android
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
You really think it would be faster with the on screen keyboard?! I've got mine full basically and I still find it fine for finding music. The onscreen keyboard with this small screen is the definition of hell and I've got small fingers relatively speaking...

I think on the next gen, it will be integrated somewhat with wp7 and you will probably have a search by bing, similar to what search does in wp7 depending upon where you are in the menus it searches for different things...
Well I hate reading down the list for that one song... Lol I absolutely pwn typing on the ZuneHD, without even looking at virtual keyboard =P

----------------
For 4.7 I want to request an option to add your own words on the autocorrect feature... Like when I type 'wifi' it comes out as 'work'.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-25-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Then please explain the logic...

You may not know that the ARM core of the Tegra chip is highly energy efficient -which is why one of its primary popular uses is in cell phones- as is the OLED technology used in the screen (Lumens/watt is one of the biggest advantages of OLED vs. other technologies.)
It's OK to say you want longer battery life, but you cannot assume it's inefficient in your usage mode based on a completely unscientific comparison to some other usage mode... Battery life is even highly dependent on the codec (wma vs. mp3) and bit-rate!
Yes, you are right..my comparison is based on my own practical experience with the device but i wonder if anyone managed to get more playback time with the same use...

Old 07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
Yes, you are right..my comparison is based on my own practical experience with the device but i wonder if anyone managed to get more playback time with the same use...
Battery life is one of the biggest competitive vectors for products like this. I don't have any inside info on the design parameters myself, but I see plenty of indicators (auto wifi shutdown for instance) that it was a strong consideration in the hardware design.
And imagine the fun Apple or MS could have tweaking the other guy if one or the other fell behind. So, if you enjoy the background pics, and album covers, etc., then go for it. Just be aware that it takes power...

Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Battery life is one of the biggest competitive vectors for products like this. I don't have any inside info on the design parameters myself, but I see plenty of indicators (auto wifi shutdown for instance) that it was a strong consideration in the hardware design.
And imagine the fun Apple or MS could have tweaking the other guy if one or the other fell behind. So, if you enjoy the background pics, and album covers, etc., then go for it. Just be aware that it takes power...
true. i have the Dive! app and it does take considerably more battery life then usual. it's because the OLED screen is designed so that the OLED is off to display black, therefore saving power.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Microsoft said that their goal was to make this a "Premium Music Player". The Internet and apps were only a bonus. That being said, I have only a couple of things that I want, and if they give me these things, I will be happy. I'll start my list:

-Custom EQ (essential)

-More file format support (FLAC, OGG, etc.)

-Faster performance and less random freezes

-Sync without the resource hogging Zune software (using Drag and Drop or MediaMonkey instead)

That's all I can think of now. I'll probably come up with more features that I will want.

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Microsoft said that their goal was to make this a "Premium Music Player". The Internet and apps were only a bonus. That being said, I have only a couple of things that I want, and if they give me these things, I will be happy. I'll start my list:

-Custom EQ (essential)

-More file format support (FLAC, OGG, etc.)

-Faster performance and less random freezes

-Sync without the resource hogging Zune software (using Drag and Drop or MediaMonkey instead)

That's all I can think of now. I'll probably come up with more features that I will want.
In addition to the Custom EQ you can add things like crossfade, and SRS effects (like WMP)

Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM

Better Video Management, Let me select my Own Artwork for a vid File, Better TV Season Handling.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM

New Browser: Better, Faster, Tabs, Fullscreen, Foward, Keyboard tilt enable, YouTube compatible.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 PM

Better browser that is faster and has tabs. On the lock/unlock screen have a backspace button for when you screw up the password you can erase it. Be able to select a picture folder and delete entire folder and it's contents. Allow folders for videos beside other, TV, all, etc..

Last edited by zunehd24; 07-26-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 AM

Here's my list:

1. The ability to add your own background image when a song is being played.

2. YouTube app (sorry, had to say it)

3. Faster browsing

Old 08-07-2010, 12:44 AM

- Ability to add cover art to movie (MP4) files. I can do it in iTunes, and the Zune software and HD used to recognize them, but it stopped doing that. I'd rather just add the cover art in the Zune software anyway.
- Ability to convert files to MP3 and WMA. I hate having to go into iTunes to do this.
- Ability to disable/enable artist picture backgrounds.
- Adding cover art to music files doesn't get downsized.
- Rotating keyboard.
- Ability to remember online passwords.
- Tabbed browsing, if possible.

Last edited by Ayepecks; 08-07-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepecks View Post
[snipped]
- Ability to convert files to MP3 and WMA. I hate having to go into iTunes to do this.
[snipped]
Convert from what? If you mean converting from one compressed digital format to another (like wma to mp3, or mp3 to aac, etc.) then you really don't want to do this... Unless you start with a very high quality (high bitrate) source file, you will lose too much fidelity. There is an error introduced by any analog to digital conversion called quantization error. If you convert compressed formats, you amplify this error. Not much you can do about it... it's a mathematical fact of life.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Convert from what? If you mean converting from one compressed digital format to another (like wma to mp3, or mp3 to aac, etc.) then you really don't want to do this... Unless you start with a very high quality (high bitrate) source file, you will lose too much fidelity. There is an error introduced by any analog to digital conversion called quantization error. If you convert compressed formats, you amplify this error. Not much you can do about it... it's a mathematical fact of life.
All I know is that I completely agree that I hate having to go into iTunes to do a simple wav to mp3 conversion. That should really be built into at least Windows Media Player, if not the Zune software.... in fact the latter can't even play wav files, much less convert them.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'm aware of the consequences of conversion.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Coverflow solution for those who want it added on: http://code.google.com/p/pictureflow/

Used on Rockbox, and is very, very lightweight.
Unless I misunderstand Apples patent.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 PM

We need a lem7 app. He gives us nice quotes <3

Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartex View Post
We need a lem7 app. He gives us nice quotes <3
ahha =)

Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM

Customizable text color would be cool, and a landscape viewing mode.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 AM

A real fix for the dreaded C00D124D error code would be nice.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 AM

No downsizing pictures, YouTube, faster browsing and internet startup.