android
  #181  
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
lem7's Avatar
lem7 lem7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
You really think it would be faster with the on screen keyboard?! I've got mine full basically and I still find it fine for finding music. The onscreen keyboard with this small screen is the definition of hell and I've got small fingers relatively speaking...

I think on the next gen, it will be integrated somewhat with wp7 and you will probably have a search by bing, similar to what search does in wp7 depending upon where you are in the menus it searches for different things...
Well I hate reading down the list for that one song... Lol I absolutely pwn typing on the ZuneHD, without even looking at virtual keyboard =P

----------------
For 4.7 I want to request an option to add your own words on the autocorrect feature... Like when I type 'wifi' it comes out as 'work'.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #182  
Old 07-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Zuniq Zuniq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Then please explain the logic...

You may not know that the ARM core of the Tegra chip is highly energy efficient -which is why one of its primary popular uses is in cell phones- as is the OLED technology used in the screen (Lumens/watt is one of the biggest advantages of OLED vs. other technologies.)
It's OK to say you want longer battery life, but you cannot assume it's inefficient in your usage mode based on a completely unscientific comparison to some other usage mode... Battery life is even highly dependent on the codec (wma vs. mp3) and bit-rate!
Yes, you are right..my comparison is based on my own practical experience with the device but i wonder if anyone managed to get more playback time with the same use...
Reply With Quote

  #183  
Old 07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
NSILMike NSILMike is offline
Sub-Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
Yes, you are right..my comparison is based on my own practical experience with the device but i wonder if anyone managed to get more playback time with the same use...
Battery life is one of the biggest competitive vectors for products like this. I don't have any inside info on the design parameters myself, but I see plenty of indicators (auto wifi shutdown for instance) that it was a strong consideration in the hardware design.
And imagine the fun Apple or MS could have tweaking the other guy if one or the other fell behind. So, if you enjoy the background pics, and album covers, etc., then go for it. Just be aware that it takes power...
Reply With Quote

  #184  
Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 PM
bluezune16's Avatar
bluezune16 bluezune16 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Battery life is one of the biggest competitive vectors for products like this. I don't have any inside info on the design parameters myself, but I see plenty of indicators (auto wifi shutdown for instance) that it was a strong consideration in the hardware design.
And imagine the fun Apple or MS could have tweaking the other guy if one or the other fell behind. So, if you enjoy the background pics, and album covers, etc., then go for it. Just be aware that it takes power...
true. i have the Dive! app and it does take considerably more battery life then usual. it's because the OLED screen is designed so that the OLED is off to display black, therefore saving power.
__________________
Computers, huh? I've heard it all boils down to just a bunch of ones and zeroes.... I don't know how that enables me to see naked women, but however it works, God bless you guys.
Reply With Quote

  #185  
Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 AM
McDougal's Avatar
McDougal McDougal is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,375
Default

Microsoft said that their goal was to make this a "Premium Music Player". The Internet and apps were only a bonus. That being said, I have only a couple of things that I want, and if they give me these things, I will be happy. I'll start my list:

-Custom EQ (essential)

-More file format support (FLAC, OGG, etc.)

-Faster performance and less random freezes

-Sync without the resource hogging Zune software (using Drag and Drop or MediaMonkey instead)


That's all I can think of now. I'll probably come up with more features that I will want.
__________________
iPod Touch 4G 32GB; Google Nexus 7 32GB
JVC HAS600B;Pioneer SE-M390;Audio-Technica ATH-P5

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed
Reply With Quote

  #186  
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM
bla8291 bla8291 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Microsoft said that their goal was to make this a "Premium Music Player". The Internet and apps were only a bonus. That being said, I have only a couple of things that I want, and if they give me these things, I will be happy. I'll start my list:

-Custom EQ (essential)

-More file format support (FLAC, OGG, etc.)

