android
Old 05-09-2010, 01:19 PM

Default A few zune hd questions.

I have a few questions.

1. Are there plans for a youtube app or slacker radio app?
If not then can I access youtube and play hd content (or high quality video) from the web browser? Can I access and play slacker through the website as well? This way I don't need the apps right now.

2. Are there plans for a custom 5-7 band EQ?

3. What is the color depth of the screen? 256k? 16.7 million?

4. How does it sound in comparison to the new ipod touch? a little worse, equal, a little better, somewhat better, a lot better?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2010, 01:29 PM

hey!
1. Microsoft has not released any information on either of those two apps (But many, including me, are hopeful that someday they will come )

2. Like the apps, they could be coming, but MS hasnt released any plans.

3. I am not sure about the color depth of the screen, but its one of the sharpest, most vibrant displays on a mobile device that ive seen.

4. To many, this is a matter of opinion, and several people say that the Zune sounds "dark" to them because it seems to be geared towards the lower frequencies. To me, the sound is quite good. Much better than my 1st gen ipod touch. In fact, i deleted all the music off my ipod touch and just use it for a few games.
Although, ive heared that Apple stepped up the sound quality in the new players, so hopefully someone else can chime in that owns one

Hope i helped!
-Steve

Add Me on Zune Social! my name is: mq1991

Old 05-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post
I have a few questions.

1. Are there plans for a youtube app or slacker radio app?
If not then can I access youtube and play hd content (or high quality video) from the web browser? Can I access and play slacker through the website as well? This way I don't need the apps right now.

2. Are there plans for a custom 5-7 band EQ?

3. What is the color depth of the screen? 256k? 16.7 million?

4. How does it sound in comparison to the new ipod touch? a little worse, equal, a little better, somewhat better, a lot better?

Thanks!
Hello,

Good questions.

1. Right now, there are no plans for any YouTube or slacker app. However, MS hasn't revealed any information for a long time, and could be planning to release one later. It's possible, but unlikely in my opinion. And you can't watch videos through the web browser, it doesn't support flash, yet.

2. Unfortunately there are no plans revealed for a custom eq of any kind. MS hasn't released any info for a month or so and we don't know what's going on there right now, but again, it's very possible that it could come in the future.

3. I don't know anything about screen depth, but this screen is bright and amazingly clear. It's one of the best screens I've seen on any portable device, and it kills the iPod touch's screen, too.

4. I personally think the SQ is great, better than the iPod touch. However, we all have our own opinions on SQ, so this is a hard question to answer.

Good luck!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed