android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
(1)I don't think that i have seen extreme 'audiophile' comments in here...I believe that everyone here can understand the importance of each format. I strongly support flac but i never thought myself as an audiophile...i haven't got golden wires and $$$$$ of equipment..anyway, (2)IMO its not appropriate to think anyone in this community as an audiophile...audiophiles don't listen to music on the road and when they have to, they buy devices like a Hifiman PMP...an interesting concept, but also stupid...
(1)Then you need to expand your horizons and read through the rest of the forums - it'll be an eye-opening experience.

(2)You feel audiophiles aren't in the forums, and you deem it inappropriate to think so, then as suggested by me - look throughout the forums,........it's a shocker!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
I also want to add for the OP, that it WON'T be easy to sync and manage your flac collection with Zune software (it doesn't recognize flac files)...so, you won't use any of the Zune software features with your flac files and you will have to find a way to filter, pick, copy and transcode files outside Zune software, and then add them to a Zune monitored folder and sync them to Zune HD.
I don't plan on managing my FLAC's with the Zune. I have both a FLAC library AND a V0 library. But the tedious filtering you mention above is the what I'm experiencing now with a 32GB player - I have to pick what I want, then have it transcoded to V2 to fit on my Zen. MediaMonkey does the sync/transcode automatically, but it still takes overnight to do a full sync. With the Zune, I could just simply point the software to my V0 library and click sync.

Anyways, thanks to all for the replies. I think I will be getting a 64GB Zune HD eventually (when the price is right). Whatever enhancements they make with the rumored HD2, I will more than likely not use of them anyways if I'm only using this for music.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
Anyways, thanks to all for the replies. I think I will be getting a 64GB Zune HD eventually (when the price is right). Whatever enhancements they make with the rumored HD2, I will more than likely not use of them anyways if I'm only using this for music.

There is no official info about an HD2 yet, so, if you really like HD 64, go and get it..it will work fine for you if you have your whole library converted to mp3.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 PM

I really like the Zune HD but I am not sure it is for everyone and I am not sure it is the best thing going for just a straight music player. The interface is slick but, if you are just talking music, that probably doesn't matter as much. And, if your primary use is music for the car, aren't there other options out there that can integrate to a car stereo easier?

Personally, as much as I love it, if there wasn't a Zune Pass, I probably wouldn't even own a Zune HD...even though I do use the player for more than just music (podcasts and a little bit of internet).

The Zune HD is slick and fun to use but most of that enjoyment, for me anyway, is Zune Pass related...smartdj, marketplace on the tv, integrated marketplace on the player, channels, etc. Without that stuff, I could be using just about any decent mp3 player and be just fine.