android
Old 05-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sweet pics - loving it. Now I'm waiting for mine to get here. I have the i-nique apocalypse case on my X now, and I'll use my pa2v2 as my amp till I get an upgrade later on.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned

The line out has opened up the sound stage considerably (IMO) it also has made it sound quite dynamic! , I had a little trouble EQ'ing it right, but I've got it down now. I played Massive Attacks Paradise Circus (Gui Boratto remix) That song has bass that goes DOWN, and if I turn the clear bass up, it will do that mid effect thing on any headphones I use... I Dunno, I usually stay away from the clear bass so it doesn't bother me, (I usually use my Sony MDR-CD2000's so I use the EQ to turn the higher freq's down cause they're bright, but I never mess with the bass) but I'll get to the bottom of it anyway

Old 05-09-2010, 01:07 AM

i must agreed the line out is wonderful

Old 05-09-2010, 02:59 PM

Wow with all this line out goodies, I actually want to buy one now

Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM

quite irritated by the clear bass problem
juz found out tt lowering the clear bass to 1 or 0 doesn't solve the problem too
but lowering to 1 it's nt as bad as setting it to 2 or 3 and after some settings on the eq
im still satisfied now

Last edited by xokokx; 05-10-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned

My friend who I get sony stuff from has an ALO one! He uses it in his car because he likes to control the volume from his steering wheel, any way, The ALO ones do it too, I'd imagine they all do it, the fact you are using what memory serves are the most sensitive IEM's out there (The Westone UM3's) probably isn't helping much. I wish I could help you more, but it looks like this is just how Sony's are, as for a solution, You should try and see if you could audition some amps with bass control for your bass needs. (the amp I'm buying has one, so this is my solution too)

Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 PM

thanks for the help ...

Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM

Can someone explain to me what these walkman LODs do? My understanding was Line Out usually were before any equalizers etc - but it sounds like with these ones you can still use the equalisers?? If so what is the difference - where is the signal coming from with these?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Can someone explain to me what these walkman LODs do? My understanding was Line Out usually were before any equalizers etc - but it sounds like with these ones you can still use the equalisers?? If so what is the difference - where is the signal coming from with these?
Im no expert with these Line out stuff but I think it just uses the WM port to transmit the signal from the mp3 to your amp instead of the usual 3.5 mm jack. I'm not sure though.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

It is essentially a pre amplifier output. Have you ever seen a stereo with a pre amp out on the back? Your dap is a mini integrated receiver, and your "speakers" need more power than your "receiver" can provide, or you want a better amplifier then the one in it. You plug the lod in and you only use the "preamplifier" part of your mini integrated receiver. Although in a TRUE High end (NOT Hi-Fi) setup the equalizer goes between the preamplifier (or surround decoder) and the amp (Some Hi-Fi folks, such as myself, don't use equalizers due to the fact they CAN make noise, some tolerate it, I couldn't I can turn everything to max on my system, sit in my listening position, and hear nothing)

Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 PM

Right. I understand the preamp thing - so you are saying that with walkmans the line out is the preamp part but with equalizer either intergrated or after. So I assume that that the gain/level you get out of the line out is far less than the level/gain out of the headphone jack?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
That's what I always thought, too.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Seems this 1 allows EQ and such, but bypasses the volume controls,.......works for me!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM

With all the buzz with this line out cable, I asked my uncle to get me one from the US as well, Because it's going to be shipped twice.. I need to wait for quite a while.. I'll post pics when its here..

Damn you guys for making me buy one JK lol.. Can't wait for it.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 AM

BattleBrat.. Is there a difference between the LOD without the wire and the one with the wire??

Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Banned

The one without the wire is more convenient for use in for instance, a car, AND it would allow you to use those tiny little interconnects you see Adub and Dfkt use (or any 3.5mm male interconnects for that matter). the one with the wire just has a wire and a plug on it. Personally with my new amp (Lisa III XP) I cannot use 3.5mm connectors, so I had to have them custom make me one 12 in long, and had them leave the wire unterminated (no plug on the end just bare wires) I'm going to have to send them to a cable tech so that I can have the Jena Rca plugs that Triad Audio uses on it's Ipod cable installed.

BTW, that ebay seller, if memory serves, ships worldwide, ask them if they'll ship to you, they might.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBrat View Post
The one without the wire is more convenient for use in for instance, a car, AND it would allow you to use those tiny little interconnects you see Adub and Dfkt use (or any 3.5mm male interconnects for that matter). the one with the wire just has a wire and a plug on it. Personally with my new amp (Lisa III XP) I cannot use 3.5mm connectors, so I had to have them custom make me one 12 in long, and had them leave the wire unterminated (no plug on the end just bare wires) I'm going to have to send them to a cable tech so that I can have the Jena Rca plugs that Triad Audio uses on it's Ipod cable installed.

BTW, that ebay seller, if memory serves, ships worldwide, ask them if they'll ship to you, they might.
Yeah.. My uncle bought it for me and shipped it directly to me. I should be getting it within 10 - 18 days..

Old 05-18-2010, 06:34 AM

anyone encounter if u left the sony dock in the player , the batt tend to drain out ?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Can't say for shure, I know my X1061 will completely drain after a couple months on a full charge all on it's own (with nothing attached), actually I've been getting BETTER battery life due to the fact I don't have to crank it for my big phones anymore now that I use an amp.