android
Old 05-22-2010, 11:12 PM

there is no support for DRM protected files. You have to strip the protection off before you can play it with the J3.

Tunebite 7 does a great job of removing the protection and keeps the quality top notch.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-23-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaogre View Post
I scanned the thread and didn't see anything, so I apologize if this topic has been beaten up already... does the J3 have a true line out? If it doesn't, I think I can make an exception. The screen, the expansion slot, the brand rep... mmm.

To all you Cowon owners (and J3 if you've amped one), how is the HO quality? Does it sound good amped too?
dfkt says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
No Cowon has had a line-out since the X5, and that one was much worse sounding than the headphone-out. It's perfectly fine amping the headphone-out for phones that need it.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:29 PM

Isnt the J3 a bit too Brick-ishy - too big to just walk around with it or just fit it in your pocket ?

Can you use Itouch silicon cases on this big boy ? i dont care if you have to stretch it a little....

Does it have alphabetized scrolling like Zens or Sonys ?

Can you use the S9's many themes on that thing ?

Old 05-23-2010, 01:51 PM

@ Cabezazo

Thanks. You killed two birds with one stone. And that works for me. I've been apprehensive about making a proprietary port-to-mini LOC anyway.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta View Post
Isnt the J3 a bit too Brick-ishy - too big to just walk around with it or just fit it in your pocket ?
I'd wager that comes down to personal preference. Dimensions specs have the J3 as comparable to the ZUNE HD and S9. I have neither, but I occasionally pocket my Zune 80 v2 if I'm not wearing my skinny jeans.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM

I agree that the j3 in dimensions doesnt look that much different than the ZHD, But in photos and videos the J3 looks even greater than the palm of the holder while the ZHD looks very handsome in videos lying comfortably in one's hands . But the Zune 80 is ginormous lulz !

Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta View Post
I agree that the j3 in dimensions doesnt look that much different than the ZHD, But in photos and videos the J3 looks even greater than the palm of the holder while the ZHD looks very handsome in videos lying comfortably in one's hands . But the Zune 80 is ginormous lulz !
Ha! It is... relatively. And heavy-ish. In a coat pocket, I bet the J3 is a welcome passenger. Besides, on the bus or whatever, wouldn't you have out to show it off?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaogre View Post
Ha! It is... relatively. And heavy-ish. In a coat pocket, I bet the J3 is a welcome passenger. Besides, on the bus or whatever, wouldn't you have out to show it off?
LOL!

Yes, good point, but not for too long as one wouldn't want to get mugged...safety first!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Many apologies as it has probably been asked so many times your eyes are blurry and your fingers bloody:

When is it coming to the US? Amazon says it is back-ordered until June 2nd.
You don't have to fight the monster, at first you can run away. Later on you can blind it causing it to fall off the balcony. When the opportunity arrives, push it off the bridge. If you have time, you can even put the beast out of its misery.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:42 PM

press link below Hawkshot, as far as i know, it is already in the us officially !

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36321

Old 05-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet as suga View Post
Is there a file limit (maximum number of files) on the J3 internal and external memory?

Is it possible to rewind (RR) and fast forward (FF) through a file straight into the next file? i.e. can I rewind through file 4.d.mp3 and continue rewinding into file 3.c.mp3 and then eventually into 1.a.mp3.

The iaudio 7 allows rewinding and fast forwarding between files. But the Sansa Fuze does not.

With the Fuze once the end or begining of a file is reached, then RR or FF stops, and you have to start your search from the beginning of the new file. Which is useless to me when I just want to replay a few seconds from the end of the last mp3 file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igooor View Post
For the maximum files I don't know. And yes you can continue from one file to another and backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezazo View Post
Yes, there is. As mentioned in iAudiophile, the manual states the player can recognize up to 12,000 folders, and up to 12,000 files (music file: 8,000 + others: 4,000) MicroSD card included.

By the way, I have updated the first post with this information and a few more details.
Thank you.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshot View Post
Many apologies as it has probably been asked so many times your eyes are blurry and your fingers bloody:

When is it coming to the US? Amazon says it is back-ordered until June 2nd.
If you are buying it in the US it is already out. It may be out of stock on amazon but http://www.jetmall.net/ ; http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes ; and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16855228040 have it

Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Thank you for the replies. I think I'll wait for the ABI review before I buy one as my Zune 80 still has life yet in it.
You don't have to fight the monster, at first you can run away. Later on you can blind it causing it to fall off the balcony. When the opportunity arrives, push it off the bridge. If you have time, you can even put the beast out of its misery.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshot View Post
Thank you for the replies. I think I'll wait for the ABI review before I buy one as my Zune 80 still has life yet in it.
Coming from a second generation Zune, you would be hands down overwhelmed with the EQ and audio enhancements on the Cowon. The Zune 80 didn't even have the EQ presets on the first generation or HD models. I have used a Cowon I9 and it is the best sounding player I've ever heard. Cowon's BBE is awesome.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

One thing I missed from the S9 was how easy it was to turn off the screen when just listening to music. I didn't think the J3 would do the same because a tap of the power button would just put the J3 screen on hold, or tap it again to release. What I was delighted to discover was tapping it twice close together would first lock the screen (or both screen and buttons depending on hold mode) and then turn the screen off.

For what it's worth, the J3 weighs 2.8 ounces (78 grams). The Zune HD weighs 2.6 ounces (74 grams).

Zune Size: 52.7 mm x 102.1 mm x 8.9 mm (w x h x d)
Cowon J3: 56.0 mm x 106.5 mm x 9.9 mm

The J3 is just a little larger and heavier than the Zune HD, but still very pocketable. The added weight may be why battery life is so much better on the J3. I'll take it

Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 AM

Thanks Olley for constant feedback, here are some more size related questions :

Isnt the J3 a bit too big to just walk around with it or just fit it in your pocket ?

Can you use Itouch silicon cases on it ? i dont care if you have to stretch it a little....

Old 05-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

its not too big for me, i will post the picture compare with other DAPs later

Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not too big for my pocket either.

Another feature I just found is that you can re-arrange the list order on the 2nd mainmenu. Don't like the time at the top? Tap and hold, then you can slide it to a new position in the list.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i love balance L/R (pan balance?) feature too, its help people with unbalance ears

Old 05-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
i love balance L/R (pan balance?) feature too, its help people with unbalance ears
Sorry for very stupid question, but how do you know if your ears are unbalanced ? Do you check at ENT spe******t ?
i am talking about small unbalance off course not like if you are half deaf at one ear

Tags
cowon, faq, j3