android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM

Default [Poll] Does your Zune HD's screen freeze after being locked?

In my quest to collect more data about your opinions and experiences I have created another poll. This simply refers to the screen freezing I experience and others have reported. I want to see if the majority of people actually experience this.

Poll: http://www.acepolls.com/polls/111073...ening-to-music

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2010, 06:05 PM

My screen freezes up 2-3 times EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY!! Its so freaking annoying....

Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Mine does sometimes, but I'm sure that there is some sort of bug fix for it in the coming update.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:45 PM

I've never had my screen freeze. When people say "Fix freeze bug/random restart" I never know what they're talking about lol. But if it's happening to alot of people, then it should be fixed.

I did get my HD 2-3 weeks ago. Maybe it's gonna start freezing soon? O.O

Old 04-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Guys, your devices are probably defective in some way...I had the exact same problem...sent it back and got a new one and it works awesome...not one freeze...

Old 04-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Well thats what this poll is for. If numerous people are reporting this problem then it is more then just a defect. If it somehow is a defect then it could mean a lot of the devices are defective (recall perhaps) which is very bad.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 PM

I've never noticed the issue on mine, then again, I don't have a launch device.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Mine freezes a lot. What's interesting is that if it's dark enough, you can see that when you lock, and unlock it, if it doesn't work, the backlight goes on faintly. Then after a few button mashings and swears, the screen turns on.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u5 View Post
I've never had my screen freeze. When people say "Fix freeze bug/random restart" I never know what they're talking about lol. But if it's happening to alot of people, then it should be fixed.
Me either but, yes, if it is a bug, it should be fixed.

All of our Zunes (6 of them) have been remarkably problem free. My oldest son's Ver 2 player used to freeze and have button problems every so often but after I made him stop putting 'questionable' music on it, it didn't do it any more. But, the rest of our players, including my HD, haven;t had any issues of random freezes or problems.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:29 PM

My screen will freeze if it has timed out and I try to wake it up right after a song change. If I wait a couple seconds and hit the power button and then hit the "home" button it generally wakes it up and opens.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:21 PM

Also i get a HORRIBLE aaannoying glitch when i plug in/charge my Zune HD. The clicking seems to be REALLY off.. and will click other things

Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 PM

nope. mine bought this year seems fine. No freeze. There is a slight delay (couple seconds) coming out of sleep before screen swipe up works to get the device active, but this is just a warm boot based issue as the op-sys wakes up, not a bug I think.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
Guys, your devices are probably defective in some way...I had the exact same problem...sent it back and got a new one and it works awesome...not one freeze...
Agreed. For all of you experiencing out of the ordinary freezes beyond the occasional one should request repair service and send it in while under warranty: http://service.zune.net/en-us/devices/manage - I definitely recommend using the online repair service as opposed to calling it in. It'll save you a few hours.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Agreed. For all of you experiencing out of the ordinary freezes beyond the occasional one should request repair service and send it in while under warranty: http://service.zune.net/en-us/devices/manage - I definitely recommend using the online repair service as opposed to calling it in. It'll save you a few hours.
Maybe I'm experiencing something else, but I'm really hoping it can be fixed with a firmware update. Sending it in for repairs is kind of out of the question for me, not in the US.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
I'm scared because some say it takes 1+ month to get it repaired, others say it still have the same problem, and few say he never seen his Zune again after shipping it to MSFT... Is their like a MSFT store I can go to get my ZuneHD replaced or is shipping it to MSFT the only solution.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syst3m View Post
Maybe I'm experiencing something else, but I'm really hoping it can be fixed with a firmware update. Sending it in for repairs is kind of out of the question for me, not in the US.
If you are in Canada or USA it's covered...agreed it will be a pain for you if not...you will have to have a place MS can send it to or perhaps if you call they might help you out if you agree to pay for shipping both ways or something...

Old 04-05-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
I'm scared because some say it takes 1+ month to get it repaired, others say it still have the same problem, and few say he never seen his Zune again after shipping it to MSFT... Is their like a MSFT store I can go to get my ZuneHD replaced or is shipping it to MSFT the only solution.
Do you have a zune original...I do(did) and when I sent mine back, once they received it they immediately sorted out a brand new one from China...it was fast and I did all the communication through email...

If you are in USA don't waste time...just send it in...I was thinking for about 2 months it was a firmware issue but since it was not happening to everyone this didn't make sense...my new one has not locked up once(knock on wood) and I use it all the time...

Tags
freezing, locked, music, unlocked, zunehd