android
Old 04-27-2010, 01:30 PM

Default Hippo VB Tips...

After reading so many positive comments on the Hippo VB, Ive decided to take the plunge and buy some from eBay UK from a US seller. They cost me about 64 ($99) including shipping.

I've had many players such as the Cowon I7 and I9 and the Sansa Fuze and Clip+. Ive bought and sold each of them several times before finally deciding on sticking with my 3rd, yes 3rd, Sansa Clip+. Its small size and weight as well as its memory expandability make it a winner. I do prefer the Cowon sound and overall volume levels, but the Clip+ does have a good flat sound to it which I like.

In terms of headphones Ive owned Atrio M5, V-Moda Bass Freq and the SuperFi 5 EB. As you can tell, Im a real bass head and much prefer deep sounding IEMs for my (real) techno mixes. Of the ones mentioned, dare I say, I still prefer the significantly cheaper V-Moda. Although theyre a little muddy, their bass and volume still surpasses that of the other 2 IEMs in my opinion.

Anyway, Ive joined the hype and expecting my Hippo VBs soon and am very excited to see how they compare to my budget but beloved V-Moda Bass Freqs. I'll be back to offer some feedback after Ive received them and burned them in for 50 Hrs (?)

Ive got a few days until they arrive from the USA, is it worth me buying some foam tips in the meantime? If so, what model do I need? I keep hearing Comply or something? Can anyone give me a link for the cheapest/best retailer in the UK?

Can anyone put my mind at rest and assure me they'll reach a good volume on my Clip+? Despite warnings, I do like my music loud I must say.

Thanks

Last edited by HUTCHY; 04-27-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Damn, sorry guys: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=52881

Seems I should wait and check the stock earbuds first.

I'd still be interested in folk's feedback on the combo Ive chosen in terms of Clip+ & Hipp VB however

Old 04-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCHY View Post
After reading so many positive comments on the Hippo VB, Ive decided to take the plunge and buy some from eBay UK from a US seller. They cost me about 64 ($99) including shipping.
Couldn't you have gotten them from Jaben for their regular $79 price, incl. shipping?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey, good luck with the Hippos...I am a recent owner and I found them to be worthy of all the hype myself...I am enjoying them tremendously and have found out a bit more about my own listening preferences - I never thought I was a real bass head, but now I really like having a bit of that low end thump and the VBs deliver in spades, but not at the expense of my beloved guitars, etc...

The Comply foam tips are popular and many folks seem to love them. For me, I found that the included VB tips were great at providing excellent fit and seal [and thus noise isolation]. I think foam tips wear out faster [but don't quote me on this]...

dkft and others recommended the Sony Hybrid replacement tips for the Hippos and I like those as well. Just slightly tough to put on the Hippo VB nozzle, but not impossible at all - just need a bit of patience and care is all.

And loud music: long term, this is a real bad idea...I think you will find with good fitting IEMs [good seal in your ear] that you can listen at lower volumes and still be happy with the sound. I know for sure my own listening levels are lower on my DAPs these days with no loss of clearness and volume.

I want to listen to music till I am dead...

cheers and enjoy! Post back your reactions to the Hippos...!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback lestatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Couldn't you have gotten them from Jaben for their regular $79 price, incl. shipping?
and dfkt...damn it

Not to worry, they should be here in 5 days from the states, suppose the premium I have paid will negate the 2 weeks from Jaben.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:47 AM

Mylarone Crossroad Quattro low, mid and high surpass all.