android
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM

does the most current robox build over at rockbox contain most of what dfkt has done or not?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 AM

No, the patches added in my build aren't in the official builds.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 AM

so can I still get the build with meiers crossfeed w/o the usb?

thanks

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberter View Post
You can only write on the player in the native UI. The computer does not read the clip+ at all when in rockbox mode.
Is this still the case? Seems to be. I just got my Clip+ today, and rockboxed it immediately. I've been looking through the rockbox manual a bit, as well as the forums here. I don't recall seeing any superobvioushitmeonthehead kind of notice about this, so I had a bit of frustration until I came upon this thread and started glancing through it.

I don't mind working with the limitation, I just wish it were more obvious. I just had a look again at the online rockbox manual, and really, it's not clear at all.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Administrator

I'd check the AMS Port Status page occasionally. If USB support happens that will update. You can also check the Rockbox 4 Week Changes page for updates.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 PM

Are rockbox can play music while charging ??

Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsosis View Post
Are rockbox can play music while charging ??
Yes. Press continuously the select button while Rockbox is running and plug the cable in.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
Yes. Press continuously the select button while Rockbox is running and plug the cable in.
Wow... its work.

Thx

Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Samsung Moderator

Anyone else has experienced a database build/update issue with new 3.8 version?

I have 8 GB internal + 2GB external files on my Clip+. No problem in 3.7.1 to update database but with the new version database update gets stuck after a certain number of files. Even worse, rockbox corrupts something so that my computer needs to format the device to give me access to it.

I tried to retransfer my files bit by bit with different settings combinaisons (load to ram, auto update, initialize now, update now) but no way!

I can't stand it anymore

Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 AM

Seems there's a bug in 3.8, at least with some AMS Sansas: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,27335.0.html

(I only put 3.8 on my Cowon X5, didn't try it on the Clip+ myself.)

Old 03-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hum okay at least that's a known issue...

I already lost 3 hours of my free time yesterday because of this issue so I guess I'll just come back to 3.7.1 as long as that isn't fixed

Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Anyone else has experienced a database build/update issue with new 3.8 version?

I have 8 GB internal + 2GB external files on my Clip+. No problem in 3.7.1 to update database but with the new version database update gets stuck after a certain number of files. Even worse, rockbox corrupts something so that my computer needs to format the device to give me access to it.

I tried to retransfer my files bit by bit with different settings combinaisons (load to ram, auto update, initialize now, update now) but no way!

I can't stand it anymore
It's happened to one of my Clip+, but not the other . I had to bust out the Panasonic formatter on the thing, and then I had to do a manual install, because the Rockbox Utility would freeze and shut down when I tried to auto-detect the player with it. I haven't yet reloaded any music on it.

Yet my other Clip+, the one with the external card, and the internal memory that is chock-full to avoid database refreshes, works fine....and my Fuze also is fine with 3.8.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Hum okay at least that's a known issue...

I already lost 3 hours of my free time yesterday because of this issue so I guess I'll just come back to 3.7.1 as long as that isn't fixed
I don't know if this will work for you or not, but after formatting, manually installing rockbox 3.8 again, then reloading music, now the database initializes just fine....and the Utility worked for going in and installing the fonts pack and a theme.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator

There's a new comment up on the FS tracker for #11965. That's where Progweed first reported this. It seems to be fixed in the current builds. I just tried r29511 with no problem. I had the same problems as lebellium when I tried last night's build.

The database has built and refreshed normally and I haven't had any further file system problems. I tried transferring in and out a few gigs of files and everything seems to be back where it was.

Don't know what got fixed or who fixed it but I want to say thanks.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Samsung Moderator

That's good to know
I came back to 3.7.1 but if the issue is fixed in the latest build, maybe I can upgrade!

Old 03-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator

It's working for me on both my Clip+ and my V2 Clip. I don't have a V2 Fuze available to try with right now. One of the kids has it.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It's happened to one of my Clip+, but not the other . I had to bust out the Panasonic formatter on the thing, and then I had to do a manual install, because the Rockbox Utility would freeze and shut down when I tried to auto-detect the player with it. I haven't yet reloaded any music on it.

Yet my other Clip+, the one with the external card, and the internal memory that is chock-full to avoid database refreshes, works fine....and my Fuze also is fine with 3.8.
Why did you use the Panasonic formatter?

Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
Why did you use the Panasonic formatter?
Windows was telling me it needed a format.....so what better formatter to use than the Panasonic one? I've used it on all of my Sansas at one point or another, along with my microsdhc cards.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

At its site, the SD Association recommends its own SD Formatter, for whatever that's worth.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
At its site, the SD Association recommends its own SD Formatter, for whatever that's worth.
From the Panasonic site......
Quote:
Software Description

This software formats SD Memory Card and SDHC Memory Card(SD/SDHC Memory Card) using a formatting program that complies with the SD Memory Card specification SD formatting provides quick and easy access to the SD Memory Card.

Generally, SD/SDHC Memory Card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with the SD Memory Card specification.
Not to mention, it was recommended by dfkt...and he seems to know his way around this stuff.