android
Old 04-02-2010, 03:39 PM

Unhappy My Sansa Clip+ 8gb mp3 is stuck on the logo screen

It won't turn on manually, but if I plug it into my USB it will turn on, showing the sansa logo but staying there. Sorry if this is a repeat, I just couldn't find a thread that works for my mp3. Any help would be appreciated, as this thing is like my baby

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Try holding the power button for 20 seconds for it to reset, once that's done if it boots normal, go into settings and change to usb mode. Connect to pc and do CHKDSK, it could just be file corruption. If that doesn't work, do a fw upgrade, make sure it's stable then format (FAT32) and reload tunes.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Sorry, I'm a little bit computer illiterate, haha. How do I CHKDSK, and for that matter, what is it? :P

Old 04-02-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxie1 View Post
Sorry, I'm a little bit computer illiterate, haha. How do I CHKDSK, and for that matter, what is it? :P
Try the reset first and make sure it's in msc mode, you can read error checking here. Let me hear back if that helps before you go and do it all.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:57 PM

When it's connected, my computer now says that Window's does not recognise it, and it doesn't show up in my computer

Old 04-02-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
When it's connected, my computer now says that Window's does not recognise it, and it doesn't show up in my computer
While not connected, did you try reset?

Old 04-02-2010, 04:03 PM

By holding down power for 20 seconds? yeah I did.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
By holding down power for 20 seconds? yeah I did.
and what happened after you boot it again or did it boot? please be more discriptive ...

Old 04-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Sorry, no nothing happened. I held down power for twenty seconds without anything thing plugged into it. The only thing that makes anything happen is if I hold down the center button and plug into my computer at the same time, and then that's when only the logo appears.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Haven't heard of that, but there could be a trick like that for the clip + that I am not aware of. What you discribed resembles the connection trick on v1 & v2 origional clips where you do that same thing while it's locked and it forces a msc connection.

Does it have enough charge to boot after you did a reset without connection? Sorry I hate to keep asking quesitons, but since it's not in my hands, trying to understand ...

Edit: BTW I did ask in irc and no one seemed to know of any tricks for the + model other than the reset I've already mentioned, but you would have to switch to msc mode and get connection to pc before you can try the things I mentioned above.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:20 PM

It was almost fully charged when it stopped working, i had just finished fully charging it a half an hour before it turned off suddenly. I appreciate your help, ask me all the quesitons you want, haha.
How would I get it into msc mode? do I need to have it connected to my computer to do so?

Old 04-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
... How would I get it into msc mode? do I need to have it connected to my computer to do so?
Good to know you've got a full charge, I was just talking with Adubb in irc and he said that yesterday his wouldn't boot either, he had to do the reset I described above 3 times (while not connected). The power button holding reset for 20 seconds only disengages the battery, after that you try the power button again to boot. If you can get it to boot, then you switch modes before connecting to pc, changing the mode is in the settings menu.

Edit: BTW if you can't get it to boot like that after 3 attempts, I'd walk away from it for an hour and then try a normal power up, if at that point it gets stuck, do the reset to see if you can boot it.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:40 PM

I did the reset 3 times, and then the logo came on again, but this time without it being connected to the computer. I pressed the power button again to see if it would turn on, but instead it turned off and I can't get the same results.. arg, I'm begnning to feel this is hopeless

Old 04-02-2010, 04:45 PM

No it's not, let it rest for 30 min or so and come back and try the same thing again. If I'm not here, there's many others that will jump in ...

Unless you messed with the fw or it's overly corrupted, you'll get it eventually and if not, you can always rma it.

Edit: I've found that taking your time and not rushing through too many button pressing helps bring back the clip and on 3 occassions I was able to bring back mine that was completely dead. So far you describe life that mine didn't even have, unfortunately mine had no warranty but it's still ticking today.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Ok, thank you for your help
I think putting it down for a while will be easy, i was starting to get frustrated

Old 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM

When you pick it up again, try a normal boot and see how far it goes. If it boots fine, then change mode, connect and either CHKDSK or format (which will wipe all your files off it), do a disconnect and let it refresh, then reconnect and load tunes. BTW with CHKDSK you won't lose your files. If it doesn't boot normally, then try a reset and then same as above. Good luck ...

Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 PM

ok, so it came on again, but once again only the logo without it being plugged in. I didn't press anything else, any ideas what to do next?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
ok, so it came on again, but once again only the logo without it being plugged in. I didn't press anything else, any ideas what to do next?
When it froze on the logo did you try the reset?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Did you ever resolve this issue? My sansa clip+ is having the same thing. i plugg it into my computer and the computer wants tyo reformat it. i agree but the computer cannot complete the reformating.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel0483 View Post
Did you ever resolve this issue? My sansa clip+ is having the same thing. i plugg it into my computer and the computer wants tyo reformat it. i agree but the computer cannot complete the reformating.
If it connects and is recognized by your pc rather than format can you run error-checking, CHKDSK?

Tags
8gb, logo, mp3