android
Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Administrator

What freezing when reading from the microsd do you mean? I can't remember ever experiencing that. If there's a specific problem you're having it's best to post details. That way the developers could look into what might be happening.

If it was a issue that occurred sometime in the past you could try the current build and see if it still occurs. Rockbox is continuously being improved and it's possible whatever the problem was has been fixed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
What freezing when reading from the microsd do you mean? I can't remember ever experiencing that. If there's a specific problem you're having it's best to post details. That way the developers could look into what might be happening.
Yes I think it is/was a known problem using rockbox and playing from SDcard.
I don't know if it has been solved with the newer builts, I use a dfkt build from months ago which works perfectly but when I use the microSD it stops working or freezing after a while. I'll try one of this new builds if the problem persist.

My clip+ is 2Gb, maybe it is time to get a Zip with 8Gb

Old 01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Administrator

I've just looked at all your posts here and none of them are about having freezing problems with a Rockboxed Clip+. Did you report your problems on the Rockbox forums or the bug tracker? As I said if there's an issue it's best to try to get help with it by posting details rather than making assumptions. If no one knows your problem no one can help.

I've probably used or at least tested every build dfkt has posted and none of them have caused a problem since he stopped adding the old USB patch and that was a long time back. I posted that was a issue, fixed the file corruption problems it caused and haven't had a problem with one of his builds since.

There's no need to suffer in silence. No ones going to come down on you if all you're doing is reporting what's happening for you. There's been a lot of work done on the SD card side of things due at least in part to users reporting issues. I doubt any Rockbox developer will say that the results of the project are perfect. To continue to improve they need user feedback.

If you have a problem that can be duplicated in the future gather all the relevant information and conditions that cause it and report it. There's times when it's a bug and other times it's user error. If you let others know what's happening it's usually possible to determine where the problem lies and find if it's possible to set things right.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 PM

No, I didn't report the problem because I read this:
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?...&topic=25726.0
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,29151.0.html
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=28009.0

Now I see the problem should be some incompatibility with the card, although it works well with my galaxy players. I'll do some tests with new builds and others cards, anyway thank you very much skip252.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
That's not a bug, that's a (very useful, IMO) feature. Pressing FFWD/REW short then long means folder skip. From the fine manual: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...#x7-500004.3.1
ow..i see....
thankyou for the info...

btw, i like the new Meier version

Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Made a new theme...

Quote:
DFKT Minimum Clip v2

Minimal no-nonsense theme. Falls back to file/folder names when no metadata is present. Also includes base skin and FM radio interface. The "R" icon in the status bar is a Replaygain status indicator. Theme shows warnings when volume level is above 0dB, when sample rate isn't 44.1kHz, and when Replaygain is enabled but no Replaygain tags are available for the current track. Version: 2.02
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansaclipplus

Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 PM

I've got a problem sometime if I connect my clip+ (in off mode) to PC/notebook.
It has messages on clip+:

Data abort
at 3002AE40
FSR 0x8
(domain 0, fault 8)
address 0x5CF66B62

And then I push select button, then they going to boot normally.

Is it okey for my clip+?
Any happen to you guys?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsosis View Post
I've got a problem sometime if I connect my clip+ (in off mode) to PC/notebook.
It has messages on clip+:

Data abort
at 3002AE40
FSR 0x8
(domain 0, fault 8)
address 0x5CF66B62

And then I push select button, then they going to boot normally.

Is it okey for my clip+?
Any happen to you guys?
I actually saw this the other night on my Clip Zip. I had just added a few megs' worth of music to the SDHC card, and a song was filling the buffer when I loaded a .cfg file. I don't know if my hex values were the same, and only the most significant 6 bytes of the address were visible on the Zip's tiny display anyway.

When I tried to power down the player, it threw a different error with a slow strobing effect on the display (think of a sawtooth wave for brightness).

I had to reset the player by holding the power button down for 20 seconds or whatever.

The problem has not yet recurred, despite a few hours of use.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone F. Horneigh View Post
I actually saw this the other night on my Clip Zip.
I had seen that too, I am waiting for the postman to bring me an ipod nano 2g.

It should come in a few days and then I'll be able to finish the work on USB driver.

