android
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 AM

Unhappy Zune suddenly cannot sync anymore :(

Just recently, for no reason (I haven't installed anything new on my comp), the Zune just won't sync anymore.

I plug it in, and the zune center doesn't detect my zune. Then I have to reset my zune, plug it in and then it says "syncing" for a ridiculously long time with no items in the queue. I have to eventually close the program and restart my zune. It basically does this in a continuous cycle. I've tried reinstalling the firmware and that did nothing.. I do not want to resort to wiping the zune clean because I'm not even sure if that'll do the trick. And resyncing all the data (and losing some settings, etc) will take a loooong time. I can't believe this zune is doing this to me. I did nothing different and the zune media center decides to break down

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM

This is bad... Why don't you try to do a format? It won't take that long to resync your content (i don't think that you have a 500gb Zune HD...) Do you know how much time i spend in every resync (without a format)? 4-5 hours!!! Because Microsoft still ignoring support for flac files inside Zune software, so i have to do various filtering/conversion procedures every time i want to resync the device. You probably have mp3 library, so it really won't take longer than an hour for a 32gb HD.

I really look for a "handle" like yours to get rid of my Zune HD and save money for a WP7 but it works perfectly for me... Anyway, i'm sure that you will be able to find a solution..even with a wipe out!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM

Try to sync to another computer... see either its the Zune or your primary computer... Or maybe sync cable.?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM

I have a similar problem it syncs nothing closes down and redects it making it a powder to try to charge

Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM

May not work but help on some client USB problem cases.

Plug the zune into another USB port. This force windows to relink it.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Okay, I tried a different port.. no go. Then I don't have another comp but i switched accounts - that didn't work. I really don't want to reformat because everything isn't in the same place it was. Is there a way to copy everything on the zune and then be able to resync all those items afterwards? Because I synced some music, then deleted/moved them. Same for videos. gahhh If there was just a simple drag and drop system, this wouldn't happen! I'm really angry at Microsoft/Zune team right now

Old 04-30-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thygriever View Post
Okay, I tried a different port.. no go. Then I don't have another comp but i switched accounts - that didn't work. I really don't want to reformat because everything isn't in the same place it was. Is there a way to copy everything on the zune and then be able to resync all those items afterwards? Because I synced some music, then deleted/moved them. Same for videos. gahhh If there was just a simple drag and drop system, this wouldn't happen! I'm really angry at Microsoft/Zune team right now
This is what i was thinking when i read your first sentences...They try to protect their marketplace by forcing us to use Zune software with excuses like "It's much more simple and intuitive for the average user..." etc... Nonsense! They could have provided Zune software as a recommended option but they prefer to make a more complex, tethered system and present it as simple. Microsoft must understand that most of their customers are not idiots and can certainly make better use of a simple UMS (drag and drop) system without rejecting their Marketplace.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 AM

Do you have Channels syncing to your Zune? Or Friends? Mine takes forever to sync when I have either of those through the software (through wireless sync, they go much quicker, though).

Probably not the cause in your situation but worth a mention just in case.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Zuniq I totally agree. But I'm not surprised.. it's just the sneaky "marketing" big companies always do to force you to use the programs with their products - this is even more apparent with the tyrannical applestore. Well, maybe one day we will be free from it..

Stunjoe, I get what you're saying but that's not the case this time. It does some weird things like saying it's done syncing (you wait literally 10 minutes of it syncing nothing - no items are listed), and then the zune's image is "syncing" and then the zune has to be reset. And every other time I plug in the Zune it's not detected. Then after hard resetting (holding down the power button) too many times, I guess my internet died (gives me a black screen). But anyhow, thanks for the notice!

So then I don't think I have much choice but to wipe the damn thing. I guess it's good that I'm the only one to run into this problem. If everyone had this, they'd probably kill MS lol.