android
Old 04-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Page List of Zune HD Bugs/Issues

List of Zune HD Bugs and Issues
Refreshed every update, this list will include all issues and bugs that are found.
Current firmware version: 4.5
Hardware Version: 1st Generation Zune HD

FIRMWARE ISSUES
  • Some areas on the screen will appear lighter and some areas darker, seen easily during nighttime or in a dark room.
  • Tilting the web browser just after opening it will produce a white box on a black background that shifts around in various directions as you tilt the device.
  • The touchscreen sometimes doesn't respond while charging the device.
  • The touchscreen sometimes doesn't respond at all.
  • If an object on the Pins, History, or New menu is pressed while scrolling up and down, there will be a slight lag through the transition.
  • There is a slight lag when exiting the photo viewer.
  • The "Add to Background" button is misplaced while viewing photos with the device tilted in landscape mode.
  • The "e" in "Marketplace" is cutoff on the main menu. (Not much of an issue)
  • Sometimes when waking up the device, the "Now Playing" screen flashes and the lock screen appears quickly after.
  • The date is being tracked through the device, however cannot be viewed (using the zNotes unofficial app, you can view the current date on the device)
  • Sometimes playing and pausing the music through the "compass" causes the screen to lag for a split second.

SOFTWARE ISSUES
  • Syncing playlists to the device through "Sync to [device name] sometimes does not work
  • Adding objects to sync while the device is syncing sometimes does not work
  • Sometimes tracks will be marked as from a different artist even with the correct album info

You can help contribute by listing your own bugs and issues.

Last edited by Briankealing; 04-12-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-11-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankealing View Post
  • The "e" in "Marketplace" is cutoff on the main menu.
That's not a bug. Believe it or not it's intentional. If you haven't noticed, the design element of Metro cuts off words.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:46 PM

I realize it's not really a bug, but more of an issue. It's not irritating at all, just something I'd like to point out.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankealing View Post
List of Zune HD Bugs and Issues
Refreshed every update, this list will include all issues and bugs that are found.
Current firmware version: 4.5
Hardware Version: 1st Generation Zune HD

FIRMWARE ISSUES
  • Some areas on the screen will appear lighter and some areas darker, seen easily during nighttime or in a dark room.
  • Tilting the web browser just after opening it will produce a white box on a black background that shifts around in various directions as you tilt the device.
  • The touchscreen sometimes doesn't respond while charging the device.
  • The touchscreen sometimes doesn't respond at all.
  • If an object on the Pins, History, or New menu is pressed while scrolling up and down, there will be a slight lag through the transition.
  • There is a slight lag when exiting the photo viewer.
  • The "Add to Background" button is misplaced while viewing photos with the device tilted in landscape mode.
  • The "e" in "Marketplace" is cutoff on the main menu. (Not much of an issue)
  • Sometimes when waking up the device, the "Now Playing" screen flashes and the lock screen appears quickly after.
  • The date is being tracked through the device, however cannot be viewed (using the zNotes unofficial app, you can view the current date on the device)

SOFTWARE ISSUES
  • Syncing playlists to the device through "Sync to [device name] sometimes does not work
  • Adding objects to sync while the device is syncing sometimes does not work

You can help contribute by listing your own bugs and issues.

The "Add to Background" button is misplaced while viewing photos with the device tilted in landscape mode.

What do you mean by this? ^^

Old 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM

I don't know how to reproduce this, but I have a few tracks that both the device and software say are by another artist.
Example, both software and device think 30 Seconds To Mars is the band Disturbed (I don't even have any of their music). Even though the tags are correct, and the device displays that the song is by 30 Seconds, when in artist view it shows the band Disturbed and has all the info (photos, bio) as being by the band Disturbed. In the software, it is the same. When you go to 'more about 30 Seconds to Mars" it takes you to the page for the band Disturbed.
I would guess that most people do not experience this, particularly with this band, but I've seen posts on the zune.net forums of a similar nature with different artists. My guess is that its related to a stray MP3 that was improperly tagged or missing info, the software corrected it (incorrectly) as best as it could and somehow spread that correction across the rest of that artist's library. Turning off auto-fill on metadata was suggested as a preventative solution, but does not fix anything retroactively (again, all of the tracks are properly tagged). I also might add that this issue existed for me prior to 4.5.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 PM

The browser can no longer save passwords between sessions.

I have observed however that exiting the browser and opening it right away does not reproduce the problem, but after a while it forgets password info (possibly a cookie issue, but I have my cookies turned on).

