android
Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I just found an Italian who seems to
lol. so, you've found me again! (I know you read that thread)
well, it seems we are just in two complaining this issue, should be a factory defect (4 shut downs today, one of them non complete) - I can cope with it
At least until the player does not brick I don't spend my time for fix it.

Sure lebellium, I've read nearly everything you've written on R0 (thanks again) and I'm pure MSC. Even if I have lost my dearest EmoDio for it

ps
is there anybody crazy enough to buy a Samsung player even after having tried EmoDio before?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Samsung Moderator

LOL My biggest FAIL!!!
And I've even not noticed you have the same nickname on both forums, I'm so stupid

This bug is very strange though. It seems to only occur in certain conditions but what conditions? (outdoor only? high temperatures only?)
That may be a factory defect but there is no way to make sure of that.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 PM

Oh, what a stupid i am talking about equalizer shortcuts for Fm!
It just doesn't work at all!
Bit strange: wise wolume, street mode etc audio setting does...
Funny.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkinx View Post
Oh, what a stupid i am talking about equalizer shortcuts for Fm!
I don't understand the link with what you said previously lol

Old 05-28-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I don't understand the link with what you said previously lol
Sorry! It was just a little mod of my previous
Quote:
Third: Why the hell it's non possible to order and name the saved FM stations? To export/Import the list? To change directly the equalizer and other audio settings?
is now updated to
Quote:
Why the hell it's non possible ... To change directly the audio settings? And why the equalizer doesn't work at all in Radio mode?
You see, I normally don't use the equalization, but with some earphones I'd like to.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Samsung Moderator

Ok, sounds clearer now
I don't know why audio settings do not work in FM mode. Actually I don't care, FM radio is too bad quality for me in any case (DNSe enabled or disabled)

Some good news:
-Samsung Korea found the root-cause of the library update issue (hanging at 99%). I'm not allowed to reveal it on webforums but I can say it is somehow linked to the MTP mode as I thought (that's why only Europeans and Americans have this issue) so please stop using MTP. It's the worst thing Microsoft has ever developed. Except if you have WMA DRM files to transfer (but why would you? Who still buys DRM files when you can buy free-DRM songs or get them for free legally or illegally?) you do not need to use MTP. Use MSC mode only. (setting>system>PC connection>MSC)
-The new firmware that is meant to fix that bug (so normally there won't be issue in MTP mode anymore but again, it's just easier to use MSC instead) should be released by the end of this month, so I expect on Monday probably.

-No f/w change regarding FM radio between v1.17 and 1.19 so for them reception quality cannot be worse now.
-FM shut down issue: they do not know at the moment. Need more details as expected.

And never forget: From the end of 2006 (YP-K5) to the end of 2008 (YP-Q1), all Samsung DAPs were "MTP only" in Europe and America. So I fought with Samsung for 2 years to get UMS again on their DAPs and I have been promoting UMS for 5 years now! I'll never give up. MTP is the worst thing ever. If you just have to remember one thing: Always check your Samsung DAP is in MSC/UMS mode.
Next step for me: Manage to get MSC as the default mode in EU and US region codes.

Last edited by lebellium; 05-28-2010 at 06:16 AM.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:59 AM

Great!
Quote:
-FM shut down issue: they do not know at the moment. Need more details as expected.
Sorry, as I said before it appears completely random. I can only give you a better description:
- it's normally a fast complete shut-down: black screen with no bells sound, but the final "splash" sound (the one at the end of the second switch-off) is there
- normally after turning on it starts with system-checking, quite long
- normally it doesn't remember the FM station/volume having been played, but one played some time before (the last correctly saved?)
- it isn't a low battery issue

Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM

Default MSC

Quote:
Ok, sounds clearer now
I don't know why audio settings do not work in FM mode. Actually I don't care, FM radio is too bad quality for me in any case (DNSe enabled or disabled)

