android
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Where did you hear that?
Oh, I've never heard that, I think you didn't understand my bad English, I just wanted to know if it is supported.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Ah. No, it sure is not. No portable player supports Flash 10, to the best of my knowledge - or any non-Lite Flash version for that matter.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 PM

Which Flash Player and ActionScript that supports it?

You have a Cowon, right?
Can you maybe test app that I created?
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=54487

Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 PM

No one seems to care what video files it supports which is strange...cause why would you buy such a large mp4 player just for audio - is album art that exciting to look at?

So what video files does it support?

Last edited by Olphus; 04-27-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Hi, I've been trying to find info on this player as well, and I came across some stuff that might be relevant to international features.

http://www.cowonjapan.com/zeroboard/...u=support_wide

Cowon Japan appears to be announcing a May 15th release date in Japan, with the 16GB version going for around $277 US.

The photos of the J3 lack the DMB button and the Dictionary button. So, it seems these functions may simply be taken out for international releases.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olphus View Post
No one seems to care what video files it supports which is strange...cause why would you buy such a large mp4 player just for audio - is album art that exciting to look at?

So what video files does it support?
According to the official video-related specs:
  • File Formats: AVI, WMV, ASF
  • Video Codecs: DivX 3/4/5, Xvid SP/ASP, WMV 7/8/9
  • Resolution: 480x272, 30fps
  • Audio Codecs: MPEG1 Layer 1/2/3, WMA
  • Subtitles: SMI
Two iAudiophile.net forum members mention the J3 could support some H.264-encoded videos too based on their experience with the S9 and the similarities between both players:

Snippet of Goop member comments:
"I've gotten some H.264 videos ( with MP3 audio ) to play on the S9 and others have too, even if the S9 is picky about which H.264 videos it will play."
Snippet of Sameer member comments:
"It has been seen that S9 can play H.264(Baseline) flawlessly with few tweaks,along with .AAC audio,which is again not officially supported by S9,since video capability of J3 and S9 are same,J3 may also play H.264 encoded videos."

Old 04-28-2010, 08:25 PM

I saw some pics of the tactical buttons on the J3 and was wonder if the power switch is a push button or a slide button (like that of the S9 and Zen).

Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM

Pre-order at Amazon US 8G - $200 16 - $240

Old 04-29-2010, 09:27 AM

Just to clarify the above:

The 8GB model is white and the 16GB model is black. No other options are being offered, at least on Amazon's site.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 AM

Works the Dark Evolution on the Cowon J3?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Smile Where's a "thank you" button when you need one?

Thank you, cabezazo.

I ordered one at Jetmall.net today. Now I'm shopping around for a micro SD card.

Creative MuVo TX FM | MPIO One | Sansa Clip | iAudio 6 | Cowon D2 (2) | S9 | J3

Old 05-07-2010, 03:44 PM

Is there a file limit (maximum number of files) on the J3 internal and external memory?

Is it possible to rewind (RR) and fast forward (FF) through a file straight into the next file? i.e. can I rewind through file 4.d.mp3 and continue rewinding into file 3.c.mp3 and then eventually into 1.a.mp3.

The iaudio 7 allows rewinding and fast forwarding between files. But the Sansa Fuze does not.

With the Fuze once the end or begining of a file is reached, then RR or FF stops, and you have to start your search from the beginning of the new file. Which is useless to me when I just want to replay a few seconds from the end of the last mp3 file.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Hmm this is a tough call. Considering that I got the sony X it is a tough one. Does it have gapless??? I just been wondering. I'm already against it because lack of wifi/h.264. Now before everyone gets on my case about wifi I'd honestly tell you'd all to put a lid on it.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiweiyen View Post
I was wondering if the power switch is a push button or a slide button (like that of the S9 and Zen).
It's a push button. Push the other end to lock/unlock the screen. No sliding.

I've gotten some H.264 MP4 files to play perfectly, where others would not. Same as on my S9.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 PM

I see so it's, basically the same player all the way down to the core. Yep might be time for the s9 although the battery seems to take a dive in the later lifespan.

for the h264 is there any specific settings in handbrake I need to be aware??? I've mostly haven't seen anything going on with it

Old 05-14-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiweiyen View Post
I saw some pics of the tactical buttons on the J3 and was wonder if the power switch is a push button or a slide button (like that of the S9 and Zen).
It has push button. You hold it to awake player if it is in sleep mode or off. And press it to lock and unlock it. 2 pushes to turn off screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet as suga View Post
Is there a file limit (maximum number of files) on the J3 internal and external memory?

Is it possible to rewind (RR) and fast forward (FF) through a file straight into the next file? i.e. can I rewind through file 4.d.mp3 and continue rewinding into file 3.c.mp3 and then eventually into 1.a.mp3.

The iaudio 7 allows rewinding and fast forwarding between files. But the Sansa Fuze does not.

With the Fuze once the end or begining of a file is reached, then RR or FF stops, and you have to start your search from the beginning of the new file. Which is useless to me when I just want to replay a few seconds from the end of the last mp3 file.
For the maximum files I don't know. And yes you can continue from one file to another and backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysg View Post
Hmm this is a tough call. Considering that I got the sony X it is a tough one. Does it have gapless??? I just been wondering. I'm already against it because lack of wifi/h.264. Now before everyone gets on my case about wifi I'd honestly tell you'd all to put a lid on it.
It has gapless playback. All the files which I have encoded whit h.264 did play, but I only have 5. I hope that someone will get MicroSD WiFi card to see if it works.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 PM

I don't think wifi will happen in microsd format 1. that is way too much money to waste.

2. coding a driver for use in a pmp sounds like an overcomplicated concept.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysg View Post
I see so it's, basically the same player all the way down to the core.
From a quick glance it looks that way. But the UI is definitely faster/smoother. The speaker is a nice addition. MicroSD support is fantastic, and microSD media appears to be sorted along with on-board files. It plays some WMA lossless files my S9 choked on.

I'm looking forward to a teardown to see what is different internally. That boost to 64 hours playback came from either a more efficient processor or a larger battery, yet the J3 weighs a little less than the S9.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet as suga View Post
Yes, there is. As mentioned in iAudiophile, the manual states the player can recognize up to 12,000 folders, and up to 12,000 files (music file: 8,000 + others: 4,000) MicroSD card included.

By the way, I have updated the first post with this information and a few more details.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM

I scanned the thread and didn't see anything, so I apologize if this topic has been beaten up already... does the J3 have a true line out? If it doesn't, I think I can make an exception. The screen, the expansion slot, the brand rep... mmm.

To all you Cowon owners (and J3 if you've amped one), how is the HO quality? Does it sound good amped too?

Last edited by Mediaogre; 05-22-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Tags
cowon, faq, j3