android
Old 05-09-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavenfish View Post
I just wanted to know what various Clip/+ fans use for their headphones
I use these -> Philips-SHS8000-Premium-Earhook-Headphones
I had the stock buds for the first few days, because Amazon needed more time to deliver the Philips headphones than the player itself. The included buds sounded ok already, but were severely lacking on the low end. Mainly caused by them not properly fitting to my ears. I have a Clip v2. In combination with the SHS8000, it sounds phantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axim View Post
After using the alcohol disinfectant, they always feel better within 5 minutes, and usually immediately.
Is this really safe to use on in-ear-headphones' rubber tips?

Last edited by Conservus; 05-09-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cheers for that Timar, never knew my PM was disabled :S
One quick question, whats the dynamic playlist maximum file allowance when rockboxed? With the original firmware its like 50 or 100 8( (called the 'go list' i think)
Looked in the rockbox manual but it didnt say.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM

I personally just love my UE super.fi 4's

Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 AM

Brand new as of today Black 4gb Clip+ with 8gb card. I have been using the Sennheiser cx300's for portability and the Koss Porta Pros at Home. I received my Q jays three days ago which have relegated the others to backup status. lol. The Clip+ really toned down the Q jays. They were a bit bright when matched with my original Clip.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Love the Hippo VB's with the Clip+.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 07-04-2010, 11:21 AM

clip+ + hippo vb combo user here

Old 07-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With my Clip+ I usually use either the Sennheiser PX100, or the JVC Flats.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:42 AM

Hi everyone.

I used some really cheap "no name" earphones that I bought for like 4 euros. But it goes behind the ear, which I need. Unfortunately they don't work anymore.

Can someone recommend me some earphones that goes behind the ear which price is under 10 euros, with relative good sound? I need specifically earphones that will not fall out from my ear, because I use them for training, and I somehow don't like in ear headphones.

Or is there some kind of extension that can be attached on any earphones, so that they can go behind the ear?

Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM

I'm sorry for double posting, but can someone recommend a few behind-ear headphones with relative good sound, for around 10 euros?

I am training few days without music, and it really annoys me

Old 07-12-2010, 02:58 PM

For 10 Euros, with relatively good sound? No, unfortunately there is no such thing.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:18 PM

Hmmm...

Ok, what is the minimal price for something like that? If they are really forth that kind of money, I will consider them then.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:45 PM

If you need them to stay on and don't need the isolation you get with in-ears, these would be a good investment:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Sports-Hea...C75-Headphones

You won't find 15 earbuds that will sound as good as the Koss KSC75.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxeus View Post
Klipsch S4 works very good with clip, but i have to lower bass by a couple of dB
Overall is a nice combo
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1...pschs4clip.jpg
I really like my Klipsch S4 as well. I've tried other headphones and found it to be too quiet. It's got a good bass for a earbud headphone (I actually like the earmuff headphones myself) and they are very comfortable! I've fell asleep on more than one occasion with these things on.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixx View Post
I'm sorry for double posting, but can someone recommend a few behind-ear headphones with relative good sound, for around 10 euros?

I am training few days without music, and it really annoys me
I've been searching for a good exercise headphones myself and found the following to be the perfect one for me.

Philips Adjustable Earhook Headsphones SHS4840/28 (Silver)

I use this when I jog on treadmills and snowboard. It hasn't failed me. The rubber piece is starting to come off, but I do abuse it a lot when I snowboard. I bought one from Target for about $20 (sorry, don't know if they have it in Europe).

Whatever you do, don't use earbud/in-ear headphones for exercise, as they will make noise every time you move. It gets annoying very quick!

My older exercise headphone was

Philips Flexible Earhook Headphones SHS3200/28 (Black)

but I didn't like the construction. It also sounds inferior to the Adjustable Earhook Headphone.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 PM

Been rockin' the M2's here lately. They have a good sound.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmanishere View Post
I've been searching for a good exercise headphones myself and found the following to be the perfect one for me.

I use this when I jog on treadmills and snowboard. It hasn't failed me. The rubber piece is starting to come off, but I do abuse it a lot when I snowboard. I bought one from Target for about $20 (sorry, don't know if they have it in Europe).

Whatever you do, don't use earbud/in-ear headphones for exercise, as they will make noise every time you move. It gets annoying very quick!

My older exercise headphone was

Philips Flexible Earhook Headphones SHS3200/28 (Black)

but I didn't like the construction. It also sounds inferior to the Adjustable Earhook Headphone.
Thank you very much for your answer!

It has been very helpful. I will consider those.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Just an update. When I mentioned don't get the earbud/in-ear, I didn't understand what earbud earphone was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headphones

DO get the earbud headphone. DON'T get the canalphones (in-ear). They will boom inside your ear when you jump up and down.

I found something similar to the

It's

Philips SHS4800/10 Headphones Active Fit Ear Hook

in Amazon UK, for what its worth. I think the specs are the same.

Last edited by Tmanishere; 07-14-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmanishere View Post
DO get the earbud headphone. DON'T get the canalphones (in-ear). They will boom inside your ear when you jump up and down.
You can't really generalize that so broadly. Some in-ear phones transfer very little cable noise or aren't problematic, fit-wise, for physical activities. For example the Phonak PFE perform very well, ergonomics-wise, when it comes to sports.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You can't really generalize that so broadly. Some in-ear phones transfer very little cable noise or aren't problematic, fit-wise, for physical activities. For example the Phonak PFE perform very well, ergonomics-wise, when it comes to sports.
I've tried several canalphones (in-ear) and the principals were all the same. The rubber piece needs to fit securely in your ear. All the ones I've used uses these rubber piece like a diaphragm for reproducing the sound. If the fits aren't secure, it will sound very tinny and not as intended.

Also note that any earphones will be tugged very hard when you are jumping up and down. This translates to maximum cable noise. This also translates to you need something that will keep it from falling out, like a clip.

I'm also sure the average Joe's won't be finding Phonak PFE in the low 10 Euros price range. These were made for audiophiles.

All said and done, when I go work out or am doing some outdoor activities, last thing I want to worry about is the earpiece falling out during my activity. I also dread the thought of abusing $100+ headphones (and they do get abused when I'm snowboarding). Yes, the audio quality is important, but not as important as when I'm sitting at home or in a plane just enjoying the music.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:12 PM

I currently use the Superlux HD 681F a lot with my clip+. Got them from http://www.thomann.de/de/superlux_hd681_f.htm for 25 Euros. The clip+ drives them pretty good (32 Ohm) Unfortunately they are very sharp in the highs, but with a little Rockbox-EQ magic they sound fantastic

If anyone is interested here are my Rockbox-EQ settings for the 681 F

30 Hz +5 db Q: 2,5
40 Hz +3 db Q: 3,5
9000 Hz -15 db Q: 1,5