Some good news:
-Samsung Korea found the root-cause of the library update issue (hanging at 99%). I'm not allowed to reveal it on webforums but I can say it is somehow linked to the MTP mode as I thought (that's why only Europeans and Americans have this issue) so please stop using MTP. It's the worst thing Microsoft has ever developed. Except if you have WMA DRM files to transfer (but why would you? Who still buys DRM files when you can buy free-DRM songs or get them for free legally or illegally?) you do not need to use MTP. Use MSC mode only. (setting>system>PC connection>MSC)
-The new firmware that is meant to fix that bug (so normally there won't be issue in MTP mode anymore but again, it's just easier to use MSC instead) should be released by the end of this month, so I expect on Monday probably.

-No f/w change regarding FM radio between v1.17 and 1.19 so for them reception quality cannot be worse now.

And never forget: From the end of 2006 (YP-K5) to the end of 2008 (YP-Q1), all Samsung DAPs were "MTP only" in Europe and America. So I fought with Samsung for 2 years to get UMS again on their DAPs and I have been promoting UMS for 5 years now! I'll never give up. MTP is the worst thing ever. If you just have to remember one thing: Always check your Samsung DAP is in MSC/UMS mode.
Next step for me: Manage to get MSC as the default mode in EU and US region codes.

1. whether if you care about the radio, aacs, videos or not... everyone is using his dap differently. so that should never be the point anyway. and i think all sound features should be available in every mode! also in radio, and video mode!!

2. but there was a change from 1.10 or 1.13 to the actual version! and the quality is bad now. remember: after updating from 1.10 to 1.19 all 25 radio stations in the middle of a main town are NOW in MONO. thats fact!

3. the first thing what i am asking for, when buying a new DAP is: do i need a software to transfer songs or can i use it also as a hard drive (MSC). i never, ever bought a machine which i can not use per drag and drop and as hard drive and never will!!!!! thats why ipods not have a chance

so you lebellium helped samsung to get at least one customer more! i am sure i am not the only one btw.!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Samsung Moderator

1) Forgive me but with all the work I have to do with all these bugs (I spend several hours per day for Samsung and its customers whereas I could go get a tan lol), I give the priority to what I care about. Once all main bugs are fixed, I might ask Samsung about other things such as FM sound settings etc etc... I understand we may have different use. But the point is that I focuse with priority on what disturbs both YOU and ME, and not only YOU guys Every R0 user has his own improvement requests and I cannot report all of them.

2) I don't know why but I thought you compared radio reception between fw 1.17 and 1.19 (not 1.10 and 1.19) that's what I told Samsung. I'm sorry about that, but I'm talking with so many different users on ABI and GMP3 that sometimes I forget who is in what firmware :S
BTW, in Paris almost all stations are in stereo! Could someone test FM radio (mono/stereo) and confirm what Forcelab says please?

3) In the past you were obliged to use a software in MTP mode. But now you can drag&drop your files in MTP mode too! No software required! That's why people confuse MTP and MSC

Oh and a guy on gmp3 just got the library update issue while he was in fw 1.19 in MSC mode... I'm so sad....

Last edited by lebellium; 05-28-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:09 AM

Dear Forcelab, I never used 1.10, I believe, I'll test it (for a short time: the loosing presets issue combined with my auto shutting-down player is really too bad).
For now I can confirm that at Rome there is a good tereo FM both with 1.17 and 1.19. 1.19 anyway seems (to me) be worse with weak signal.

Lebellium, no news for the Switching Channels for mSD music bug? Yesterday I'd tried to play some rock and it makes the hearing extremely annoying! I have even thought it's changing the equalization settings at the first

Lol...
How Hard have the Samsung Engineers worked to implement all that surprising bugs in one product??? They are extraordinary!!!

ps
I believe the only chance for Samsung to remain on the DAP market is to open to the opensource community. It should give them an amount of coolines & popularity and help them to realize a working equipment.
PUSH THEM THERE!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:20 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Lebellium, no news for the Switching Channels for mSD music bug? Yesterday I'd tried to play some rock and it makes the hearing extremely annoying! I have even thought it's changing the equalization settings at the first
Actually the bug has been found for a while (April):
Quote:
Okay guys, I got some interesting news from Korea:
The next firmware should be coming middle of May.
It will fix:
-Update library issue (this problem may have several causes so I don't know if they will manage to find and fix all sources...We'll se...); If you know the files that caused this problem on your R0, please send them to me
-Stereo channel switch issue in microSD playback (don't forget to thank me for that )
So normally it should be fixed in the coming firmware.

