android
Old 04-19-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Have you read the first post? that is the right question!
Ooops. OK!

But very sad that the stereo channel swap bug still isn't fixed! It makes the microSD card feature almost worthless IMHO! This was one reason for me to buy this player. Why do they advertise this feature if it isn't supported correctly?!

Do you think there's hope that this bug is getting fixed in the next firmware version? For how long does Samsung know of this bug?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 PM

BTW, doesn't Samsung write release notes / change logs for their fw releases?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Samsung Moderator

Yes they do but they do not mention every change so this time I prefered to make my own changelog

BTW, if you want it, here are the official improvements (google translation from korean). That's clear and accurate, isn't it?
Quote:
-Some files (Ogg / FLAC) bug patch for
-Some features for error correction
Well regarding your previous question: I already reported this bug but I don't know if they read the email, I've sent dozens emails those times to report bugs on the R0... So I'm pretty bored now, and I won't make much effort with that sorry, I've lost enough time with their stupid buggy firmwares
So maybe they will fix them, maybe not. But I noticed that if I don't harass them, they don't really move up...

Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM

OK, thanks for the detailed `changelog´ and the information regarding the bug report. Well, I think, I will sent them one, too. Is there a web form, or do they have an e-mail address for bug reports?

BTW, does anybody else find that the r0 has rather sharp edges?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Samsung Moderator

You can't report bugs. Actually I'm not a "normal consumer", I'm a kind of Samsung Insider. I help to improve firmwares. And as you can see there are still several bugs though... So imagine how buggy the Samsung DAP would be if I had not report all those bugs on R0, R1, CP3, M1 etc... over the few last months. I prefer not to imagine *sigh*
It's very boring to see that firmwares are still not perfect while I made so much effort to help the Korean R&D...
Now I have lost my motivation.

Last edited by lebellium; 04-19-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 PM

I can understand that you lost motivation. This must be very frustrating. So we all should be glad and say "thank you" to you that the Samsung players are as good as they are, and not as bad as they were without your help.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Samsung Moderator

Any other feedback about this firmware?
Anybody got a problem while updating the library?
Is it the chosen one?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:54 PM

So far no problems with updating. But I had no problems with all other firmwares too...

Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM

No problems here so far as well - except for the fact that all my settings & the radio presets were gone after the update. At least my files were still there! (My Transcend player always deleted them after fw upgrades.)

Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM

No problems with library update with me. This version looks far more stable than the versions before. Now they can concentrate all there development power on the sd stereo bug Thank you, lebellium for pushing them! I wrote a mail regarding this bug to support but (surprise, surprise) no answer so far...

PS. And yes, I would appreciate cover art on flac files

Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbi View Post
No problems here so far as well - except for the fact that all my settings & the radio presets were gone after the update.
That's always the case on Samsung DAPs

That's funny because as the R0 is almost not available in the USA, there are only Italians, Spanish, Germans and French posting here
BTW, where are the British people?! No R0 delivery due to the Volcano? ahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by diewahrheit View Post
No problems with library update with me. This version looks far more stable than the versions before. Now they can concentrate all there development power on the sd stereo bug Thank you, lebellium for pushing them! I wrote a mail regarding this bug to support but (surprise, surprise) no answer so far...

PS. And yes, I would appreciate cover art on flac files
Yes they can but will they? That's the question! ^^ Except if I harass them as usually, they won't probably fix this bug because they already forgot it does exist and they are rather focusing on future products

Nur Deutschen hier! Ich könnte fast nur auf Deutsch schreiben... lol Aber zuerst muss ich eine Zusammenfassung einer Bevölkerungsstudie über Berlin für meinen Deutsch Unterricht machen... pffff

Last edited by lebellium; 04-20-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Nur Deutschen hier! Ich könnte fast nur auf Deutsch schreiben... lol Aber zuerst muss ich eine Zusammenfassung einer Bevölkerungsstudie über Berlin für meinen Deutsch Unterricht machen... pffff
Das ist leicht:
1945-1990 100% Wessis
1990-2010 67% Wessis 33% Ossis

Old 04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diewahrheit View Post
Das ist leicht:
1945-1990 100% Wessis
1990-2010 67% Wessis 33% Ossis
lol... The summary would rather be "Die Berliner gehen hart mit ihrer Stadt ins Gericht...und sind doch die grössten Fans ihrer Stadt. Die Mauer in den Köpfen existiert immer noch...aber die innere Einheit is vollzogen. Berlin ist nicht Deutschlands Hauptstadt der Migranten...und man kommt gut miteinander aus."

