android
Old 03-29-2010, 07:22 AM

Help B30 connection modes, skins and artwork

Hi all.

Just got a B30 a little while ago as an expandable upgrade to my Clix 2. It seems that I was a bit rash in my decision, I assumed that it supported the MTP connection mode. Instead, I'm forever having to rebuild the library whenever I make any changes using Windows Media Player (the supplied iRiver Plus 3 software is too labourious to use).

Anyone know if there are any "secret" means to change the connection mode from UMS to MTP?

Anyone know of anywhere I can download some new skins?

And one last question - all of my music files have artwork included which all were displayed properly on my Clix, but don't display on the B30. Anyone know anything about why and how I can remedy this?

Thanks for any answers!
Thes.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 AM

Album art shouldnt be a problem - I've have had the occasional mp3 file that doesnt display artwork but this is usually because of the image in the file is ridiculously big. Try using the Iriver Plus 3 to refresh the album art in the tags before copying the files over. I use UMS mode myself but will take a look and post again to see if you can switch. Try here for B30 skins...

http://lounge.iriver.co.kr/content/c...spx?SrchType=2

Hope that helps. Had my B30 a while now and its been great, video playback is particularly good as most files play without conversion and DAB reception excellent.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 AM

Thanks samkirk, I'll check out the link.

The artwork issue is a bit strange, but I'll follow up on your suggestion regarding file size. Updating many hundreds of albums worth of files is not an exciting prospect though! I keep telling myself to just live with it, but it irrationally irritates me. :\

Thanks again for the info.
Thes.

Tags
b30, iriver