android
Old 04-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Default Question about Zune Pass & Xbox Live

I would ask this on Zune.net's forums but it's blocked where I am right now

My Zune account is tied to my Xbox Live account; same email address. I use the 12 month subscription cards to pay for my XBL account because I have heard the horror stories of Microsoft automatically billing you for another month if they have your credit card # and you let your XBL subscription run out.

I am interested in trying out the Zune Pass which I believe you have to pay by credit card. However, if I sign up for Zune Pass with my credit card, will Microsoft use the same card # to pay for XBL if I let my XBL subscription run out?

If somehow anyone here has any insight on the situation, let me know !

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2010, 02:56 PM

Zune Pass cards are also available if you don't want your credit card tied to your XBL/Zune account --- https://zunestore.net/us/catalog/ZuneCards.aspx

Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM

You have the ability to turn off automatic renewal - check account settings on the xbox or xbox.com.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM

Can you get the 14 day free trial if you use Zune Pass cards? Also, I'm not sure where to get them. My local Best Buy doesn't have them and I was hoping to try it today.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:36 PM

oh my god. I just went to xbox.com and had to click a dozen links till I finally found the option to turn off auto renewal. Then it kept spamming me about games and "are you sure" pages at least 3 times and wanted me to call their 800 # but it finally let me turn it off. Is the Zune Marketplace this bad too?

Thank you p0ke37 for the idea.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Zune Moderator

Nope it's a simple 2 or 3 clicks.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 PM

That's good. I'm on day one of my Zune Pass trial and so far I'm enjoying it. The AV dock on the other hand was a nightmare to set up.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonousjuice View Post
That's good. I'm on day one of my Zune Pass trial and so far I'm enjoying it. The AV dock on the other hand was a nightmare to set up.
ummmm...its like 3 chords..power, and HDMI....and the antenne....how hard is that?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
ummmm...its like 3 chords..power, and HDMI....and the antenne....how hard is that?
LOL! yea you'd think it would be easy but it took me 2+ hours to get it working, particularly the remote...

I hooked everything up and had the Zune HD docked next to my TV. The remote would barely respond. Took a dozen clicks just to get it to move up or down. Sounds like a weak or dead battery right? wrong!!! When I used the remote, my TV's status light would blink like it's trying to accept the Zune dock's remote signal. So I tried moving the docking station to various parts of the room, having to use extension cables and all kinds of crap but no matter what, the remote would barely respond no matter how far away I am from the dock. I then set it up in a totally different room to a different TV (same cables) and magically the remote works perfect. But the whole reason for this dock is to have it in my living room with a big TV & stereo, so I moved it back and was determine to get it working. So I assumed it had to be some kind of IR interference coming from the TV since that was the ONLY thing different between the two rooms that I tried (or so I thought) so I spent the next hour trying to figure out how I could block the IR signals interfering with the Zune dock.
Then for some reason, I decided to try using the remote in the dark, I turned off the lights and it started to work perfect!!! Well now I'm getting some where but I can't sit in the dark the whole time. So I started turning on & off various light sources till I found the culprit. It was my IKEA lamp with their stupid "low-energy" bulb that was causing some kind of interference with the remote. It's not even that bright, in fact, it's a very dim crappy light source but when it's turned off, the remote works fine, even with tons of other lights on in the room.
THAT IS WHY IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!! lol but now that it's working, I'm enjoying it. I just wonder how many IKEA shoppers have tried swapping their Zune AV docks.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Zune Moderator

must be the frequency of the lights or something.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:11 PM

yup, I did some googling and found this:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/ear...e/cfl-bulb.htm

"CFL bulbs can, in rare cases, interfere with electronic equipment. This interference is caused by infrared (IR) light, which CFLs produce and which IR readers can interpret as a signal."

...guess I'll be sticking with old fashion light bulbs!