android
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 PM

That happened to me with 4.3 and I was able to uplug it, close the Zune Software, and it connected fine. I didn;t have that problem with 4.5, though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittercold View Post
I got the same error. All I did was sync it a few times and then let it idle for a few hours whilst it was connected. Works like a charm now. I think it needs to download some data behind the scenes.
so you connected the zune with the zune software and after a few hours it works like charm? Then i will try this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Hmm you'd think someone would've made one by now. All I see is an alarm clock: http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/zun...3-alarmhd.html - I might have missed a sleep timer though. Otherwise playlists are your friend.
Hm..i dont understand why there is no sleep timer. I think its not a big deal to implement this feature and it is so helpful. What do you mean with the playlists? I need the sleep timer if i go to bed. i would like to listen to music and it would be great if the player goes off after 1 hour. If i play a playlist, the player is still "powerd on" if the playlist is on the end, isnt it?

Old 04-07-2010, 02:18 AM

No, if not playing or paused... the device is basically in it's normal "off" state after the screen turns off.

You don't generally do a cold shutdown of the Zune HD unless it's having problems and you need a reboot.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 AM

oh ok - i thought that only the display is off. So if the player is in the "standby" mode there is no battery drain?

Old 04-07-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatair View Post
oh ok - i thought that only the display is off. So if the player is in the "standby" mode there is no battery drain?
Their would be a minimal power drain as the device is in sleep mode & not actually off. However, this drain is nothing compared to the device when it is fully powered on.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe View Post
That happened to me with 4.3 and I was able to uplug it, close the Zune Software, and it connected fine. I didn;t have that problem with 4.5, though.
Heh, reverse happened to me. No problem with 4.3, but got the problem with 4.5. Well, it works great, so no worries

Old 04-09-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
The problem is not with your device - this is a router issue. Probably just easier to call up Verizon and swap out your router.
Just a quick update. Trying to convince Verizon that I needed a hardware replacement from them because all my wifi devices work fine except my Zune wasn't happening. However, I did find that Buy.com was selling the Trendnet 432BRP wifi router brand new for only $20 (free shipping too!). The 432BRP is on Zune.net's short list of 'approved' routers and I was able to connect that router to my Verizon FIOS router and it worked like a charm! I was able to surf online, go to the zune marketplace, and sync via wifi! plus now I have a few more LAN ports available for my ever increasing home network.

Tags
zune hd firmware 4.5