android
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Default Labyrinth Hardest game ever?

I don't know about you guys but this is one of the hardest games i've played and i'm addicted to it.
Edit Tip: Setting tilt low-midlow seems to work best

Last edited by Vartex; 04-27-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 PM

110 levels and I can't even pass level 8 xD its going to be a looooong time until I unlock the bonus levels -.-

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM

i never even unlocked everything in Audio Surf. Must accomplish goals...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Just tried the game out now, not bad. Should give me something to do in my math class for the next while. Got to level 13 in about 5-10 mins or so.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM

Seems easy to me but I have a ton of practice after remaking Teeter (which I still haven't released) on Zuneboards. Glad Labyrinth has 110 levels. I could only come up with 12.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:49 AM

I'm at about 16 and my battery died...level 14 with the rocks falling down took me about 20 minutes!!!!
These types of games are actually great for this type of device...no buttons necessary.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Yeah and even though nothing is going on really it looks fantastic. ON level 18 right now im stumped...

Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 PM

i'm really proud of my 4.33 seconds on level 7! that's gotta be a record right? lol

edit: nevermind, I just retried and got 3.72 seconds and they say the goal is 12 seconds!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 AM

Labyrinth is a very nice game! If its too hard for you, you can try lowering the tilt sensitivity by tapping one time on the screen...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 AM

My Zune HD battery seems to last less than 2 hours when playing Labyrinth without sound and medium screen brightness. Is this normal?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know it is the Lab game, but since I got it I've seen the "low battery" warning for the very first time.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I don't know it is the Lab game, but since I got it I've seen the "low battery" warning for the very first time.
You connect your device very often to a pc as it seems...

Maybe Labyrinth consumes too many resources. If battery life gets lesser every month, after 6-8 months we will not be able to play more advanced games with it because of the little time that battery lasts.. That's no good.. Thank God i can still watch 2 movies with a full battery...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM

The Labyrinth game has primarily light color background which will use more power to render. This is the reason the main part of the Zune is black because darker colors take less power to display giving longer battery life.

This does not affect the life of the battery however but the best practice on charging this type of battery is to NOT hook it to charge unless the meter is well under half way drained. 1\4 charge to almost drained is the ideal time to charge to preserve battery life.

Once charged it needs to be unhooked and it's always good to drain it completely or until low battery warning once a month or so.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher View Post

Once charged it needs to be unhooked and it's always good to drain it completely or until low battery warning once a month or so.
I know what you mean, but you understand that this is not practical, right? Battery charge is not "manually controllable" so everytime the user wants to make a change (add or remove content from the device) he needs to connect it through usb and automatically the battery will start charging even if its not drained. So all this treatment is practically impossible.

edit: It could have been possible if we had more "autonomous" devices (with really big storage...probably equal or bigger than 120gb).

Old 04-29-2010, 08:08 AM

Default Amazing - level 50

Labyrinth is an awesome game!
I am now at level 50 and its still fun, it gets harder ever level.
There are winds and prickles so every level is a new challenge!
Thanks microsoft

Old 04-29-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerboy View Post
Labyrinth is an awesome game!
I am now at level 50 and its still fun, it gets harder ever level.
There are winds and prickles so every level is a new challenge!
Thanks microsoft

I really like it, but most of the goal times over level 30 are just unbeatable...!, so i just try to pass the level with a small as possible difference in times.

...and it seems that over level 50 it gets way too difficult ! I always have the tilt sensitivity reduced!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 AM

You can use wireless sync. But it takes longer

Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsLasher View Post
The Labyrinth game has primarily light color background which will use more power to render. This is the reason the main part of the Zune is black because darker colors take less power to display giving longer battery life.

This does not affect the life of the battery however but the best practice on charging this type of battery is to NOT hook it to charge unless the meter is well under half way drained. 1\4 charge to almost drained is the ideal time to charge to preserve battery life.

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect. This was the proper way to handle the old nickel/cadmium batteries, but LiIon is a different beast. If you do some mild Googling of the subject, you'll see that short charges at around the 40-60% mark provide the longest life for the battery. Keeping it charged over 80%, or consistently below 20% causes the battery's life to shorten. So doing a drain and charge constantly will adversly affect the battery's life.

The older batteries work as you described, where you want to drain them low and then fully charge them, with at least one complete power cycle per month to reset the battery's "memory."

Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Medion is spot on about this. Nickel/cadmium batteries only had this memory effect and I don't think they are even in use on new equipment any more.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 PM

Game defeated (but silvers in like 90% of them)! Took approx. 5 hours. I have a longgggggg commute. Usually read a book or a newspaper, but this was more appealing xDDD. Now to get gold in all of them...