Quote:
ps
I believe the only chance for Samsung to remain on the DAP market is to open to the opensource community. It should give them an amount of coolines & popularity and help them to realize a working equipment.
PUSH THEM THERE!
Samsung want to control things. If if it is opensource, they would lose control lol

Last edited by lebellium; 05-29-2010 at 04:26 AM.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 AM

Hi!
News from the 1.10:
- FM seems to really have a better channel separation with this FW. If you can still change the things, it should be good to follow Forcelab and ask them to put there back the 1.10 Radio (not the 1.17 one)

I try this FW for a while wondering if it would fix my FM bug too. I'll report about.

ps
you're right, sorry. From the other side you can take it as an another Thank You! for the work you're doing here

Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 AM
Samsung Moderator

Okay now it's clear so I'll downgrade one of my R0s to fw 1.10 and let the another one in fw 1.19 and I'll compare the FM quality
Maybe when they worked about the radio preset issue they changed another thing in the code that made FM reception worse

Old 05-29-2010, 08:01 AM

Let us know about the results! I really wonder about

ps
I've listened Abbey Road today - and I was near to smash the R0 on the floor... Please tell the guys there that the no-pause-playing (I don't remember the tech term) is not just for few - it is a MUST!
(I know you said they will not implement it for R0)

Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 AM

so.. after 2+ days in 1.10 I'm not sure the FM is better then those of 1.17 (I think it isn't, but I have changed the earphones so it may be related)
the strange thing is that the number of spontaneous shut-downs has drastically dropped down - I think there was one of two in all (2,5 days and 2 nights) against avg 4 per day with 1.13 - 1.17 - 1.19
other one is that there is no FM presets lose for now (I have switched it off, drained out, attached to PC while hearing ecc)

bit confused, I have to say

Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Samsung Moderator

I've compared fw 1.10 and 1.19 and I have not noticed a real difference in FM reception. But I'm at home, not at Paris where reception conditions are better. So I don't know either...

The new Fw is coming in some hours (has been uploaded yet but there is a delay, cannot be downloaded yet)

Last edited by lebellium; 05-31-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 PM

thanks for info, L!

My Friday receiving impressions (1.10 vs 1.17) were from my office chair and, obviously, without the possibility of direct comparison.
Now I think - but I may be wrong - that 1.17 handles better the signal strength variations (walking) and weak signal respect both the 1.10 and 1.19; anyway, it's not that big...

The really strange thing is that the auto shut-downs has practically disappeared with the 1.10: I've experienced it from the first day I bought R0 (Dec/Jan 10) with the presets deleted after every shut-down (corrected with 1.17).
(I believe my R0 came with 1.13 on it, but I'm not 100% sure). Now it works quite fine with 1.10.

I stop here, I don't believe the R&D will investigate about with just 2-3 cases

Old 05-31-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The new Fw is coming in some hours (has been uploaded yet but there is a delay, cannot be downloaded yet)
any news? It's out?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:49 AM

Btw, on the HW upgrade forum there are 2-3 guys talking all about the FM shutdown issue.
So, it seems be a kind of large diffused but non lethal one

Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Btw, on the HW upgrade forum there are 2-3 guys talking all about the FM shutdown issue.
So, it seems be a kind of large diffused but non lethal one
Where's this forum? My R0 also crashes sometimes when the radio is on.

Tags
1.19, download, firmware, r0, samsung, yepp, yp-r0