-Faster performance and less random freezes

-Sync without the resource hogging Zune software (using Drag and Drop or MediaMonkey instead)


That's all I can think of now. I'll probably come up with more features that I will want.
In addition to the Custom EQ you can add things like crossfade, and SRS effects (like WMP)
Reply With Quote

  #187  
Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Scarpad Scarpad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 171
Default

Better Video Management, Let me select my Own Artwork for a vid File, Better TV Season Handling.
Reply With Quote

  #188  
Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Forza's Avatar
Forza Forza is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Default

New Browser: Better, Faster, Tabs, Fullscreen, Foward, Keyboard tilt enable, YouTube compatible.
__________________
Anything but Apple
Reply With Quote

  #189  
Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 PM
zunehd24 zunehd24 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Default

Better browser that is faster and has tabs. On the lock/unlock screen have a backspace button for when you screw up the password you can erase it. Be able to select a picture folder and delete entire folder and it's contents. Allow folders for videos beside other, TV, all, etc..

Last edited by zunehd24; 07-26-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #190  
Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 AM
solo_ solo_ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Here's my list:

1. The ability to add your own background image when a song is being played.

2. YouTube app (sorry, had to say it)

3. Faster browsing
Reply With Quote

  #191  
Old 08-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Ayepecks Ayepecks is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Default

- Ability to add cover art to movie (MP4) files. I can do it in iTunes, and the Zune software and HD used to recognize them, but it stopped doing that. I'd rather just add the cover art in the Zune software anyway.
- Ability to convert files to MP3 and WMA. I hate having to go into iTunes to do this.
- Ability to disable/enable artist picture backgrounds.
- Adding cover art to music files doesn't get downsized.
- Rotating keyboard.
- Ability to remember online passwords.
- Tabbed browsing, if possible.

Last edited by Ayepecks; 08-07-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #192  
Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
NSILMike NSILMike is offline
Sub-Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepecks View Post
[snipped]
- Ability to convert files to MP3 and WMA. I hate having to go into iTunes to do this.
[snipped]
Convert from what? If you mean converting from one compressed digital format to another (like wma to mp3, or mp3 to aac, etc.) then you really don't want to do this... Unless you start with a very high quality (high bitrate) source file, you will lose too much fidelity. There is an error introduced by any analog to digital conversion called quantization error. If you convert compressed formats, you amplify this error. Not much you can do about it... it's a mathematical fact of life.
Reply With Quote

  #193  
Old 08-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Icky6 Icky6 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Convert from what? If you mean converting from one compressed digital format to another (like wma to mp3, or mp3 to aac, etc.) then you really don't want to do this... Unless you start with a very high quality (high bitrate) source file, you will lose too much fidelity. There is an error introduced by any analog to digital conversion called quantization error. If you convert compressed formats, you amplify this error. Not much you can do about it... it's a mathematical fact of life.
All I know is that I completely agree that I hate having to go into iTunes to do a simple wav to mp3 conversion. That should really be built into at least Windows Media Player, if not the Zune software.... in fact the latter can't even play wav files, much less convert them.
Reply With Quote

  #194  
Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Ayepecks Ayepecks is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Convert from what? If you mean converting from one compressed digital format to another (like wma to mp3, or mp3 to aac, etc.) then you really don't want to do this... Unless you start with a very high quality (high bitrate) source file, you will lose too much fidelity. There is an error introduced by any analog to digital conversion called quantization error. If you convert compressed formats, you amplify this error. Not much you can do about it... it's a mathematical fact of life.
I'm aware of the consequences of conversion.
Reply With Quote

  #195  
Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 PM
aaricchavez aaricchavez is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Coverflow solution for those who want it added on: http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/

Used on Rockbox, and is very, very lightweight.
Unless I misunderstand Apples patent.
Reply With Quote

  #196  
Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Vartex's Avatar
Vartex Vartex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: La Mesa CA
Posts: 96
Default

We need a lem7 app. He gives us nice quotes <3
Reply With Quote

  #197  
Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM
lem7's Avatar
lem7 lem7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartex View Post
We need a lem7 app. He gives us nice quotes <3
ahha =)
__________________
I hate Apple so much, I don't even eat the fruit!
Reply With Quote

  #198  
Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
cooldrummer321 cooldrummer321 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Customizable text color would be cool, and a landscape viewing mode.
Reply With Quote

  #199  
Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 AM
yostix yostix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Default

A real fix for the dreaded C00D124D error code would be nice.
Reply With Quote

  #200  
Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Celenet Celenet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 160
Default

No downsizing pictures, YouTube, faster browsing and internet startup.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.