android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Software

Old 04-03-2010, 02:13 AM

Default Is there program that syncs with jpg/bmp album art?

Hey I'm looking for a program or a plugin that will sync music into a folder on my Sansa Fuze along with a jpeg or bmp of the album art.
My Fuze is RockBoxed so the only way it could display album art is if a jpeg or bmp file named cover or folder is in the file the album is in. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to album art and I don't really like the system i'm using now (downloading album art, checking/editing the tags in winamp, then dragging the folder to my Fuze). I'd like to use a program with a media library with good syncing functionality.

Last edited by sadistic_magician; 04-03-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey:

I have neither a Fuze or experience with Rockbox yet...but...

Can RB "read" album art embedded within ID3 metatags? If yes, perhaps you should consider using something like MP3Tag...this is one of the best tagging/album art embedding apps around, has been for many years...

All 13k mp3 tracks I have are tagged with embedded album art, most all done via MP3Tag...I personally do not prefer the folder.jpg method of linking album art...

Apologies if this is old news to you/and or I am misunderstanding what you want to accomplish...

-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 04-03-2010 at 05:18 AM.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM

Sorry, maybe I should have been a little bit more clear. RB only supports album art through the jpeg in the folder. I had most of the album art in the tags from when I was using my ZEN Vision M but they don't show up in RB.

I was just looking for a program that will transfer the Files to the fuze with the jpg in the folder instead of doing it manually. Winamp syncs the files to the correct folder on the Fuze G:\MUSIC\artist\album\song.mp3 but without the jpeg.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@SadisticMagician: Ah...I understand now...Sorry...Wish I could help you out...I don't know of anything that could do that...although...

Have you given MediaMoney a whirl? I know it has options to attach album art to your music either via embedded ID3 metatags or via a folder structure and jpg as you describe....You can choose which method you need...MM's mass [album] tagging is also pretty good...

...It might do the trick for you...

Also, CDMP3PlayerFan is a wiz with MediaMonkey...maybe he will see this thread and chime in to try and assist...

hth and good luck,
-lestatar
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 04-03-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
@SadisticMagician: Ah...I understand now...Sorry...Wish I could help you out...I don't know of anything that could do that...although...

Have you given MediaMoney a whirl? I know it has options to attach album art to your music either via embedded ID3 metatags or via a folder structure and jpg as you describe....You can choose which method you need...MM's mass [album] tagging is also pretty good...

...It might do the trick for you...

Also, CDMP3PlayerFan is a wiz with MediaMonkey...maybe he will see this thread and chime in to try and assist...

hth and good luck,
-lestatar
You can set MediaMonkey (MM) to save the album to the song's ID3 tag, to the album folder as "folder.jpg", or both. Whichever option you choose, MM will automatically do this for you. The MM help files seem to indicate (but I could be wrong) that when MM scans your music library it will automatically save the album art the way that you want.

Something to mention about saving the album art to the folder: if you choose this option you need to ensure that your music library is organized first. If you don't there is a possibility that some album art may be attached to the wrong album(s).

Concerning organizing your music library, you can have MM automatically add the track number to the beginning of each song's filename. You can also arrange your music into folders based on each song's tags. You could separate the music based on genre, then mood, then artist, and then album. However, if your music library is large it might take a while to complete the task of reorganizing your music.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 AM

Ok I tried Media Monkey and it works perfectly. Thanks. Looks like I'll be using Media Monkey from now on - it's got a lot of great features.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey that's great news....! Enjoy MediaMonkey....its a great app, very deep...

cheers,
-lestatar
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadistic_magician View Post
Ok I tried Media Monkey and it works perfectly. Thanks. Looks like I'll be using Media Monkey from now on - it's got a lot of great features.
It really does.....my music program of choice for quite a while now.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadistic_magician View Post
It's very true that MediaMonkey (MM) has a lot of great features. For me, one of the best things about MM is that gives you a great deal of flexibility in how you manage your music, how it interacts with your player, and even the way it looks via skins. You're not even required to sync your player with MM, you can just send the files to your player if you choose. You're not limited to a rigid way of doing things.

As an example, although I'm not a fan of iTunes (it's okay and I like it much better than Windows Media Player, but I prefer MM over it), one thing I like about iTunes is its clean look. Fortunately, there's a skin available that makes MM look like Version 7 of iTunes (there's also another skin that makes it look like an earlier version of iTunes). So I get the look I like when using MM.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Tags
album art, rockbox, sansa fuze, sync, windows