And I have to write 40-50 pages about the german reunification (in French language fortunately)... I already get bored before starting

Okay so what interesting about the firmware 1.19?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You can't report bugs. Actually I'm not a "normal consumer", I'm a kind of Samsung Insider. I help to improve firmwares. And as you can see there are still several bugs though... So imagine how buggy the Samsung DAP would be if I had not report all those bugs on R0, R1, CP3, M1 etc... over the few last months. I prefer not to imagine *sigh*
It's very boring to see that firmwares are still not perfect while I made so much effort to help the Korean R&D...
Now I have lost my motivation.
They should be kissing your ass by helping them get rid of nasty bugs but instead of that they (mostly) ignore you. I don't get it.
If there's something a certain american company with a fruit as logo get right is attention to detail. Regarding the radio preset bug: If I hadn't been a technology savvy client I'd had returned the R0 without thinking it twice and problably had banned samsung from my future purchases.
I don't know what happened to samsung. I had the Z5 and firmware updates were wonderful, they only improved things. sigh :$

Old 04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
They should be kissing your ass by helping them get rid of nasty bugs but instead of that they (mostly) ignore you. I don't get it.
If there's something a certain american company with a fruit as logo get right is attention to detail. Regarding the radio preset bug: If I hadn't been a technology savvy client I'd had returned the R0 without thinking it twice and problably had banned samsung from my future purchases.
I don't know what happened to samsung. I had the Z5 and firmware updates were wonderful, they only improved things. sigh :$
-The problem is that I am like a burden for Samsung Korea. They always spy on me to make sure I don't give any Samsung confidential information on ABI or GMP3. They are quite paranoiac and they often forget I'm not an enemy who reveals their plans (if I had done that, you would know much more about Samsung but that's not obviously the case) but only a guy that helps both Samsung and the final consumer.

-The second problem is that they use different developing teams according to the DAP. The guy who developed the Z5 (and who improved the battery life via a firmware if you remember!), I met him, he also developed the P2 and the M1... So only good products. That's not a surprise, he is very good!
The R0 and the R1 have been developed by another team... that is obviously not so efficient...but well the firmware 1.19 looks okay... I'm waiting for UCI themes now
And you must bear in mind Samsung strategy has changed: At the time of the Z5, they still thought they could compete with Apple, they were motivated and the firmwares support was a main part of the business plan. Now their only goal is to release many many products on the market. So they don't have enough time to develop firmwares, they mainly focuse on the coming products.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM

do your R0 maintain the clock-time correctly?

Old 04-21-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikes2 View Post
do your R0 maintain the clock-time correctly?
Yes, it does, and that's another bug that's been fixed with this new firmware 1.19. When I updated to 1.19 it happened to be the first time I didn't have to set the clock time again. Maybe they will be able to maintain the general settings on their next firmware!!!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:24 AM

By the way, a serious battery life improvement has to be done, don't you think so?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Samsung Moderator

They already improved battery life in DNSe mode with the fw 1.13 so they won't focuse on that anymore

And to safe battery, you can fully turn off your R0 instead of using the standby mode

Old 04-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
They already improved battery life in DNSe mode with the fw 1.13 so they won't focuse on that anymore

And to safe battery, you can fully turn off your R0 instead of using the standby mode
Does it really have a standby mode? I thought the only way to turn it off was to keep the start botton pressed

Tags
1.19, download, firmware, r0, samsung, yepp, yp-r0