android
Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
It's totally hit or miss for me with the Clip+ and Zip - maybe one in five attempts USB is working
I retract that statement - it's been more like one in twenty attempts lately. Ah well, as long as the internal memory is filled to the brim, the nuisance of using the OF is minimal.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-20-2011, 02:41 AM

i've just updated to 31373 and usb is working great (i think 31372 is the change that fixes it).

Old 12-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With 31320 the USB seems to work perfectly on my two Zips.....I'm actually hesitant to change it...lol.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
With 31320 the USB seems to work perfectly on my two Zips.....I'm actually hesitant to change it...lol.
31372 is the best I’ve seen so far, works on every machine we have flawlessly, certainly worth checking out.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-20-2011, 06:53 AM

New patched build: r31375M-111220-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#11767, FS#12075, FS#12338, FS#12454, channel swap) - dfkt

Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM

With the above build, USB worked right away for me, with either direct connection or powered hub. Actually the Clip+ is even recognized on the other hub that the OF chokes on ("error installing device" message in Windows), though I haven't checked how well things work otherwise.

Not sure what was up with the error message RB was briefly presenting to me after unplugging though (something related to playlist? couldn't read it that quickly).

Now to check out Meier xfeed...
EDIT: Very subtle, just enough to do get heavily-panned sound sources out of your ear, which is the kind of stuff that tends to annoy you on cans. Unlike stock xfeed (which can't even be adjusted to operate at levels as low as this, maybe that's its problem), no obvious coloration of sound.

Anyone happen to know what the computing time penalty of this is? It sure seems like something one would like to keep on most of the time.

Last edited by keyb_gr; 12-20-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:30 PM

Official v4.0 bootloader: v4.0-bootloader-sansaclipplus-01.02.16-dual_boot

Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM

awesome stuff. even though i've been using USB for ages, i sometimes forget to power on before connecting which meant the OF kept on creating it's junk folders. now they are truly gone for good.

a huge thanks to funman and all the other rockbox guys.

edit: i did open this task on flyspray a few days back. i think it can be closed now.

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/...r=id&sort=desc

Last edited by marc2003; 12-20-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 PM

You can also get rid of the Sansa junk conveniently with the disktidy plugin. Not sure how long the Sansa-specific stuff has been in disktidy, but it sure is nice to have it there.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:59 PM

I finally whipped out ye olde multimeter (which, in fact, is a pretty new UT71C with TrueRMS and all) and measured the output voltage of my Clip+ at maximum undistorted volume, which turns out to be nominally +4dB for a fullscale sine (actually it's the same as +3 dB):
About 790..800 mVrms, slightly depending on frequency.

That's about the expected result for a 2.5 V supply and a ~100 mV output device saturation voltage.

0 dB gets me ~560 mVrms.

Even with my least sensitive cans (HD420SL, '80s oldie with 600 ohm drivers, 94 dB/mW nom but probably a bit less) and a 50 Hz tone, I can't listen for very long at that kind of levels or my hearing will start doing funny things. Not to mention some buzzing distortion in the left earpiece (hair stuck somewhere?). That shouldn't have been more than 94 dB SPL, which is not that much in the bass.

My hearing threshold for this tone is at about -45..-50 dB, so around 40..45 dB SPL. I consider -20 dB (70 dB SPL) a perfectly fine volume for it. 440 Hz seems fine at -30 dB, and the biting 11.025 kHz best ends up at -50 dB. That fits a -3 dB/oct decay pretty well, and normally I don't even listen to pink noise.

So it seems like the Clip+ nowadays has enough headroom to do away with my -4.0 dB RG pre-gain. Cool beans.
EDIT: I guess I'll put a dB back.

Last edited by keyb_gr; 12-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Just upgraded to newest build and usb is working. Is there a key combo for charging over usb and still listening too it?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Administrator

While Rockbox is running hold the center button as you connect. Rockbox stays active and the player charges.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
While Rockbox is running hold the center button as you connect. Rockbox stays active and the player charges.
left appears to work as well thanks

Old 12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
left appears to work as well thanks
Any button should work

Old 12-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Rockboxed my daughters 4GB clip+ and seems to work with onboard memory, except I have yet to figure how to use the 32GB SanDisk card I installed, as I'm sure it's because don't know how to format it using the Clip+?

