android
Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 AM

Default How to get pictures in full RES.

Its pretty simple but you need wifi to do it
1.upload the picture to a image uploaded.
2.foward link to email. Or login to uploader if signed up.
3.save picture through browser
It will come up as full resolution.
I made this thread on my zhd at school so sorry if its sloopy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2010, 11:07 AM

Yes this would work. The question is what's maximum resolution/file size the browser can support and save. 1024x768 images can easily be handled. 3072x2304 images won't even load on the browser.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djca View Post
Yes this would work. The question is what's maximum resolution/file size the browser can support and save. 1024x768 images can easily be handled. 3072x2304 images won't even load on the browser.
Its a step foward from 480x272
I've had no problems getting alot of 1600x1200 on there. Thats high res in my book

Old 04-20-2010, 12:35 AM

Sounds good, although I'd have to resize all my digital cam pictures to whatever the max res it will take on the browser.

Can someone upload multiple file sizes and test them out and see how big you can go?

Old 04-20-2010, 01:28 AM

I exported a 2000x1033 photo, reduced JPEG quality so the size was 188 kB. I was able to load it on the browser and saved to the Zune.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 AM

Hmm.. interesting. A lot of my cam photos with no quality reduction couldn't go much higher than 1600 (after some cropping). I'm assuming there's a image size and resolution limitation.

Btw, it might be important to note that a problem I see with the full res image folders (the reason zune may have kept the option out) is the fact that the zune "loads" all the images before opening the first picture, thus, the more images you have, the longer you have to wait for the first image to open. The zune "loads" all the images ahead of time so you can smoothly transition from picture to picture without reloading each one. I do however like this more than loading each image at a time which can get annoying.

edit: actually i may be wrong, it may load each picture separately? I have 5 images in my folder and they're each about 1mb and then some pictures would show up blank if i tried to browse to them. then eventually my images became distorted and the zune froze and reset itself. it seems like the zune can barely handle hi res images. I think from now on when I view these im going to have to hit "back" to go view a different image rather than browsing since that's what caused the zune to freeze.

Last edited by thygriever; 04-20-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM

Can anyone tell me specifically what sites are working with this? Flickr, Photobucket, and windows live skydrive don't work.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:37 PM

hmm.. i think i had a similar problem as you. I noticed some image hosting sites load/don't load from time to time. Imageshack on my zune works about 1/5th the times I try to use it.

For the most part, tinypic works the best for me. It resizes the images slightly, which I thought was bad at first, however, when the images weren't resized, they tended to not load at all. Tinypic's site usually loads on the zune. Just email yourself the links after you've uploaded them.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 AM

Does anyone know how to change the folder name of where the images save to? Currently everything is saved to RECEIVED PICTURES then INTERNET.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thygriever View Post
Does anyone know how to change the folder name of where the images save to? Currently everything is saved to RECEIVED PICTURES then INTERNET.
Im not sure if you can do this in zune but you can rename folder from zune software.