android
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Default Cowon J3 Case

Does anyone have this case or know anything about it. I was looking at some picture on the Jetmall website regarding this case, but i cannot see if it blocks the ports and microsd card slot. If anyone does have it, is this case worth the money?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-12-2010, 06:34 PM

not sure what case your are talking about. I received the plastic case with my order for free. Tossed it cause it wasn't worth the cost if you know what I mean.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM

this would be the case I am talking about. I already figured the plastic was terrible from what others said, but I don't know if this is quality as well. Can't really tell much from the pictures though.

http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=566

Old 05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Personally I'd wait for either the leather i-nique case, or a leather Noreve case - both should be better than the case Cowon is selling. Noreve will be best,....it's the BOMB!!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Real men don't need cases for their DAPs...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The dock and MicroSD slot are under a flap on the bottom edge.. next to the headphone jack. Power/Lock toggle is all that's on the left side. Track fwd/back, Play/Pause, and Volume rocker are on the right. Speaker, mic, and reset hole are on the back. Hope that helps.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Not all of us like our devices to look like we just found them in the Bowery,.....Now cut the crap.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
till they pull out their phone and the screen is cracked. I just did it on my i9,the day after I ordered a case for my J3

Old 05-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
till they pull out their phone and the screen is cracked. I just did it on my i9,the day after I ordered a case for my J3
lol...Good point...Was just kidding about the cases btw...especially for gorgeous, expensive stuff like J3, S9, P3, etc...

Then again, I only have low budget stuff myself atm...
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM

of course I meant DAP not phone, I had a mind fart just goes to show ya dont talk and type at the same time

Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.711 View Post

tell us how the case feels when it comes in. looks too sexy to pass up

Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

g.711: oh man, i totally forgot...you're the one who had the real bad day with their DAPs...first the i9, then the clip right?

Very sorry about the case joke...my bad...
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-15-2010, 10:27 AM

I have the Cowon case. I was surprised that there isn't a slit in the back to accommodate the speaker opening. So, while it doesn't sound too muffled, you can obviously hear the speaker better when you take it out of the case.

Also the cover can leave impressions on the glass. I ignore them, or simply wipe the screen.

And during viewing/playing it's easier to fold the cover behind the player rather than having the long flap hang open. In this respect I think I like the placement of the tactile buttons on the S9 better.

All that said, I'd rather have this case than no case at all. The last thing I want is a cracked screen. Besides, if I'm going to spend this much on a player might as well purchase a case to protect my investment.

I bought Cowon's screen protector too.

btw, I purchased everything through Jetmall.net.

Creative MuVo TX FM | MPIO One | Sansa Clip | iAudio 6 | Cowon D2 (2) | S9 | J3

Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3UndergroundFan View Post
I have the Cowon case. I was surprised that there isn't a slit in the back to accommodate the speaker opening. So, while it doesn't sound too muffled, you can obviously hear the speaker better when you take it out of the case.

Also the cover can leave impressions on the glass. I ignore them, or simply wipe the screen.

And during viewing/playing it's easier to fold the cover behind the player rather than having the long flap hang open. In this respect I think I like the placement of the tactile buttons on the S9 better.

All that said, I'd rather have this case than no case at all. The last thing I want is a cracked screen. Besides, if I'm going to spend this much on a player might as well purchase a case to protect my investment.

I bought Cowon's screen protector too.

btw, I purchased everything through Jetmall.net.
thanks for the info

Old 05-16-2010, 01:59 PM

I got Cowon's case for the J3 as well. I like it because it's leather and it gives some heft to the player. The part that holds it in there seems pretty sturdy, and you can close it completely or take it out with the headphones still in. The clasp is magnetic.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:58 AM

You can also get this silicone case for the J3 on eBay you can keep on while you're using it for shock absorption in case you drop it, although I don't know if the player would still fit in the leather or plastic case with one of these on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cowon-J3-Silicon...item3eff9334a5

I just got mine and it fits the J3 perfectly, with holes for the speaker and mic in the back and the jacks on the bottom. The only downside is that there's no holes for the buttons on the sides, and the buttons on the J3 stick out so little to begin with that this can make it harder to distinguish between them by touch while its inside your pocket. You could probably take a razor to it and fix that, though. Also, it came smelling like it was sprayed with scented cleaning fluid, so I'm letting it air out.

One thing I would say about the protective film, which I got from Cowon, is that you can scratch it easily just by cleaning it! I got several scratches on it just from trying to rub the fingerprints off with a coffee filter with medium pressure. They aren't that noticeable--until you try and watch a video. Then the light coming from the screen splits into a rainbow of colors when it passes through them. At first, I thought they were on the screen itself until I held it an oblique angle and could see they corresponded to the scratches on the film. I'm going to look for a tougher film to replace it with.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyomil View Post
You can also get this silicone case for the J3 on eBay you can keep on while you're using it for shock absorption in case you drop it, although I don't know if the player would still fit in the leather or plastic case with one of these on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cowon-J3-Silicon...item3eff9334a5

I just got mine and it fits the J3 perfectly, with holes for the speaker and mic in the back and the jacks on the bottom. The only downside is that there's no holes for the buttons on the sides, and the buttons on the J3 stick out so little to begin with that this can make it harder to distinguish between them by touch while its inside your pocket. You could probably take a razor to it and fix that, though. Also, it came smelling like it was sprayed with scented cleaning fluid, so I'm letting it air out.

One thing I would say about the protective film, which I got from Cowon, is that you can scratch it easily just by cleaning it! I got several scratches on it just from trying to rub the fingerprints off with a coffee filter with medium pressure. They aren't that noticeable--until you try and watch a video. Then the light coming from the screen splits into a rainbow of colors when it passes through them. At first, I thought they were on the screen itself until I held it an oblique angle and could see they corresponded to the scratches on the film. I'm going to look for a tougher film to replace it with.
IMHO silicon cases are terrible because dust always sticks to it for the most part. I also feel like while they do protect the player from a little bit of shock, an expensive player like the J3 deserves more than a silicon case. It's already sexy so why not make it sexier with a leather case?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiweiyen View Post
IMHO silicon cases are terrible because dust always sticks to it for the most part. I also feel like while they do protect the player from a little bit of shock, an expensive player like the J3 deserves more than a silicon case. It's already sexy so why not make it sexier with a leather case?
I am totally with you on the dust/silicon case thing. I am simply too lazy to take time to wash that regularly. And I wear suits constantly - I find the silicon to rub/stick against the fabric inside my breast pockets...

And expensive toys like the J3 do deserve better housing IMO...
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-22-2010, 06:00 AM

I sent Email to the people at I-Nique asking if or when they they would release a case for the J3 they sent a email back told me 4-5 weeks.They make top of the line leather cases for all kinds of devices so cant wait. Check out there stuff.
http://www.i-nique.com