 hour range. With DSNe turned off, like if I was using it plugged into speakers, it would last longer than that.....not 50 hours, because when I ran it into speakers I had the volume at about 90%, but still quite a while. I never bothered with FLAC files on it though.....seems silly on a portable, if you ask me.

The navigation never bothered me....I didn't scroll through the list of all songs, ever. If I did want to hear a specific song, I would seek out that particular artist and album first. But eventually, the super-sensitive touchpad even got annoying to me.....having to pull it out of my pocket to disengage the hold , just to be able to pause it or adjust the volume, got to be irritating, especially when my other players had real, usable buttons.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:10 PM

My Q2 with all DnSe effects off, mp3 128kbps and backlight off vol 15 about 43 hours of non-stop playing

Lucky???

However I have heard of many defective battery in this Samsung series

Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM

Volume 15? wow I'm surprised you can even hear that! Mines at full all the time and some old tunes still aren't loud enough. I do DJ though so prob damaged my hearing or something! lol

Old 05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sere83 View Post
Volume 15? wow I'm surprised you can even hear that! Mines at full all the time and some old tunes still aren't loud enough. I do DJ though so prob damaged my hearing or something! lol
Your hearing must be damaged, because volume 15 was even a decent listening level with my most power-hungry headphones.....full volume would be enough to wake the dead!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sere83 View Post
I have done this test only for battery benchmarking (usually I use flac or mp3 320kbps and volume 17) however volume 15 is a good volume level... if you don't have the French version with volume limitation and you don't use other earphones with too high impedance, your hearing must be seriously compromised

Old 06-19-2010, 11:17 PM

q2 is a perfect replacement for its awesome (or same) sound quality since you do not care about the video

Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 PM

ok say u were at "A" for song titles, if i wanted to play a specific song that started with a "M" u would have to hold the down button for a while?

like the P2?

i have a P3 rite now and i like how it has the side bar on the right of the screen when your at song titles or artists

ooo and does Q2 support mac?

Last edited by T10-User; 07-13-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T10-User View Post
ok say u were at "A" for song titles, if i wanted to play a specific song that started with a "M" u would have to hold the down button for a while?

like the P2?

i have a P3 rite now and i like how it has the side bar on the right of the screen when your at song titles or artists

ooo and does Q2 support mac?
Depends on how many songs you have in between, but yeah for the most part your finger will be on that touchpad for quite a while. And yes the Q2 will work with Mac using MSC mode (you can change between MTP and MSC in the settings)