android
Old 05-25-2011, 09:45 AM

i experience a problem with cue sheets.

i googled and found:
http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/...-04/0024.shtml
and
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/...7.90/wap2.html

which is exactly my problem as well.
the proposed solution (putting only one cue file in a directory) won't help.
my cuesheet works in foobar.

any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Those results are pretty old. Considering there's been several thousand builds since 2007 it's just possible that those messages don't relate to current builds.

Have you tried searching from within the Rockbox Technical support site? I seem to remember some type of discussion there about cuesheets a few months ago. Sorry, I don't remember any details. I've only used cuesheets for CD burning.

If after you search there you don't find a answer I'd gather up the circumstances and ask about them them there. I'd be ready to be more detailed that what you are here. I'm not sure how much help you'd get pointing them at those 4 year old links with no explanation of what you want to accomplish.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:13 AM

i didn't remember there was the rockboxforums to search in, my bad -.-'

i found the solution to my problem here: the filename of the cuesheet and music file must match.
it's working now .

thank you for your posting

Last edited by orby; 05-26-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orby View Post
i didn't remember there was the rockboxforums to search in, my bad -.-'

i found the solution to my problem here: the filename of the cuesheet and music file must match.
it's working now .

thank you for your posting
Glad things worked out for you. I don't see any bad there. You did search instead of "my cuesheets ain't working, fix it." Now you know another resource to check if you need more info.

Pure curiosity, what do you use the cuesheets for in Rockbox? I've found playlists give me the flexibility I need but you must see them as being useful if you put this much effort into using them. Is there a feature cuesheets bring that you don't get with playlists?

Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Pure curiosity, what do you use the cuesheets for in Rockbox?
On very few of my classical CDs several movements of a work are listed under the same tracknumber.
Cuesheet enable me to easily insert further tracks at the right spot while letting me return to the original cd layout at any time (backup original cuesheet).

apart from this, i'm very happy with the playlist aproach rockbox offers.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the info. Very clean approach. No need to alter either the tags or files, just refer to them with the appropriate cuesheet. Nice.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if I'm allowed to create a new thread in this section of the forum for my custom build (Clip+)
I do not see any forum rules in this section, so I thought I should ask if its allowed first.

Thanks,
- G4

Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4Oblivion View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if I'm allowed to create a new thread in this section of the forum for my custom build (Clip+)
I do not see any forum rules in this section, so I thought I should ask if its allowed first.

Thanks,
- G4
No problem, it's ok ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just updated to 3.9.....so far, so good!

Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Just updated to 3.9.....so far, so good!
I have it on my clip+ & new fuze - all great!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:33 AM

if i am going to rockbox my sansa clip+, should i also update firmware ?

Old 07-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops View Post
if i am going to rockbox my sansa clip+, should i also update firmware ?
That is part of the process. I think you should do some reading up on the process before you start it.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
That is part of the process. I think you should do some reading up on the process before you start it.
i was about to start reading the instructions but as i was heading towards the bathrrom that doubt came to my mind and asked

thanks

Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I committed keyb_gr's AGC disable patch, and also adjusted the sample format for the mic, so now voice recording should have the right volume. Hopefully that didn't break anything.

As for the large DC offset some people have reported, I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. Even at +6dB I get only a few mVs DC. I wonder if we inadvertently fixed it at some point.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:22 PM

On windows 7 I recently installed Rockbox and when I connect my clip+ to my laptop via usb in MTP mode I can see my music and audiobook files in the root, properly sorted and when I use the original sansa firmware they are sorted and play as they are suppose to, music never gets mixed up with audiobooks.

When I connect via usb in msc mode I can not see any of my music or audiobook files in the root and while I can view and play them on the clip+ using the rockbox firmware in the file browser(##MUSIC#) they are all jumbled together with my audiobooks.

Do I have to drag and drop my music library in the clips msc mode and waste twice as much space? Or is there a way to view and sort the files that are in MTP mode in MSC mode?

Also so I don't waist more of your time with another thread/question how do I properly separate music and audiobooks while in rockbox clip+.

Last edited by lacx; 07-28-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You need to remove everything from the Clip+, set the USB mode to MSC, and then re-load the player. MTP and Rockbox do not go together.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Administrator

To fully use Rockbox the files need to be loaded in MSC. It would be best to take everything back off that you loaded in MTP and reload in in MSC. Those ## folders you see in Rockbox are created by the OF during every reboot in the OF. I've found it best to ignore them and create my own folder/file structure like I would any other drive. I wouldn't try to use the ## folders but any other place you're comfortable with your files should be fine.

Trying to flip back and forth between Rockbox and the OF can be confusing and tends to be counterproductive IMHO. I know the OF is there on my Rockboxed players that don't support USB because I see it for a few seconds after a database refresh. Other than that I do everything else from within Rockbox.

The Sansa OF is pretty good at dealing with audiobooks and podcasts but it doesn't come close to the bookmarking abilities of Rockbox. Get a copy of the manual if you haven't yet and do some reading. The section on what can be done with bookmarks should be especially helpful if you use audiobooks.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you to Melvin the Martian and skip252. You were both a big help.

And yes Bookmarks is AWESOME for audiobooks! Love that it saves the playback settings(mainly shuffle & crossfade off) you had prior to creating a bookmark.

One question though which I didn't seem to find the answer for, How do you save a position in a bookmark? Every time I go to recent bookmarks it goes strait to the track and time it was at when I originally created the bookmark. I need it to save or update to whenever I last left off at prior to shutting down or listening to something else.

Resume Playback does not help me in this situation(after listening to something else). The original firmware had an audiobook setting called "CH. mode" that did this perfectly. Not only did it save the track and time within the track when I last stopped listening, even when listening to a bunch of other songs but it also cancelled shuffle, which I always have on for music.

Last edited by lacx; 07-31-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Administrator

I never used bookmarks much but it would seem Update on Stop would do most of what you're looking for. I don't know if it's possible to save a setting to cancel shuffle but if you use the Home button to access the Quickscreen one of the default setting is to toggle shuffle on and off.

One of the things I learned to do is save .cfg files for different situations. Once I've got things set the way I want them I use the Settings context menu give save that configuration by giving it a unique name. When I want that setup again I just browse to that .cfg file and "play" it. All the settings saved in there load up in a few seconds. You could create a .cfg file that turns off shuffle and "play" that as you start using your audiobooks.

If you look at the Config file options the amount of changes possible by just "playing" a single file is amazing. When you want to load your music files again you just "play" the .cfg file that reloads all your music preferences. It's fairly easy once you get the hang of it. While you can manually type your options into your configuration just loading the setting changes the .cfg file on the player.

I'd mainly think in terms of you want to do something a particular way you probably can in Rockbox. If you save .cfg files as you work on your setup you can always fall back to your last good set that worked. Comes in really handy when you test what a setting can do and it's messes up something you worked a long time to set up.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Rockbox Developer

Default Resuming audiobooks and podcasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacx View Post
The original firmware had an audiobook setting called "CH. mode" that did this perfectly. Not only did it save the track and time within the track when I last stopped listening, even when listening to a bunch of other songs but it also cancelled shuffle, which I always have on for music.
You can already resume all tracks from their last-played position when you enable the autoresume feature (Settings → General → Automatic resume). The manual explains the details.

And I am also working on a feature that will highlight the last-played track in each database view, much like the original firmware. If you're able to do your own Rockbox build and would like to test this feature, head over to FS#12054.