android
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 AM

i dont think all of these request will happend.because it seems like nobody cares what we are requesting.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2010, 07:49 PM

1) Option to disable the formatting dialog that appears when you enter the wrong PIN three times
2) Ability to login to Zune account from device
3) Podcast downloading on-device
4) Improve browser...a lot.

I want my Zune to be able to operate independently of my PC. Which means I want it to be able to downloading podcast episodes directly from the Internet, and login to my Zune account without a PC.

And also, disable that stupid formatting message. People occasionally try to use my Zune and instead have it format itself when they're trying to guess my PIN. It's happened enough that it gets very frustrating, especially because it always happens when I'm away from my main PC for a while. A week ago my Zune got erased, but I didn't panic, because I have a Zune Pass and knew I could redownload my favorite music. I was wrong. When I tried to do that, it said that it couldn't sign-in and I needed to sign in using the PC software and sync it. One hour later after syncing it on an old XP laptop laying around in an entirely-Mac house, it signed in and downloaded 3GB of music off the 'net. I am now seriously considering switching to an iPod touch, because of these two seemingly-minor problems. So please, please fix at least the first two problems in the next firmware update.</rant>

Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soren121 View Post
1) Option to disable the formatting dialog that appears when you enter the wrong PIN three times
[snipped]
so what would the point of that be? the formatting dialog is there to stop a thief or random person who 'found' your zune from stealing your content (family pics, music, etc.) AND using your account to buy from FM, buy from the marketplace, etc. If you are more worried about the formatting of your device then don't use the PIN feature.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
so what would the point of that be? the formatting dialog is there to stop a thief or random person who 'found' your zune from stealing your content (family pics, music, etc.) AND using your account to buy from FM, buy from the marketplace, etc. If you are more worried about the formatting of your device then don't use the PIN feature.
Having an option to disable auto-formatting doesn't have to mean deactivating the PIN. A feature could simply be added which gives users a choice (crazy, I know) between either formatting after 3 incorrect PIN attempts or continuing to show the PIN screen until either a correct PIN is entered (no matter how many attempts it takes) or the HD is connected to its primary PC.

And if a user-selectable option is just too taboo, the HD could instead be programmed keep showing the PIN screen indefinitely and only auto-format once reconnected to a computer (since it seems you need a computer connection to reauthorize the player anyway).

Last edited by epithetless; 07-14-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
If you are more worried about the formatting of your device then don't use the PIN feature.
With the friends I have, if you don't have a PIN, they'll set one to lock me out of my device =(
Probably cause they're jealous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
A feature could simply be added which gives users a choice (crazy, I know) between either formatting after 3 incorrect PIN attempts or continuing to show the PIN screen until either a correct PIN is entered (no matter how many attempts it takes) or the HD is connected to its primary PC.
This choice is already given. After three attempts, a dialog screen pops up asking if you'd like to format. Hitting No gives you another shot at the PIN.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvarice View Post
[snipped]
This choice is already given. After three attempts, a dialog screen pops up asking if you'd like to format. Hitting No gives you another shot at the PIN.
Yes, exactly. However, the missing option (in my opinion) is the ability to connect to the linked PC, and override or reset the PIN without erasing the device.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Yes, exactly. However, the missing option (in my opinion) is the ability to connect to the linked PC, and override or reset the PIN without erasing the device.
exactly what i suggested earlier, however, you need to plug it in to only your main sync computer to do this, not just any one.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvarice View Post
Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 PM

I thinj they should add a category style thing to the pins, so I don't have like 20 internet pages on my main screen.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 PM

Apps need better organization. Alphabet tiles at least, if not categorization by type (like in the Marketplace).

Old 07-15-2010, 02:08 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenArms3 View Post
Apps need better organization. Alphabet tiles at least, if not categorization by type (like in the Marketplace).
To tie into this, I'd like to see folder creation for apps and videos. My videos list is getting WAY too long.

One can argue that the Metro UI used is very similar to Sony's XMB (PS3, PSP, Bravia line, some BRD players, etc.). You can create groups and folders in some cases there as well.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
To tie into this, I'd like to see folder creation for apps and videos. My videos list is getting WAY too long.
That's basically what I'm asking for.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living In Lies View Post
That's basically what I'm asking for.
Along with being able to pin a folder to Quickplay, I'm thinking, yes. Those two features would greatly improve an already excellent UI in my opinion.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:25 PM

I'd like to see something like the "People Hub" on WP7 on the Zune: Facebook, Twitter, Live and email. Maybe it could be an extension of the Social menu?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 PM

How about no 4.7 firmware at all, but a backport of WP7.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenArms3 View Post
How about no 4.7 firmware at all, but a backport of WP7.
How about no backport of WP7, but a full version of WP7? :3

Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 PM

Windows Zune 7 ftw!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankealing View Post
How about no backport of WP7, but a full version of WP7? :3
All I mean by backport is, disabling features which are not compatible (features that rely on cellular radio and data, speaker or microphone, camera, etc)

Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 PM

That would be pretty cool, but I would want it to be optional, it's like when xbox had the dashboard update, I liked the old version better.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soren121 View Post
Every option is another option you have to set. As most people do not need this, it will not get added.