android
Old 04-28-2010, 02:11 AM

WPA2 support is CRUCIAL!

That and a custom EQ are waht I feel are the 2 biggest omissions at the moment.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

I see a couple of requests for WPA2 support...it's there already. Perhaps you all mean enterprise support?

And, I want volume leveling!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM

All about sound enhancement/equalizer.

In fact, I'd say forget about simply adding a customizable equalizer; go straight to adding high quality proprietary enhancement algorithms similar to what Sony has with S-master on its X series or Cowon has with JetEffects on its players.

Bump up the sound quality on this device, and it would be untouchable.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeroux View Post
In fact, I'd say forget about simply adding a customizable equalizer; go straight to adding high quality proprietary enhancement algorithms similar to what Sony has with S-master on its X series or Cowon has with JetEffects on its players.
Er, if they ever go so far as to manufacture advanced equalization algorithms for the Zune HD, they better not skip the customizable EQ. Once we (finally) get direct control over our equalization, though, I'd be fine with other sound enhancements being added.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM

have an e-mail client integrated into the home screen with some sort of notification balloon for new e-mails,
calandar (useless to me unless it syncs with outlook but others want...i am a giver)
youtube
AC3 audio support
MKV video support

an option to delete the social tab on the home screen..mine is useless to me
an option to change the font and color of the home screen text
landscape layout.
podcast DL in wireless marketplace
different setup for apps menu..or at least the click a block to go to the alphabet thing.
better wireless range if that is possible through firmware update
ability to set background image
clock, battery, wi-fi,play/pause on every screen.
if it is possible, get the zune to recognise artist playing on the radio and give the pics/bio/related and stuff like that.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:47 AM

Man, you guys need to fix the browser..
Loading the full desktop version of a website (engadget, gizmodo, nytimes, etc.) will crash the browser -.-

Old 05-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
Man, you guys need to fix the browser..
Loading the full desktop version of a website (engadget, gizmodo, nytimes, etc.) will crash the browser -.-
Agreed. Mobile version work like a charm, but I need my desktop version.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 PM

My vote is for the custom EQ - it`s a must have for anybody even remotely an audiphile- and also some improvements on the picture viewing; for such an advanced device, it sucks that the pictures keep getting scaled down!!! Flash would be great too, but i doubt it`ll happen...

Old 05-01-2010, 09:00 PM

+1 for the custom eq, that was my biggest challenge when switching from my S9, BBE made everything sound so good, if MS added anything close to that i would jizz

Old 05-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Search feature via Music... So many times I tried to find this one song but having a very large music library finding this one song is hard but can easily be found if I searched for it...

Old 05-07-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Bing App

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAlmix View Post
- Add A Homepage Option for Browser
- DON'T RESET when 3rd party apps are exited
- Thumbnails for videos should be chosen not just a random part of the video
- Maybe a music visualizer?
- Hate to be like everyone else, but a Yotube APP!
- WPA2 Support

Bugs that need to be fixed
- On facebook you can't select the status update anymore it just tells you where it originated from
- When you start the browser there is a odd white block there
Wait, all of the videos I have use cover art as the thumbnail. Same way you make cover art for albums. If you dont create cover art for it it will choose a random piece of the video, this happens on desktops also.

I don't want a youtube app. I want a full blown Bing application that leverages maps, travel, local, search, video, etc.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerbad View Post
Wait, all of the videos I have use cover art as the thumbnail. Same way you make cover art for albums. If you dont create cover art for it it will choose a random piece of the video, this happens on desktops also.
There is no way to set the "cover art" for videos using the Zune software. The Zune software selects what appears to be a "random" screenshot. If you manage to set the thumbnail/cover art using some 3rd party utility and that video is already cataloged by the software, the only way to get the software to recognize the new thumbnail is to close the software, rename the file, and start the software.... or delete the Zune software database and allow it to rebuild the entire collection.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:46 PM

My 4.7 requests:
- fix all outstanding bugs
- add a sleep timer

That's all that I've requested for every firmware release since 1.4. Microsoft continues to stiff-arm those requests.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
My 4.7 requests:
- add a sleep timer

That's all that I've requested for every firmware release since 1.4. Microsoft continues to stiff-arm those requests.
the sleep timer work-around is easy! Build a playlist of the desired sleep timer duration. The unit will shut down approx. 5 minutes after the playlist finishes.
Oh.... and fix all outstanding bugs...? Yeah, right. Every new release introduces the potential for new bugs...

Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
the sleep timer work-around is easy! Build a playlist of the desired sleep timer duration. The unit will shut down approx. 5 minutes after the playlist finishes.
Oh.... and fix all outstanding bugs...? Yeah, right. Every new release introduces the potential for new bugs...
Thanks for the tip on working around the lack of a sleep timer.

As for bug fixes, that is a weak copout. There are outstanding unresolved bugs that have been around for at least 2.5 years. Not only has Microsoft failed to fix those bugs, the refuse to acknowledge that those bugs exist even though I have provided details on the root cause and how to recreate them on-demand.

It is simply adding insult to injury when they introduce fluff new features (that basically do nothing more than pimp the Zune Marketplace) while bugs remain unaddressed.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the tip on working around the lack of a sleep timer.

As for bug fixes, that is a weak copout. There are outstanding unresolved bugs that have been around for at least 2.5 years. Not only has Microsoft failed to fix those bugs, the refuse to acknowledge that those bugs exist even though I have provided details on the root cause and how to recreate them on-demand.

It is simply adding insult to injury when they introduce fluff new features (that basically do nothing more than pimp the Zune Marketplace) while bugs remain unaddressed.
point me to your posts on these, and I will point the team to them. However, there is no 'copout' here... there will always be bugs and issues, especially with software that runs on systems like windows where there are a million suppliers of software and hardware. "fix all outstanding bugs" is the kind of statement that gets very little attention...as there is little actionable in that. Your suspected bug, or my suspected bug can too easily be caused by someone else and outside the control of MS.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 AM

Add me to the list of requesting a Custom EQ. I think if MS wants this to truly be an audio/video media player above everything else the eq should be a priority.

On a side note, not sure if this was asked but since it's been hacked is there a realistic chance of getting a rockbox or custom eq created for the HD?

Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 AM

custom eq, customizable playlists on the device

Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
point me to your posts on these, and I will point the team to them. However, there is no 'copout' here... there will always be bugs and issues, especially with software that runs on systems like windows where there are a million suppliers of software and hardware. "fix all outstanding bugs" is the kind of statement that gets very little attention...as there is little actionable in that. Your suspected bug, or my suspected bug can too easily be caused by someone else and outside the control of MS.
No. I have taken the time over the last 2.5 years to thoroughly document bugs and submit them to Microsoft and those members of the Zune team who were publicly known. I have spent countless hours supporting Zune owners (on other Zune sites) work through and around the problems that they've encountered. I'm "only" a customer, not a paid Microsoft employee, and not an MVP toadie defending the party line.

Pointing out that there are millions of suppliers of software and hardware have nothing to do with the bugs of a single application (and device firmware).

Your "there will always be bugs and issues" is misplaced. I've never requested that every possible bug be addressed, only the "known" ones.

You are free to deny that your justification of and excuses for chronic bugs is a cop-out, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
No. I have taken the time over the last 2.5 years to thoroughly document bugs and submit them to Microsoft and those members of the Zune team who were publicly known. I have spent countless hours supporting Zune owners (on other Zune sites) work through and around the problems that they've encountered. I'm "only" a customer, not a paid Microsoft employee, and not an MVP toadie defending the party line.

Pointing out that there are millions of suppliers of software and hardware have nothing to do with the bugs of a single application (and device firmware).

Your "there will always be bugs and issues" is misplaced. I've never requested that every possible bug be addressed, only the "known" ones.

You are free to deny that your justification of and excuses for chronic bugs is a cop-out, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.
Nice response to an offer to help...
And I'll quote your original bug request...
My 4.7 requests: