android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 04-01-2010, 10:42 AM

I wish this was available a few months ago. My biggest complaint about this device was how much memory had to be sacrificed. I have enough music to fill my Zune 120 and a Zune 30. So, streamlining it to a 32GB device was painful. So much so that I rarely even use my HD unless I know I will need internet connection. The HD64 would have gotten more use, but I won't be re-buying just for this. I'll just keep using my Zune 120 and may consider getting another HD when the memory gets beyong 120GB (likely another year or two). By that point, the debate about how much (or how little) support the ZuneHD gets will be answered. I'll get an ipod touch if the current concerns continue...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The 64GB is now up for order online at $350 with 7 colors option.

http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/z...4/features.htm

Old 04-09-2010, 04:18 PM

Ordered.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:40 PM

Is anywhere selling this thing internationally? Ie canada? I'd love to get one, any ideas?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch!P View Post
Is anywhere selling this thing internationally? Ie canada? I'd love to get one, any ideas?
Look for the usual resellers in the coming weeks, Amazon being an obvious choice, but also eBay, or even finding a friend in the USA who'll be nice enough to buy one and ship it to you.
Those are really your only options until Microsoft decides they actually like money and start selling the thing internationally

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just put an custom EQ on this thing already,...........

Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midir View Post
Look for the usual resellers in the coming weeks, Amazon being an obvious choice, but also eBay, or even finding a friend in the USA who'll be nice enough to buy one and ship it to you.
Those are really your only options until Microsoft decides they actually like money and start selling the thing internationally
Windows Phone 7 is going to make the Zune Marketplace international, I'd bet that by then Zunes will be available internationally as well.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Ah Windows Phone 7 and it's associated Marketplace is going to go international....I don't think MS have made any commitments or announcements to suggest "just" the Zune's will be going international.

Also, MS aren't speculating how they will structure the Marketplaces (WP7 open, monetized etc etc vs Zune Closed and currently non-monetized)...

I wouldn't be making any assumptions here. If the Zune MUSIC/VIDEO marketplace transfers straight to WP7 marketplace, then any internationally negotiated rights should apply for both.....after they get all the region licensing locked down. God knows they need extra marketplace Aussie content at present!

Apps/Games etc may well be a completely different situation (I expect).

Time will tell.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erythro42 View Post
Windows Phone 7 is going to make the Zune Marketplace international, I'd bet that by then Zunes will be available internationally as well.
As stated above by Strider_Aus, MS have made no public plans to release the Zune hardware internationally, and have not hinted at such plans either. There was a comment which has been spread around saying that 'Zune will be available anywhere WP7 will be' (paraphrasing), however this was just referring to the software which will ship on WP7, and no promises have been made regarding the marketplace, as the comment was taken out of contaxt by many to assume the launch of an international Marketplace.

Anyway, I'm happy MS finally decided to release a 64GB version of the ZHD, and I really do hope it launches internationally, as I'd be more than happy to buy it, but it's the typical, 'maybe, maybe not' again in terms of international support unfounately.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Black default color? Even better! I wasn't a fan of the Platinum. Aside from the arsewipe customer I just had this is a great day.

Besides the 64GB Touch are there any other PMP's with 64B (non-HDD)?
new Sony Walkman A series.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midir View Post
As stated above by Strider_Aus, MS have made no public plans to release the Zune hardware internationally, and have not hinted at such plans either. There was a comment which has been spread around saying that 'Zune will be available anywhere WP7 will be' (paraphrasing), however this was just referring to the software which will ship on WP7, and no promises have been made regarding the marketplace, as the comment was taken out of contaxt by many to assume the launch of an international Marketplace.

Anyway, I'm happy MS finally decided to release a 64GB version of the ZHD, and I really do hope it launches internationally, as I'd be more than happy to buy it, but it's the typical, 'maybe, maybe not' again in terms of international support unfounately.
Yeah the lack of an international release for this product is almost criminal...forus in Canada it sucks even more as we used to have the zune but the never released the HD here...

Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 AM

Yeah, I'm glad this is really expensive to stop me from buying a new one. I got the 32b for $250 or so (on sale) and I thought that was a lot of money. I'm out of space now (gotta keep deleting vids and stuff) and was considering a 64gb but that's way out of my price range.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thygriever View Post
Yeah, I'm glad this is really expensive to stop me from buying a new one. I got the 32b for $250 or so (on sale) and I thought that was a lot of money. I'm out of space now (gotta keep deleting vids and stuff) and was considering a 64gb but that's way out of my price range.
Just wait for a daily deal at Dell.com. The last Zune HD daily deal, they sold the 16GB for $150 and the 32GB for $200. Probably the next one, you'll see the 64GB at around $300.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 AM

The 64 GB looks great. I have a 16GB but will still upgrade after a few months. I love you Zune

Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM

It's up on http://www.kin.com

Edit: Now it's down again. Should be back up soon. Two phones Kin One and Kin Two.