android
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That pitch screen used to drive me batshit crazy with my Clip+.

Reaching for it blindly to operate it caused that screen to pop up many times, at which point I would have to stop what I was doing, pull the player out, get out of that foolish screen once I had restored the pitch to normal, and only then resume what I was doing.

More than once I got weird looks from people in the grocery store wondering why I was cursing to nobody in particular with my hand reaching into my jacket....the Clip+ was always in the shirt pocket.

For all that some people say they prefer the Clip+ buttons to the Clip Zip D-pad, I haven't had the pitchscreen pop up with the Zip, so I stand by the new layout.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I'll probably change the keymap on the Clip+ to go back to the WPS if Home is pressed from the main menu at some point in the coming week (at least if no one gets angry about it).

If anyone wants to try, heres the current build with the patch applied:

http://duke.edu/~mgg6/rockbox/rockbox-cp.7z

Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I'll probably change the keymap on the Clip+ to go back to the WPS if Home is pressed from the main menu at some point in the coming week...
Awesome.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Administrator

I've seen some real battles over changes to the keymap but I'd find it hard to see why anyone that has one could be bothered by this. I find dfkt's keymap a hair easier to use but I could see where using the power button that way could be controversial. But this just feels right. Hope nobody decides to get their feathers ruffled over this change.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I've seen some real battles over changes to the keymap but I'd find it hard to see why anyone that has one could be bothered by this. I find dfkt's keymap a hair easier to use but I could see where using the power button that way could be controversial. But this just feels right. Hope nobody decides to get their feathers ruffled over this change.
Also what I wanted to say.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Also removed the annoying pitch screen - it was driving me crazy when it gets pressed in my pocket by accident, and I never use it. [Diff]
I'm glad you finally got suffered too with that.

Thx for the new patch..

Last edited by redsosis; 02-27-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM

Saratoga (and Funman and Bertrik, whoever reads this ), would it be possible to make the pitch screen functionality user selectable, to enable/disable it in the menu?

As it looks like, I'm not the only one who finds it annoying - but my complete removal of it is of course something that won't go in the official versions.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:32 PM

Add my vote for suppressing the pitch control. I've got a stiffer replacement clip on my Clip+, and I've often engaged the pitch control by pressing the button by accident while attaching the clip to my shirt. First time I thought there was something wrong with my player... or my ears.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Saratoga (and Funman and Bertrik, whoever reads this ), would it be possible to make the pitch screen functionality user selectable, to enable/disable it in the menu?

As it looks like, I'm not the only one who finds it annoying - but my complete removal of it is of course something that won't go in the official versions.
You mean by holding play at the WPS screen?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 PM

New patched build: 120229-e8c7d10M-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt

Configurable main menu rocks.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Best build!
dfkt Please, add to this build patch FS#12610
Thanks!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven-id13 View Post
Best build!
dfkt Please, add to this build patch FS#12610
Thanks!!!
So there's a fix for the radio ticking! All this time I thought it was picking up some local interference. +1 on adding it. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 AM

Hm, a new version of dfkt's clip+ theme. A couple of comments going by the screenshots.
-Geez, some of the WPS screen info is tiny. On the other hand, now there's a number that looks like it shows progress through playlists - something I missed on the older theme. And all the teeny font displays the more insignificant information about the track. I'm assuming album name is somewhere up in the big font letters.
-The 'loudness' bar on the bottom's gone. I rather liked it... but then again, more track info.
-I don't like the new icons, placement, or progress bar style. But that's me being intolerant of change. :P

I'm going to try it out for the next couple of days, to see if I like it better than the old version. Thanks for making it, though!

EDIT: ...And the theme was released in January. Been away for too long.

Come see my Fallen London's Mantelpiece!

Old 03-20-2012, 04:43 PM

I've just Rockboxed my Clip+ - thank you!

Old 03-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Can you post link with those patches you use?

I will be very grateful.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Can you add FS#11473?
FS#11473

I like this option when listening audiobooks.

It creates olny one bookmark entry for every directory so if you pause your audiobook and turn off device many times, you will have only one bookmark entry with your last progress of audiobook.

It's very usefull when someone like audiobooks. Option can be enable/disable in menu settings so it's not permanent change. Please add this.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepinskidar View Post
Can you add FS#11473?
FS#11473

I like this option when listening audiobooks.

It creates olny one bookmark entry for every directory so if you pause your audiobook and turn off device many times, you will have only one bookmark entry with your last progress of audiobook.

It's very usefull when someone like audiobooks. Option can be enable/disable in menu settings so it's not permanent change. Please add this.
Essential! Please add

Old 03-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Administrator

You guys do know that instead of asking someone else and then waiting to see if they ever create a custom build to your specifications you could learn how to apply a patch yourself, right?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
You guys do know that instead of asking someone else and then waiting to see if they ever create a custom build to your specifications you could learn how to apply a patch yourself, right?

Did you know that ~80% of patches posted on rockbox site are outdated? They don't work and someone with skills must rewrite those patches. For example:
FS#9305 - Context sensitive backlight on key press won't work with current GIT source code. Last version is from 12 November 2011! But dfkt have skills and he know how rewrite this patch.

Thats why i posted this before:
Quote:
Can you post link with those patches you use?

I will be very grateful.
I always build my own version, but since RB stop using SVN and start using GIT there are many patches that won't work anymore.
If i could have his patches then I can build own version of rockbox.

Happy now?

Last edited by kepinskidar; 03-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Administrator

You sure that's the attitude you want to take towards someone that simply pointed out to you and others that it's possible to do what you want yourself?