android
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Default Spider Solitaire - Version 1.0

Spider Solitaire implementation featuring support for 1, 2 and 4 suit variations.

Quick Rules

Objective is get a run of cards in the same suit from King down to Ace. When that happens the 13 cards are moved off the game piles and to the home piles. When you have all 8 sets of cards you win the game.

You can move any number of cards from one pile to another providing that all the cards you are trying to move are the same suit, and that the top card's face value is one lower than the bottom card of the destination pile. e.g. You can move the 8, 7 and 6 of Spades to a pile ending with a 9 (of any suit).

You are only allowed to deal more cards when there are no empty piles of cards.

Known Issues

None. Although I've never actually won a 4-suit game to verify if that works correctly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SpideSolitaire1.jpg (28.8 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg SpiderSolitaire2.jpg (34.8 KB, 134 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpiderSolitaire.zip (92.6 KB, 696 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2010, 12:20 PM

Talking

nice games thnx

Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM

My favourite windows game Thanks for this one!

Just finished a game while playing music at the same time, and it's working great.
Very nice how it keeps all the cards on the screen by showing less of each card (like the windows version also does)

Only thing I'm missing is the "undo" option.. very useful for when you've tapped "new cards" by accident, or when you are stuck. Does it show when there are no more possible moves..?
And "hints", but you might also call those cheating.. it's just that I used them a lot on the pc, and I think those two options are very helpful when you are learning to play it.

Also, good idea on putting screen.backlight in the loop.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM

ill give this a go, but i found the other solitaire game very addictive. this could be the end of me

~Mr Wunderbar

Old 03-26-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wunderbar View Post
ill give this a go, but i found the other solitaire game very addictive. this could be the end of me
Yes you're done for This is much better than solitaire. (I mean the game itself, not the app or coding or something)

Old 03-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Really awesome!
Haven't been able to find any bugs. You're good at bug testing before release ^^
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
My favourite windows game Thanks for this one!

Just finished a game while playing music at the same time, and it's working great.
Very nice how it keeps all the cards on the screen by showing less of each card (like the windows version also does)
Thanks - glad you like it.

Quote:
Only thing I'm missing is the "undo" option.. very useful for when you've tapped "new cards" by accident, or when you are stuck.
No undo has been implemented ... I'll think about that adding that. Screen real-estate is a problem though - not sure where a button could be squeezed in!

Quote:
Does it show when there are no more possible moves..?
Yes it should do.

Quote:
And "hints", but you might also call those cheating.. it's just that I used them a lot on the pc, and I think those two options are very helpful when you are learning to play it.
I was wondering about doing a hint system. I already had to code a "find valid and useful move" function so a hint system could re-use that with some tweaks to prioritise the moves. So I guess I'll think about adding that too!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Really awesome!
Haven't been able to find any bugs. You're good at bug testing before release ^^
Thanks for noticing! I did do a *lot* of testing (mostly on the simulator or else my fingers would have cramped up!). In particular I spent a lot of time testing the "no more valid moves" algorithm, which was a bit of nightmare to figure out. Hopefully it is working 'cause I don't want to look at it again

Old 03-27-2010, 04:23 PM

Another awesome card game. This one is as addictive as the previous one. Really good job.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:57 PM

I think, i found bug.
When i flipped all dealt cards and i have 4 full sets removed from game field, i cant deal next row to game field. But it still shows me, that i have at least one undealt row (in right lower corner is still back of the card visible).
This happened to me second time now. I am including zipped save. I hope it helps.

Ps.: I hope, i understand rules and this isnt only my mistake.
Attached Files
File Type: zip save.zip (248 Bytes, 5 views)

Old 03-27-2010, 08:11 PM

I think that is part of the game, in order to have new cards dealt, all the places of the superior line must have at least one card, if one is empty it won't deal the remaining cards. Just rearrenge the cards and it sholud work.
Awesome game, btw.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiva76 View Post
I think that is part of the game, in order to have new cards dealt, all the places of the superior line must have at least one card, if one is empty it won't deal the remaining cards. Just rearrenge the cards and it sholud work.
Awesome game, btw.
I am sorry, that was my mistake. I dont know how, but i missed last sentence of quick rules.

What happens, when you dont have 10 cards left to cover all places?

Last edited by delirius; 03-28-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirius View Post
Hmm, good questions. I suppose it says "No moves" and you lose. Since you're supposed to plan ahead and not end up in that situation =P
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirius View Post
I wasn't sure what the official rules are in that situation. I put in some code to check for that situation and decided to allow new cards to be dealt anyway. It would seem to be a bit harsh to call that a "losing" scenario because you have done so well up until that point!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM

this is my favourite game but there is one problem. when i choose 1 suit and deal new cards there are for example 4 8s and 3 6s. this happens very often. and i never have enough 4s. so i played 5 times and i always lose. winning on windows is no problem.

now i tried again and by the first 10 cards there are 4 asses. is there a problem wiht the engine?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
now i tried again and by the first 10 cards there are 4 asses. is there a problem wiht the engine?
Yea, i got problem with asses to!!!