android
Old 04-13-2010, 08:01 AM

Default Where are the new apps and games?

So, the new 64gb Zune is here, the Kin (kid) phones are here too but not a word about Zune HD Apps and Games (as usual)...Is there anybody who knows more? What was that leak inside Zune's twitter page before a week?

Last edited by Zuniq; 04-14-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know when the next batch will be released, but on Twitter, the Zune team did say more apps are coming soon.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 AM

Yes... Where is YouTube app at? C'mon

Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Windows Phone Moderator

Well I can definitely say that the new apps are closer with your post, than the previous post on abi asking the same question....and next time you ask - I reckon they will be closer again to release !

Seriously, MS were probably allowing a busy announcement/release schedule over late March-Early April (Mix, Keynotes, 4.5, Kin etc) to pass, then after the 64GB Zune HD is shipping via resellers and stocked in the supply chain, their marketing team will probably want more market noise by then slotting in some content updates for Zune...

That's my guess anyways.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

How many app developers are working on apps for the Zune HD? The android app store grows every day. The itunes app store grows every day. As far as I know the windows mobile app collection grows every day.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Where are the new apps and games? Cupertino.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Where are the new apps and games? Cupertino.
You are joking, right? I asked about the announced apps and games for Zune HD...

Last edited by Zuniq; 04-14-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 PM

I heard the Kin phone will have a YouTube app... That may be good news for us ZuneHD owners who also want a YouTube app ^^ c'mon!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Windows Phone Moderator

Yeah but the Kin runs Silverlight apparently. Does the Zune HD run Silverlight ? Can't recall if it did....

Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 PM

damm im also wondering where the hell are the apps,, its been a week since the firmwire update.. but than again i shouldnt be so impatient cus there is no set date. For all i know the promised apps could come in a month

Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 PM

Well even if they announce a release date, i would have a hard time believing it after last time. (Facebook)

Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrakerone View Post
Well even if they announce a release date, i would have a hard time believing it after last time. (Facebook)
It's a knife that cuts both ways. Facebook was delayed, so we delayed the release date until we were happy with the quality. Zune HD 64GB was early, so we got the product out there earlier than we said we would.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
It's a knife that cuts both ways. Facebook was delayed, so we delayed the release date until we were happy with the quality. Zune HD 64GB was early, so we got the product out there earlier than we said we would.

Cheers, Dave.
So, are the new apps and games delayed? I believe that the message inside Zune twitter was clearly speaking about a simultaneous release of firmware and new content. Are we far from the release of new games or apps? Over a month?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:

Cheers, Dave.
And it was a pleasant surprise, Dave. Thanks! I had to wait a bit to save enough money to get one, so now there's only 2 colors available...so I'll wait and see when the black and purple come back in stock (as gifts to family/friends).

Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 AM

I wonder if some people who wait on here with bated breath for new apps & games for their Zune don't own any other electronic device. I enjoy the few games that are available now and would love to get abunch more. I'll be one of the first people to load them when they're released. However, I've never been sitting around going "I've got nothing to do! When will my Zune have a new game?!?!". If they said "Next game will be Ninja Gaiden" then I can understand the anticipation, but when the next game could be "Vans Sk8 2," don't get all excited.

Unless they did announce games/apps coming up and I missed the announcement. If so, what are they?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Let's see around my room... ZuneHD is all I got, but PGR app keeps me busy love that app! Yeah, no announcement on the app/game titles but all we know is their is apps/games coming but we don't know when -.-#

Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
So, are the new apps and games delayed? I believe that the message inside Zune twitter was clearly speaking about a simultaneous release of firmware and new content. Are we far from the release of new games or apps? Over a month?
But you know that Dave wont answer that question dont you ?

anyway i my hopes for youtube app has been reborn since i saw Kin1,Kin2 and i read about their similarity with zhd

Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
No, the next release of apps and games is not delayed. There was some wording on the Twitter page that implied new apps and games would be delivered as part of the firmware update, but as I clarified - apps and games are not part of the firmware, so that was incorrect.

I can't tell you when - but the next release is not too far away.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 AM

Sounds good! Any hints as to perhaps one or two apps/games you're working on? I'm looking forward to it!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
No, the next release of apps and games is not delayed. There was some wording on the Twitter page that implied new apps and games would be delivered as part of the firmware update, but as I clarified - apps and games are not part of the firmware, so that was incorrect.

I can't tell you when - but the next release is not too far away.

Cheers, Dave.
...anyway, thanks for the reply ...i was expecting this answer...