android
Old 04-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Help MP3v1 and audiobooks w/overdrive/WMP

I use my MP3 exclusively to download audiobooks from the library using Overdrive. Overdrive recently upgraded and required update to Windows Media Player (Security) which I have disovered has to do with DRM files in WMA. Until then I was able to download WMA and MP3 files from the library to Overdrive then transfer to my MP3 -- no problem. NOW I can't download WMA or MP3 files completely. Files will partially download or time out or the system just hangs. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Overdrive and reinstalled the WMP security patch from within Overdrive (Using WMP 10) but I'm still having trouble. Any Help? or do I need a device that can download both kinds of files? Is there such a device? I can see the library is using more WMA -- copyright or size of file I guess. Can't convert the files from Overdrive using SWITCH -- license problems. Tried updating firmware -- I'm at 01.01.11A-D but Sansa Update can't find my device. Before I do a complete manual -- drop and drag -- firmware update 1) Am I simply barking up the wrong tree? MP3 won't do all I want it to do and has been doing up to this point? and 2) I've searched and searched but I haven't seen a definitive firmware version number for the MP3 e260 as of today.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
e260, firmware help, overdrive, wma drm