I have done many, many searches and still am unable to find a pathway.

I'm not the best Tech orientated, so help would be greatly appreciated

Update: I just deleted the games while going in through the computer..so, now I just need to figure out how to format the 32GB card...I've done searches on this site, the Rockbox manual, but can't find how to do it?

Last edited by rich121; 12-25-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: update

Old 12-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich121 View Post
Rockboxed my daughters 4GB clip+ and seems to work with onboard memory, except I have yet to figure how to delete the plugins and I am unable to use the 32GB SanDisk card I installed, as I don't know how to format it using the Clip+?

I have done many, many searches and still am unable to find a pathway.

I'm not the best Tech orientated, so help would be greatly appreciated
I think the best way is to format the card in your pc with the SD Associations formatter tool here and load via your pc as well. After you load the card to the clip and do a db update in rockbox general settings, it's the quickest way.

Edit: Just noticed the plugins question, not sure why you’d want to delete the plugins but they’re under the “rocks” folder in the .rockbox folder (you can see that when you connect).

Last edited by WalkGood; 12-25-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I think the best way is to format the card in your pc with the SD Associations formatter tool here and load via your pc as well. After you load the card to the clip and do a db update in rockbox general settings, it's the quickest way.

Edit: Just noticed the plugins question, not sure why you’d want to delete the plugins but they’re under the “rocks” folder in the .rockbox folder (you can see that when you connect).

Ok, only card reader I have is the one on my HP printer, but it does show up as a drive.

Problem, when I download the formatter tool from your link, I get the error message:

"Ths KB955704 is for a different hardware platform"

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, if that means anything?

Also, What does "db" mean: "After you load the card to the clip and do a db update in rockbox general settings, it's the quickest way"?

db=database?

I only deleted the games, as I couldn't imagine being able to play them with such a tiny screen.

Last edited by rich121; 12-25-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: update.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
db=database?
Yes

Quote:
Ok, only card reader I have is the one on my HP printer, but it does show up as a drive.
any reader will do, even one of the usb or sd adaptors, so if you can see the card that should work fine. Edit: there’s all kinds of microSD card adapters, here’s a few.

Quote:
…Problem, when I download the formatter tool from your link, I get the error message: "Ths KB955704 is for a different hardware platform"
Look at the green bar near bottom that says “Download SD Formatter for Windows”

Quote:
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, if that means anything?
I don’t use win7 but works fine in my sons win7 laptop.

Quote:
Also, What does "db" mean: "After you load the card to the clip and do a db update in rockbox general settings, it's the quickest way"?
Sorry, what I mean is to format the card via your pc and then load the card the same way. After it’s loaded, move it to the Clip slot and then (not looking at my clip right now) in general settings do a data base refresh, can be done in background also.

Quote:
I only deleted the games, as I couldn't imagine being able to play them with such a tiny screen.
While I don’t play games on it either, my son does fine with them, it’s amazing to see and in general I think kids like some of them just fine, I know I do

Old 12-25-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Yes

any reader will do, even one of the usb or sd adaptors, so if you can see the card that should work fine. Edit: there’s all kinds of microSD card adapters, here’s a few.

Look at the green bar near bottom that says “Download SD Formatter for Windows”

I don’t use win7 but works fine in my sons win7 laptop.

Sorry, what I mean is to format the card via your pc and then load the card the same way. After it’s loaded, move it to the Clip slot and then (not looking at my clip right now) in general settings do a data base refresh, can be done in background also.

While I don’t play games on it either, my son does fine with them, it’s amazing to see and in general I think kids like some of them just fine, I know I do
Still getting the "KB955704 Install Error" message: "The KB955704 is for a different hardware platform"

I have tried about 10 times now...this is really getting frustrating...I have had problems at every step at trying to set this up for my daughter...what a pain!

Old 12-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Ok...I downloaded the wrong file.. thanks for redirecting me to the green box at the bottom

Just finished formating! Yah!!

Again, THANK YOU!