Quote:
I had to reset the player by holding the power button down for 20 seconds or whatever.
Just pressing one single button should reboot the player.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
When I tried to power down the player, it threw a different error with a slow strobing effect on the display (think of a sawtooth wave for brightness).

The problem has not yet recurred, despite a few hours of use.
Same problem with me, now.
When I unplugged the clip (after I disconnect from PC with/without legal steps), it always freeze.
So I must holding the power button down for 20 seconds to get it completely off.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 AM

Hello,

I have some questions with my brand new clip+

I am planning to install rockbox on it but which one should I use ?

There is one here : http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=63706

And another one is rockbox's official site. So I dont have idea which one is more stable or latest?

I didn't connect the clip+ to computer yet but was wondering if there is a way to get complete backup of system files on vanilla clip+ in case some thing may get broken in the future ?

And last question, should I check/apply if there is any new latest firmware for clip+ before installing rockbox, then apply it? Or just forget the firmware and install rockbox?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Unless you know what it is in a custom build you want I'd follow the installation directions in the manual or the first post in this thread. Either way gets the bootloader installed and the current build. Take the "read the manual" part seriously. It seems most of the issues I see people post about come from not reading and knowing what's expected behavior using the Rockbox firmware.

I haven't found overall stability to be an issue with any build for the Clip+ in quite a while. I typically use dfkt's build http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...postcount=1452 but that's for the Meier crossfeed as much as anything. If I get bored or see a feature that's been changed or added when I check the changes http://www.rockbox.org/since-4weeks.html I'll try the current build but stability hasn't changed for me with any of them I've tried.

Backing up the player is a matter of dragging the preloaded songs off if you want them. That's all that's useful on there. After that I use the SDFormatter one time to set the player memory for optimum performance and install Rockbox.

There's no need to do an update before installation.
Installing Rockbox updates the firmware to whichever version you use during installation.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 AM

Something to add to skip’s post is: keep an eye on the connection mode. For some reason it likes to switch to auto detect after FW upgrades and that sucks. You need to put it into MSC mode before you rockbox your player. Once rockboxed, I don't connect in the OF so I could care less about it.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 PM

Just recently Rockbox'd my wife's Clip+ and it's working out pretty well so far.

On the original Sansa firmware the device will switch back to the WPS right before the display turns off after inactivity but this does not happen in Rockbox. Is there a way to make it do that? I've read through the documentation and have gone through the settings but I haven't found anything on this.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Never heard of that behavior in Rockbox. It would seem that if you want it to be in the WPS, you would have it in the WPS. If you want it to be in the WPS when you boot again set that as your start screen.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM

New patched build: 120221-bf4edb3M-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt

I changed my ugly Meier crossfeed hack to use the standard value of Bertrik's Meier v3 (7fff...) for "Meier 1" and the maximum value of the older Meier v2 (ffff...) for "Meier 2". [Diff]

Also changed the keymap a bit - while browsing lists, a short press on the power button brings you now back to the WPS (and menu + center stops playback while in lists). Also removed the annoying pitch screen - it was driving me crazy when it gets pressed in my pocket by accident, and I never use it. [Diff]

Old 02-21-2012, 04:54 PM

My wife uses the Clip+ primarily in her car and likes to skip tracks often. When she's driving she doesn't want to have to look at the Sansa to skip a track. This is fine if the device was always on the WPS but sometimes, if she's at a stop light for example, she will browse through the database, settings, etc and will not have time to go back to the WPS before having to drive again.

I know it's a bit of an odd use case but that's how she likes to use it. I have set the start screen to be the WPS but that would require a power off/on every time right? Again, I mainly ask because the original Sansa firmware does revert back to the WPS just before turning off the display from inactivity and she has gotten use to that.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Read my post right above yours...

Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Administrator

I like this return to WPS. Best so far of at least a half dozen I've tried. A tap on the power button gets me right to where I have the most control. Sweet. I haven't had a chance to test it out while I'm actually on the move but this seems like it's going to make blind, one hand operation even easier.

There was a pitch screen? Guess if I hardly knew it was there I'm not going to miss it.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 AM

Thanks for your feedback, Skip. I just submitted the patch to the tracker... let's hope it goes through.

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12596