android
Old 12-15-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Ogg compatibility... Strange behavior

Hi all, I'm not having a problem as such, but rather a very odd behavior... It would appear as if the Clix would not like ogg files in terms of its ability to read the id3 tags on the files. Let me explain:
  • Of all the ogg files that I have uploaded to the device, only a handful show according to their tags on the device. Specifically the only ogg files that show their information like their tags are the Enya files I encoded and later tagged with EasyTag. The strange thing is that other files encoded using the same method, do not show in the "library".
  • All the files that do not show in the library are ogg files, files which were copied over the device in Linux or Windows, which were mp3 files show according to their tags.
  • All the files that do not appear properly in the library are ogg files, except for those of Enya, very strange.

Help? Pointers? Comments?

For the time being I'm gonna boot back into Windows and see what happens if I copy all the files which are not showing in the library and check their tags, and see if how the files are transfered (i.e copy them back) has any effect in the end...

TIA for any info!

PS: if anyting different has happened to the Enya files was that I first tried to send them using Amarok (which actually did create the folders for the files under Music) and later I ended up transfering the files from Windows Explorer (as I can't use WMP11 [crashes, locks up, renders the machine utterly unusable, etc, the usual "Windows hiccups"])

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-16-2006, 01:07 AM

Default Firmware DOWNGRADE?

I have just spent over two hours in Windows (yuck!) trying to figure out the problem about ogg files... It would appear as if:
  1. WinAmp can't determine if the Clix does indeed support Ogg files, and...
  2. WMP11 (which got to work by applying some updates) does not even recongize the files of the library... BUT PLAYS THEM JUST FINE?!?!?!

I'm trying to figure out how did Amarok made it so that when I first tried to send the files with it, it actually created the directories, and even made it so that the library of the Clix did see the Ogg files and all was peachy (as peachy as it can be with Linux and MTP ), I'm really confused now... Ever since I upgraded the firmware on the Clix I don't seem to be able to even attempt a failed sync with Amarok, which is frustrating to say the least (as I now know how to send the files over, but I just need the entries for the library to be aware of such folders!)... So apprently I'll have to perform a DOWNGRADE... Is that possible/safe/etc?

TIA!