android
Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 AM

Default Puzzle Slide

Beta version of a slide puzzle
I hope to get more puzzles and functions on there soon.

Version 1.0:
- 3 puzzles to choose from
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puzzleslide1.jpg (37.2 KB, 452 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip puzzleslide.zip (1.03 MB, 758 views)

Last edited by Xeroo; 03-29-2010 at 05:06 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 AM

Nice

Old 03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Very nice! I've not found any bugs yet (I'll be sure to let you know if I do). But maybe you could look into making it possible to actually slide the puzzle pieces into place... Perhaps DanTheLegoMan's Solitaire app could point you in the right direction for that. Well done

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 PM

nice game, mate

Old 03-25-2010, 03:40 PM

Glad to hear you guys like it
I made already a little update, see 1st post, you can now choose between 3 puzzles, 1 a little more spicey ^^ You can actually make your own puzzles by cropping/expanding an existing image to w=210 and h=210 and then cut out of that one 8 little images (70x70) and call them 1a-8a.png

Another thing, did someone actually solve a puzzle? Cause I tried for hours and it didnt work, but then again Im not that bright I guess lol

Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM

I can't download the file:

Quote:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Old 03-25-2010, 03:55 PM

From what I've heard it is possible to draw a certain area of a picture. Thus you'd only have to load the full image and let the program split it to smaller parts itself.
I think I read something about it somewhere...
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Ive found that with the new version it causes problems with the rest of the x-fi. It froze on me, although allowed me to exit using the home button. Then i noticed that all of the thumbs for the apps didnt appear and all of my album art had disappeared.

Turned it off and on again and it all came back. But then opened the app and it happened again. Have removed the app in case it occurs permanently.

It happened with both of the new pictures. Have kept the original version and that seems to work with no problems.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_bracken View Post
Ive found that with the new version it causes problems with the rest of the x-fi. It froze on me, although allowed me to exit using the home button. Then i noticed that all of the thumbs for the apps didnt appear and all of my album art had disappeared.

Turned it off and on again and it all came back. But then opened the app and it happened again. Have removed the app in case it occurs permanently.

It happened with both of the new pictures. Have kept the original version and that seems to work with no problems.
Yes, there seems to be a problem indeed, Im gonna dump the file and post the beta version again

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM

Xeroo, do you close all of the images at the end of the app?

e.g. myimage:close()

Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 PM

with V 1.0 I moved a few times with gamec. When I got the middle empty for the third time I think it all froze and I couldn't move anything. I went back to the chooser via the home button and reselected the puzzle, then the images didn't show up at all, not for any of the puzzles.

My icons also disappeared and the game wouldn't start after exiting, only writes the Xeroo.net in black text and does nothing. My conclusion: You've overloaded the image memory buffer by not closing your resources at the end of your code. (Yes I peeked at it and though it would be the problem from the start). I changed this so the images were closed, and after the same freezing and refusing to reload the puzzle I exited the game and my icons were now intact. And when re starting the game right away it opened the welcome screen and froze there, forcing me to reset my player.

More extensive testing and a few crashes later I can safely say it freezes the game after 13 moves. And when that move was 1c to opening 9 (lower right), then it drew a duplicate of the 1c image there and then froze.
It seems to behave the same for every puzzle.

Question about the code: Why have you got code for every puzzle like that? Couldn't you just have a case where you choose which images to load and then use the same piece of code for the game, only with different images?
You also don't set gamec = false in the both cases gamea and gameb, this may cause troubles later.

That is all from me this time. Hope it helped.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrajak View Post
Xeroo, do you close all of the images at the end of the app?

e.g. myimage:close()
I did not Tetrajak, and that is just one of a number of faults I made. Like Habhome is saying as well, it must be a memory overflow. I tried it on the simulator and it worked without problems, so I should have tested it first on the player and I should have used the same function for the 3 pictures.

EDIT: Second attempt for a version 1.0, code is still ugly, but images are closed this time, and that seems to work now on the player too

Last edited by Xeroo; 03-26-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 PM

I have solved the puzzle, but when the last piece at its place, then closes the app and appears the main menu

thanks for the puzzle app

Old 03-27-2010, 06:07 PM

why that chick? u some sort of a creepo?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
why that chick? u some sort of a creepo?
Hey, play nice. If you don't like it, don't download it. No need to comment on such things.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik dankmeijer View Post
I have solved the puzzle, but when the last piece at its place, then closes the app and appears the main menu

thanks for the puzzle app
Allright Erik thanks for letting me know! Well normally it should show the picture fullscreen if you complete the puzzle, so obviously it doesn't, I'll make sure it works soon.. If you or anyone has ideas for more functions pls let me know!

Edit: bug fixed, should show the picture now fullscreen when completing a puzzle.

Last edited by Xeroo; 03-29-2010 at 05:07 AM.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM

Nice. But after solving the game and displaying the picture in full screen, if I tap the screen it flickers with the game field for a moment and then disappears. Otherwise it's awesome.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:04 AM

erm, this will sound stupid.

when i move the picture pieces, they just move straight back again

i move them by tapping the picture then the location i want it to go. is this bad?

~Mr Wunderbar

Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wunderbar View Post
i move them by tapping the picture then the location i want it to go. is this bad?
You tap the piece you want to move, and it will move into the space.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM

ah, its cleverer than i thought it was thanks

~Mr Wunderbar