Old 04-11-2010, 10:54 PM

screen flicker

Old 04-12-2010, 12:44 AM

Firmware Issue:
- Repeat turns off after you change a song.
- It shows the battery empty on lock screen after turning it on. This happens randomly.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
The "Add to Background" button is misplaced while viewing photos with the device tilted in landscape mode.
What do you mean by this? ^^
If you view a picture in landscape the set as backgroundd button is off center.
For me, at least.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 AM

when I pause a 4 hour mp3 that is labeled as a podcast, if the Zune HD goes into power save mode, after turning the screen back on, the play/pause button doesn't come up when I tap the screen. I have to select Back and then Resume. Previous firmware, it worked fine.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Some areas on the screen will appear lighter and some areas darker, seen easily during nighttime or in a dark room.
This is called "clouding" and it's a technical limitation. It was a huge knock against LCDs during the LCD/Plasma/DLP debates. LED-based LCDs have the issue greatly reduced, and OLED even further reduces the issue, but it's still there to a degree. This is a hardware issue that MS can't fix via a firmware update. It should get better in future devices as OLED matures (for example, the new "Super" AMOLED display in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S is easily visible even in bright sunlight).

But seriously, if you're going to list that as a bug, you might as well list the screen not being visible in bright sunlight, as that's another hardware limitation.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzonabay View Post
I don't know how to reproduce this, but I have a few tracks that both the device and software say are by another artist.
Example, both software and device think 30 Seconds To Mars is the band Disturbed (I don't even have any of their music). Even though the tags are correct, and the device displays that the song is by 30 Seconds, when in artist view it shows the band Disturbed and has all the info (photos, bio) as being by the band Disturbed. In the software, it is the same. When you go to 'more about 30 Seconds to Mars" it takes you to the page for the band Disturbed.
I would guess that most people do not experience this, particularly with this band, but I've seen posts on the zune.net forums of a similar nature with different artists. My guess is that its related to a stray MP3 that was improperly tagged or missing info, the software corrected it (incorrectly) as best as it could and somehow spread that correction across the rest of that artist's library. Turning off auto-fill on metadata was suggested as a preventative solution, but does not fix anything retroactively (again, all of the tracks are properly tagged). I also might add that this issue existed for me prior to 4.5.
I also have this issue. Even worse, it's the Orange Box Soundtrack and the Zune thinks it's part of some band I've never heard of.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 AM

facebook. some of us still can't see anything other than our pictures, the rest is just the shell of the interface...

Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM

When I set shuffle playlist, I will occasionally get a sound glitch. After song A is done, it plays some part of song B (somewhere in the middle to end) for about a second, stop abruptly, then play song B from the beginning. The proper way would be after song A is done, song B should be played from the beginning :P.

This happened in 4.3 as well. I thought the firmware update would reset it properly, but I guess not. Haven't seen anyone else mention this issue, so it may just be my Zune >_>

Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressstart View Post
When I set shuffle playlist, I will occasionally get a sound glitch. After song A is done, it plays some part of song B (somewhere in the middle to end) for about a second, stop abruptly, then play song B from the beginning. The proper way would be after song A is done, song B should be played from the beginning :P.

This happened in 4.3 as well. I thought the firmware update would reset it properly, but I guess not. Haven't seen anyone else mention this issue, so it may just be my Zune >_>
That has never happened to me.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressstart View Post

Your not alone, that happens to me too. I don't usually listen to play lists so it not a major concern for me, but it was a little unnerving when it did happen the first couple times since I thought my computer was messing up when ripping my cd's. I don't shuffle my play lists it just does it going down the list.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Bug:
Twice today when I entered the last pin to my 4 numbered password the ZuneHD froze dead.... Hope this will not continue.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonousjuice View Post
when I pause a 4 hour mp3 that is labeled as a podcast, if the Zune HD goes into power save mode, after turning the screen back on, the play/pause button doesn't come up when I tap the screen. I have to select Back and then Resume. Previous firmware, it worked fine.
I realized if I wait 15+ seconds the play/pause button will eventually come up. The screen is not frozen though because I can immediately select "back" and resume. Again this is a new occurance after updating the firmware.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u5 View Post
Firmware Issue:
- Repeat turns off after you change a song.
To clarify this, the repeat 1 track gets turned off after you change songs or track, going to no repeat at all. You'll need to hit the repeat button to set it back up. Repeat playlist still lives on after changing songs though.

EDIT: Found some very annoying ones related to listening to music and playing games. When I'm playing a game, in particular, Sudoku and Texas Hold'em, it gets to the point where when I tap the screen, the current song speeds up slightly. It sounds sooo damn annoying. Then I have 1 song where when it gets to it on the playlist, the volume drops soooo low I can barely hear it. This is on volume 1. If I rewind it via accessing the side button, volumes goes back to normal. Grr....

Last edited by pressstart; 04-20-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: More

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Facebook will sometimes crash when its loading (while on the user/pass screen) and you try to switch the song at the same time... it always become laggy (when it dont crash) when the music control options appear... i suppose its memory related...
-----
PGR acceleration pedal can from time to time stop to work for no reason... my finger is on the pedal but the speed is decreasing like if my finger was not on it... i must tap a couple of time on the pedal to make it work again...